Steeda Suspension Upgrades... it has begun

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I am a firm believer that finding an excuse to be under the car is half the fun so I took advantage of Black Friday and purchased a few items from Steeda's catalogue:
  • Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs
  • Subframe Bushing Support System
  • Vertical Links
  • Rear Support Braces
  • Subframe Alignment Kit
  • Camber Plates
  • Rear Sway Bar Kit w/ End Links
  • Adjustable Rear Toe Links
  • 2-Point G-Trac Brace
  • Full-length Jacking Rails
Finally found a little time this weekend to get the car up in the air and began installing some of this stuff. So far I've only put in the jacking rails and rear support braces. The G-Trac Bar is going in tomorrow. From there I'm going to divert my attention to swapping out the resonators. Will pick the suspension goodies back up after taking it out for a test spin.

So far I have been very impressed with the quality, packaging and overall design of the Steeda products. Always very helpful whenever I call. Excited to see how the full package changes the handling.
Sponsored

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350
I am a firm believer that finding an excuse to be under the car is half the fun so I took advantage of Black Friday and purchased a few items from Steeda's catalogue:
  • Vertical Links
  • Rear Support Braces
  • Subframe Alignment Kit
  • Camber Plates
  • 2-Point G-Trac Brace
Finally found a little time this weekend to get the car up in the air and began installing some of this stuff. So far I've only put in the jacking rails and rear support braces. The G-Trac Bar is going in tomorrow. From there I'm going to divert my attention to swapping out the resonators. Will pick the suspension goodies back up after taking it out for a test spin.

So far I have been very impressed with the quality, packaging and overall design of the Steeda products. Always very helpful whenever I call. Excited to see how the full package changes the handling.
This is similar to the "STOP THE HOP PACKAGE"? Plus some other goodies

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the support, Rob - & we have no doubt, you will be very happy with the before & after :)

Keep us updated!

TJ

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
I installed almost the exact same parts on my ā€˜19 and am impressed with both the quality of the products and the after results. Iā€™ll be ordering up the same batch for my new ā€˜16 in the coming days.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Great choices! Iā€™m enjoying my Steeda equipped Bullitt as well. I just received their adjustable toe links in the mail. Iā€™ll install those soon and that will complete my rear suspension mods. Trying to get it ready for the Sticky Mickeyā€˜s.

Sponsored

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I threw the whole catalog at my car, minus the shocks & struts. Basically everything on their race car my car has. Iā€™m my opinion I think people should stick with one suspension company if at all possible. I donā€™t like seeing BMR stuff mixed with steeda goodiesā€¦.thatā€™s me being weird thoughā€¦..

Steeda FTWā€¦.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I threw the whole catalog at my car, minus the shocks & struts. Basically everything on their race car my car has. Iā€™m my opinion I think people should stick with one suspension company if at all possible. I donā€™t like seeing BMR stuff mixed with steeda goodiesā€¦.thatā€™s me being weird thoughā€¦..

Steeda FTWā€¦.
Agreed.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
  • Vertical Links
  • Rear Support Braces
  • Subframe Alignment Kit
  • Camber Plates
  • 2-Point G-Trac Brace

Hey Rob,
Fellow Bay Area owner here. Very nice list of parts, anxious to hear how you like the results. I've been wanting to lower mine since before taking delivery but came to find out the physical dimensions of the Shelby means the splitter scrapes easier than average, I'd not get in or out of my driveway. Best of luck.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey Rob,
Fellow Bay Area owner here. Very nice list of parts, anxious to hear how you like the results. I've been wanting to lower mine since before taking delivery but came to find out the physical dimensions of the Shelby means the splitter scrapes easier than average, I'd not get in or out of my driveway. Best of luck.
I have a buddy that has a Honda that scraped until he bought some of these for his driveway. It takes care of the at-home piece of having a lowered car, but will still require caution out in town.

https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Dri...t=&hvlocphy=1015128&hvtargid=pla-743776215359

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have a buddy that has a Honda that scraped until he bought some of these for his driveway. It takes care of the at-home piece of having a lowered car, but will still require caution out in town.

https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Dri...t=&hvlocphy=1015128&hvtargid=pla-743776215359
My driveway is but one concern. Iā€™ve got literally hundreds of thousands of miles with many different lowered cars and have not had scraping problems. But the length of overhang of the Shelby puts the splitter in contact in and out of driveways as well as some speed bumps. I had a 964 lowered to Cup Car ride height with a fiberglass splitter on that but with the short frontal overhand never scraped it. At stock ride height I have to be very careful and at that still have scraped many more times than Iā€™m happy about. Thx though for the Amazon link, that may indeed be of help for home.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Steeda FTWā€¦.
That's just your OCD. It wouldn't be any different than doing incremental components from one company and leaving other components OEM.

There are some components that might have been developed to be paired with other particular components, but the sway bar doesn't know or care what brand of end links you run, as long as the connections are the same and whether or not it's adjustable.

Now, I wouldn't try to mix inter-component (i.e. one type of spring on one side and another on the other) but the chassis doesn't care if you're running Steeda upgraded diff HW or BMR or otherwise. The Steeda stuff will run and pair just as well with SPC adjustable camber arms as it does any other brand, once the tech locks them into proper dimension, the suspension can't tell who's name brand is featured.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That's a lot to do. I think at this point my back prefers me under the car instead of bent over the engine bay, or something for an extended period. Enjoy the install, and the after drive.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
That's just your OCD. It wouldn't be any different than doing incremental components from one company and leaving other components OEM.

There are some components that might have been developed to be paired with other particular components, but the sway bar doesn't know or care what brand of end links you run, as long as the connections are the same and whether or not it's adjustable.

Now, I wouldn't try to mix inter-component (i.e. one type of spring on one side and another on the other) but the chassis doesn't care if you're running Steeda upgraded diff HW or BMR or otherwise. The Steeda stuff will run and pair just as well with SPC adjustable camber arms as it does any other brand, once the tech locks them into proper dimension, the suspension can't tell who's name brand is featured.
Man, I donā€™t know if I have OCD or notā€¦lol. I get what youā€™re saying. Iā€™m thinking more of the lines that steeda made their parts particularly to mesh with their other parts. I guess itā€™s just old school thinking perhaps.

I chose steeda cause to me, I wanted a car that spec for street and road course type driving. The other companies did really offer what I believed I needed at the time. My car is an 18 and I bought everything from steeda including k-member all at once in 18.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I donā€™t know if I have OCD or notā€¦lol. I get what youā€™re saying. Iā€™m thinking more of the lines that steeda made their parts particularly to mesh with their other parts. I guess itā€™s just old school thinking perhaps.

I chose steeda cause to me, I wanted a car that spec for street and road course type driving. The other companies did really offer what I believed I needed at the time. My car is an 18 and I bought everything from steeda including k-member all at once in 18.
That is true - when we test our components & bring new items to market, we are doing some with the intention of having the parts work in harmony with each other. It's why our Steeda Performance Vehicles have been so popular - we can install with our own suspension, chassis & engine upgrades to all work in unison & create that perfect harmony for the driver :)

TJ
Sponsored