Sponsored

Steeda Sport springs too low? No gap- tire issue?

Evil Eye

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am on Eibach Sportlines with 305/30/20 rear and 275/35/20 front with no rubbing. I would have it checked by another shop just to be safe.

yote3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

ZtownGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I am on Eibach Sportlines with 305/30/20 rear and 275/35/20 front with no rubbing. I would have it checked by another shop just to be safe.

yote3.jpg
Thanks - different springs though.... What would a shop be looking for? I don't have any weird suspension noise, so I can't imagine the bump stops are missing.

Evil Eye

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks - different springs though.... What would a shop be looking for? I don't have any weird suspension noise, so I can't imagine the bump stops are missing.
I know the springs are different, my point was if I don't have rubbing with my springs that are lower, you should not be rubbing.

A qualified shop could just make sure everything is installed correctly if you cant check it out on your own. Good luck!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I really believe there is a problem with the springs or install. I do know a couple of guys running the Eibachs and they are running a 305/35R20 on the rear and not rubbing and hearing noises. I forgot if you stated the offsets of your wheels, but offsets make a difference also.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Its very hard to assemble the springs wrong and not have noise or clunking.

If you want to know if the springs are too low, park the car on level ground and measure from the center of your wheel hub to the top fender edge above it. That measurement will take the tires out of the equation, and then you can compare with stock heights minus the advertised drop for those springs. That's one of the better ways to compare ride height. Just going off pictures of tire gap is not a great way to measure.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ZtownGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Its very hard to assemble the springs wrong and not have noise or clunking.

If you want to know if the springs are too low, park the car on level ground and measure from the center of your wheel hub to the top fender edge above it. That measurement will take the tires out of the equation, and then you can compare with stock heights minus the advertised drop for those springs. That's one of the better ways to compare ride height. Just going off pictures of tire gap is not a great way to measure.
good idea- now that I canā€™t measure stock heights- anyone wanna volunteer? šŸ˜‰

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Comparing your ride height to another car with stock springs isn't going to tell you much. Due to production tolerances/variations, it is quite possible the other car with stock springs would have a different ride height than your car did before the new springs. A better comparison would be with another car with the same springs and shocks/struts installed, and hopefully equipped the same as your car also (i.e. if your car is a 301a trim level, find another 301a car to compare to).

At least that way you'll be comparing apples to apples, and have a better idea if your ride height is similar to other cars lowered with the same springs.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP, shoot me an email to [email protected] - I will get with our installation team & see what we can diagnose.

Look forward to hearing from you!

TJ

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey guys,

recently had these springs installed at my local Ford dealer- Iā€™m having some rubbing issues on the rear going over bumps and Iā€™m seeing little/no gap at the rear.

from what I can see of otherā€˜s setups online, Iā€™ve definitely got less gap on both front and rear. Do I have a tire size issue? Iā€™m running 305/35/20 on the rear and 275/35/20 on the front.

Or, is it possible the springs were installed incorrectly?

CAAF52B5-71AE-438E-9B6E-79679AAC0831.jpeg
Your tires are too tall.

Sponsored

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
That rear tire is far to tall. Should be a 305/30

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference in price between a 305/35r20 tire and a 305/30 is insane. It would actually be cheaper to install Steeda spring spacers in the rear than to replace the tire.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Crazy isn't it.

The difference in price between a 305/35r20 tire and a 305/30 is insane. It would actually be cheaper to install Steeda spring spacers in the rear than to replace the tire.

94five-oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang Gt 401A
any solution to this?

I already got my wheels and tires.

i will be running 305/35/20 on 20x10 +40 in the rear

now i need to find out what lowering coil will work best, i'm wanting Steeda sport with pro-active struts and shocks.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 295 on +48 offset wheels, based on my clearance I think you will be OK. My setup is actually tucked in the fender a small amount, maybe 1/4". With your slightly wider tire, and wheels slightly more towards the outside of the fender, you should be pretty much flush with the fender, or poke out just a tiny bit. Combined with being an inch lower it's possible you might experience some rubbing going over bumps or really fast turns that cause the car to lean and compress the suspension. I doubt it would be serious rubbing though, and if it happens you could get enough clearance just by increasing the camber in back to pull the top of the tire in a little more.

Since you already have the wheels and tires, the best thing to do is go ahead and mount them up so you can see just how much clearance and poke you have. If the tire is poking out too much to clear full suspension travel even with a camber adjustment, you might want to reconsider the spring choice and go with minimal drop springs, or just order the spacers I mentioned before in an appropriate thickness to limit the amount of drop to a safe height, just remember the amount of lift is double the thickness of the spacer, so their 1/8" spacer will increase ride height 1/4", the 1/4" spacer will raise it 1/2", etc. I suspect it won't be an issue though.
Sponsored