Sponsored

Steeda Sport Progessive Springs Noise? UPDATE: It’s wasn’t the Steeda springs!

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 - Race Red
Has anyone who has installed the Steeda sport progressive lowering springs had a slight rattle or knock at low speeds from the rear of the car? I didn’t notice anything when I first put on the springs, but when I swapped the shocks to the Bilsteins I noticed the rattle. Of course I thought it was the shocks, but I’ve checked all the torques on the shocks and other suspension components and can’t find anything off. When checking things out again today I notice the tighter coils on the rear springs have all the coating removed where the coils have been hitting each other. Now the noise makes sense and I really think it’s the springs rattling since the coils are so tight. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve searched for other posts and didn’t come across any that seemed to have this issue. I only get the sound at low speeds (25mph and under) when driving on a slightly imperfect road. No perceptible noise at higher speed or when going over large bumps or extremely rough roads.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I'm no expert, but I don't think it should be doing that. I'd suggest taking a picture of the springs where the paint is gone, and asking Steeda what they think.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an update. @SteedaTech reached out to me and offered to check the car out to help determine what the issue was. I'm fortunate to work just a few miles from Steeda's Valdosta facility, so I took it in this morning. They checked it out and were able to eliminate the rattle by swapping it to different dampers, so it appears that I have at least one defective Bilstein damper. Fortunately they are under warranty, so I should have a new set delivered next week, and I'm going to let Steeda swap them out for me just to be sure I don't have any problems with it. They did look at the springs and said the wearing of the finish on the tightly wound coils is normal and should not be causing any problems.

I'll post an update once I get the new shocks installed.

If you are looking for parts or service work, I highly recommend Steeda. They build awesome components, and their support is phenomenal!

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Great customer Service by Steeda

Mus2z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I got my Bilstein from 4WheelOnline. Good to know yours is covered by warranty and they will replace it soon. Hope you can give us an update on the new shocks you're about to install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Yesterday I received the replacement Bilstein B6 shocks under warranty, and today Steeda swapped them out for me. Sure enough, the noise is gone with the new shocks. The guys at Steeda were awesome in handling this when it wasn’t even their parts causing the issue. Thank you to Mike D, Matt H, and Jamie at Steeda for diagnosing and fixing my issue and doing it very quickly. If you want a company that stands behind their products and helps even when it’s not their product, go with Steeda!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
wasn’t even their parts causing the issue.
Steeda's parts never cause issues. Glad it all worked out for you !

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the feedback & updating the thread :)

We appreciate your support!

TJ
Sponsored