Sponsored

Steeda Springs Cracked/chipped paint and rust

BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
I picked up a set of used Steeda sport springs from a friend a long while back. They have about 10k miles on them. It looks like the blue paint on them is chipped/flaking off in a few spots (some as long as 1-2 inches) where the spring rubbed without an isolator or where his rim may have rubbed the spring. There is what appears to be surface rust on those spots. Are these still safe to use. I plan to do this right and keep the springs on for a while. I'm thinking I should just pick up a new set. It looks like they're having a sale right now, but if I can save myself a couple hundred bucks why not?
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Surface rust should be fine

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have a note into our manufacturing team - If you can send some pictures to [email protected] so we can see what kind of rust you are talking about ... that will help allow our team to assess the issue.

TJ

OP
OP

BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
I have a note into our manufacturing team - If you can send some pictures to [email protected] so we can see what kind of rust you are talking about ... that will help allow our team to assess the issue.

TJ
Thanks TJ. I PM’d you earlier a couple of questions.

I’m thinking Steeda comfort kit. I’m sure the springs are probably ok but I plan on having this car for a long time. The damage already done, while surface damage, still kind of worries me. Maybe I’m being too overly cautious.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Thanks TJ. I PM’d you earlier a couple of questions.

I’m thinking Steeda comfort kit. I’m sure the springs are probably ok but I plan on having this car for a long time. The damage already done, while surface damage, still kind of worries me. Maybe I’m being too overly cautious.
I mean, you could always just take them to a metal shop and have them stripped and powdercoated, probably for less than the cost of new springs.

JR
Sponsored