Sponsored

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
A lot of people are wondering about what parts they should use for their new mustangs. I've seen a lot of good write ups about why Steeda this and why BMR that. I've watched the forum manufacturers go toe to toe about their parts and I love that the companies stand so proudly for their stuff.

I'm a humble guy who collects parts over a period time and installs all of it on his own in his garage. If you haven't seen my youtube channel its very easy to find when you search 2015 mustang.

Since Nov 26, 2014 I've been putting to together this Daily driven Performance beast. I come from road racing the BMW s1k platforms and own several bikes of every class. Taking apart things I shouldn't isn't something uncommon for me. I am pretty confident in my own skills that if i broke something, I'd be good enough to put it back together enough to drive it to a shop for a pro to fix. Thats how I've learned so much about this car. This is my first car, the first I've truly taken apart and put back together. The IRS subframe and rear suspension is now my b#$%.

Here is my suspension list alone:
-Steeda IRS bushings
-Steeda SF braces
-Steeda Vertical Links
-Steeda Differential bushings
-Eibach pro kit(hoping to swap for steeda progressives)
-Steeda Front and rear Sway bars
-Steeda billet sway bar mounts
-Steeda alignment kit
-Steeda bumpsteer kit
-Steeda toe links
-Steeda g trac k brace

I started off with the IRS bushings, these were a gift.
After installing these alone, there was a significant improvement. I did before and after burnouts because thats where you could really tell how bad the wheel hop is. Launching was a little more easy with these.

Next, Subframe Braces. After installing these, i'd say about 90% of the wheel hop was gone. This is 2/3 of the package steeda sells to eliminate wheel hop. I had already done some performance mods at this point so the wheel hop was back. Installing the braces was easy and the benefit of them was outstanding. Some people might actually be happy stopping at just these two for wheel hop reduction.

But no stopping for me, Vertical links next.... I had initially installed these on 1g4my2g. He's the pro charged mustang pushing over 600whp on 91 pump. he definitely needed these. He started off with just the links and bushings and man, that made a huge difference. he would wheel hope for days before I installed them and now he's laying long uninterrupted tracks of rubber. 3/3 of the components on my car and the car is finally settled. Power directly to the floor, no issues just smiles.

The greatest thing about Steeda, was that everything you had to install was completely reversible. I know BMR makes great parts. I've talked to a lot of road racers who use BMR and love those products. But with Steeda, theres not cutting, drilling, pressing or permanent changes being made. I was almost done here, what more can i do it feels great!

Steeda then came out with the game changer, Differential bushings. Three different types and all reversible and interchangeable.
The install was kind of a b#$%. Had to take down the exhaust and subframe braces for clearance and the fuel tank was in the way. With out those complications the install is absolutely straight forward. Im currently running the black bushings which is the performance ones. This change the overall feel of traction. I was able to catch easily and just gave me a much more settled feeling. the car did gain a tiny bit of NVH but you won't find any setup for differential bushings with less NVH than these.

G-Trac K member, unfortunately I did not get to test this on its own. I installed a bunch of stuff at once. I did however install this first on 1g4my2g and he definitely enjoyed the extra rigidity from the brace. One thing you can consider about this is the stock perf. pack comes with its own brace. One you have to eliminate if you ever get a Roush Blower of some sort. Like i said before having all the components together has created a solid feel in the corners.

Front and rear Sway Bars with billet mounts. These sucker are HUGE. The fedex guy was pissed... I live on a hill where its hard for delivery guys to do there job. he only made it halfway up the driveway before he needed a break. For those of you who bought the performance pack and are wondering... " does aftermarket have advantage over the perf. pack sways" YES! absolutely
here are the specs on STEEDA vs PERF. Pack:

GT Performance Pack Sway Bars:
Front: 1.25"
Rear: .875"

Steeda Adjustable Sway Bars:
Front: 1.375"
Rear: 1.125"

Install is what is expected. Worming that front sway bar is a PITA but thats the same on any car. Steeda allows you to adjust its stiffness from OEM feel to an insane Stiff and rigid setup for track. I did some hard corning at 100 mph where i usually do 80 and its sure as hell because of these bad boys. Mine came with an extra stiff setting as well... Fluke? The billet mounts themselves are sturdy and built beautifully as well. Better to look at them some flimsy brackets. If your brackets are flimsy, whats the point of a sway bar right?

Bumpsteer Adding these to the car has made a world of difference. I hadn't thought much of the piece just looking at it. It's beautifully built don't get me wrong. But its so small and seems irrelevant. Before installing, driving a lowered car had its cons. Every bump in the road seemed to have wanted to pull my car in either direction. Adding the bumpsteer has made the car feel more solid and smooth. I can't tell you if that was the bump steer alone, but in addition to all the other steeda components it feels fantastic driving on bumpy roads.

Toe links Don't think it'll do much for me in the driver seat, but the extra adjustability for lowered cars is the advantage here. Adjusting the toe is pretty important and the stock links just don't cut it. The guys doing the alignment loved it
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
If you guys still can't decide on what you want, Many others and myself can testify about how well all these components work. Its a chain of modifications that work well together. Once you upgrade all the bad links its an unbreakable chain. David from Steeda has also help me with my numerous questions and if the performance alone does do it for you Steedas great customer service will.

I am fully supportive of all Steeda and everything Steeda:first:
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1080.jpg
IMG_1081.jpg

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
More pics

:)
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg
IMG_1076.jpg
IMG_1075.jpg
FullSizeRender_2.jpg
FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Love the write-up!!

Steeda did change the front sway bar sometime in the last 2-3 months to have 4 adjustment points vs. 3 that the first round of bars had.

I still have to get the g-trac and subframe braces. Guess I will add the bump steer and toe links too. I have everything else. The car is amazing.

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Love the write-up!!

Steeda did change the front sway bar sometime in the last 2-3 months to have 4 adjustment points vs. 3 that the first round of bars had.

I still have to get the g-trac and subframe braces. Guess I will add the bump steer and toe links too. I have everything else. The car is amazing.
Truly is amazing work they did!

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Truly is amazing work they did!
You got that right! I took mine on the Tail of the Dragon 3 weeks ago and wow...what a road. The car performance was amazing. I could run up on stock GTPP like they were a dump truck pushing in the turns.

Can wait to add the other parts plus their new shocks and struts when they're ready. And and my new wide ass rubber that will be here in a month. 285/35/20 and 305/35/20 out back:D

Can you share you alignment settings?

OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
You got that right! I took mine on the Tail of the Dragon 3 weeks ago and wow...what a road. The car performance was amazing. I could run up on stock GTPP like they were a dump truck pushing in the turns.

Can wait to add the other parts plus their new shocks and struts when they're ready. And and my new wide ass rubber that will be here in a month. 285/35/20 and 305/35/20 out back:D

That i got professionally done at an alignment shop. Im not sure what specs they tuned it too sorry =[

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
That i got professionally done at an alignment shop. Im not sure what specs they tuned it too sorry =[
No problem, thanks. I was hoping they provided you their printout after the alignment was done:cheers:

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Sounds expensive but I bet it was worth it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Blitz

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to eventually max out my suspension with Steeda parts, I currently only have springs sitting in the box until I get some time to install.
It will be worth it! I'm sure david could hook you guys up if you get a group going or something. he did that for us with the intake a long time ago

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Amazing write-up, Tony! Love hearing honest feedback from our customers :)

We've got a bunch more parts rolling out of manufacturing in the coming weeks, can't wait to share them with you guys!

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Unless you have caster/camber plates there is not much flexibility. Front and rear toe and rear camber. I'd shoot for .05* toe in the front, .10* in the rear and -1.5-1.75* camber in the rear. Here are my specs.

I am not sure if it was adjusted during the alignment but your bumpsteer kit looks off. It seems like you have all the spacers in there which is not necessary. You want that bottom nut to be a couple of turns past the last thread. Also, with the OEM balljoints, the least change in toe occurs with the rod end near the top of the stud (remove spacers from the top). That's what we found out during my alignment.

This is what mine looks like after the alignment.

Sponsored