Sponsored

Steeda stop the hop enthusiast kit help!

OP
OP
Blixt_Blues

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
Got the car re aligned this weekend. Rear Camber was sitting at -2.0 on both sides. Was able to get it to -1.4. The ride does feel slightly better but there is still a harshness. Talked to a steeda technician as well. And he is also thinking the spherical bushings are causing the harshness. We are currently assessing options on what to do next.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I think the coils touching on a progressive spring is ok. If the spring is progressive, its lower rate portion will need to fully compress before you get into the higher rate range. That’s just the nature of dual rate or progressive springs.
Keep in mind, also, that there is a difference between a dual-rate spring or a progressive one. The dual rate is meant to have one rate initially and a second rate once that's cancelled out. These are useful for getting the right combination of ride height and spring rate when you can't adjust loaded length externally (like on a spring perch). A progressive spring has a rate which is continuously rising as it goes through it's travel range.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You are in good hands with Mike D. - he will get you taken care of!

TJ

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I think spherical bushings are going to be harsh by nature. They focus on maintaining movement without compliance.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think spherical bushings are going to be harsh by nature. They focus on maintaining movement without compliance.
Aside from the install, I have no complaints about my Steeda spherical bearings. I don’t notice any harshness. The car just feels better (more solid and predictable) with them. I think they compliment the Stop the Hop Kit very well.

A lot of people will bypass this mod because of the installation challenges, but for those who see their way through, it’s well worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blixt_Blues

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to leave this thread in the dark but life decided to happen (newborn as of the 21st of April and im in the middle of a remodel of my kitchen and living room.) I've been in contact with the steeda reps and we have decided to try a polyurethane bushing with a free moving center sleeve. Part is currently on its way to my house and I will install it once I also receive my mgw shifter I ordered a month ago. Those have been back ordered for months due to demand. Just want to give the people watching this thread an update.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Sorry to leave this thread in the dark but life decided to happen (newborn as of the 21st of April and im in the middle of a remodel of my kitchen and living room.) I've been in contact with the steeda reps and we have decided to try a polyurethane bushing with a free moving center sleeve. Part is currently on its way to my house and I will install it once I also receive my mgw shifter I ordered a month ago. Those have been back ordered for months due to demand. Just want to give the people watching this thread an update.
Congrats on the baby!!

Saleen094

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have basically the same set up.
Steeda shocks and struts
Steeda springs
Steeda front and rear sway bars
Steeda k member
Steeda end links
Steeda irs brace
Steeda jacking rails

I will say that the car is extremely tight and can be a little rough to ride in sometimes compared to stock
But that is the nature of the beast

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I have basically the same set up.
Steeda shocks and struts
Steeda springs
Steeda front and rear sway bars
Steeda k member
Steeda end links
Steeda irs brace
Steeda jacking rails

I will say that the car is extremely tight and can be a little rough to ride in sometimes compared to stock
But that is the nature of the beast
Do you have the GT Premium w/Magneride?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blixt_Blues

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Finally got the LCA bushings replaced with polyurethane ones last night. The ride has now smoothed out completely. I do have to say the rear end is a little bit less stable feeling now but not a whole lot worse but that is to be expected. If you want all out handling above all else those spherical bushings can't be beat imo. But if street driving is what your mustang does most of the time like mine does maybe hold off on them and see how you like it first. On a side note the mgw shifter I installed last night when I had everything apart is amazing.
Sponsored