Sponsored

Steeda stop the hop enthusiast kit help!

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
So over the winter I had installed steeda's stop the hop enthusiast kit along with their progressive rate springs, the pro active non adjustable shocks and the billet rear shock mounts. I have been driving the car for about a week now and the ride is borderline unbearable. The front end feels fine but the rear is very very harsh, like reace car harsh. No one will ride in the car with me its so bad. I've read reviews and even read through lots of threads on this site and no one seems to have the same problem. I followed the instructions step by step and even torqued everything to factory specification. I did notice after installing the spherical LCA bushings the control arm was very very hard to get to swing after I loose mounted it to the car. I figured it was because I was putting everything together in my 20 degree garage and nothing wanted to move. Steeda is so far radio silent from the help requests I've sent their way so now I'm getting desperate. Any and all help or advice is welcome. I just want to drive my car again without compressing my spine.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What did you do about the bump stops? Cut them or install new ones? Did you clock all the bushings afterwards?

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did read that the Steeda shocks are fairly harsh. If you're only having the problem in the rear, the good thing is that the shocks are fairly easy to swap out. Could put the stock ones back on and just see and compare if it's shock related. If it is, could just get some rear shocks. Ford Performance or Bilsteins seem to be having good results. I certainly like my Bilstein B16s quite a bit. Mine seems like a very nice medium for a sporty street car.

OP
OP
Blixt_Blues

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
What did you do about the bump stops? Cut them or install new ones? Did you clock all the bushings afterwards?
I did trim the factory bump stops down by an inch or roughly the 1st rib on the stops. I cannot recall 100% but I'm pretty sure I loaded the suspension before tightening everything down to spec.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
You need to call Steeda. I’ve dealt with their phone support before and they are great. I can’t imagine them ghosting you on this.

Call them and speak with them

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blixt_Blues

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I did read that the Steeda shocks are fairly harsh. If you're only having the problem in the rear, the good thing is that the shocks are fairly easy to swap out. Could put the stock ones back on and just see and compare if it's shock related. If it is, could just get some rear shocks. Ford Performance or Bilsteins seem to be having good results. I certainly like my Bilstein B16s quite a bit. Mine seems like a very nice medium for a sporty street car.
Yeah swapping back to the stock shocks are not hard to do. Its for sure worth a shot at least. I'll probably try to swap them out tonight and report back. Thanks for the tip!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
But, the real question is, are you still hopping?

OP
OP
Blixt_Blues

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Well I've been digging around the underside of the car and I think I may have found out what is causing the harsh ride (see picture below). Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think coils should be touching at static ride height. Needless to say steeda is getting a phone call tomorrow morning.
20210330_201546.jpg

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Please keep us appraised of your situation.

Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think the coils touching on a progressive spring is ok. If the spring is progressive, its lower rate portion will need to fully compress before you get into the higher rate range. That’s just the nature of dual rate or progressive springs. Don’t think that there’s a different way to do it. But certainly see if you can get a response from Steeda.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
You didn't happen to get the computer module upgrade with your springs?

OP
OP
Blixt_Blues

Blixt_Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Well talked to steeda this morning. He did verify the springs are meant to touch on the top coils so its not that. He also mentioned that an alignment can effect the harshness if it is to aggressive specifically the Camber. So I'm going to try and get the alignment checked this weekend. I also clocked the LCA bushings last night and that didn't seem to help. Once I get it on the rack and re adjusted I'll let you guys know what I find.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I did notice after installing the spherical LCA bushings the control arm was very very hard to get to swing after I loose mounted it to the car.
This is your problem. With the LCA bearings it should be extremely easy to move the arm, unlike with the OE bushings tightened. Recheck your installation. Who did the bearing install into the arm itself.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Well talked to steeda this morning. He did verify the springs are meant to touch on the top coils so its not that. He also mentioned that an alignment can effect the harshness if it is to aggressive specifically the Camber. So I'm going to try and get the alignment checked this weekend. I also clocked the LCA bushings last night and that didn't seem to help. Once I get it on the rack and re adjusted I'll let you guys know what I find.
pm your contact number and I will reach out to you in the am.

Thanks
Steeda tech
Sponsored