Sponsored

Steeda Sets New World Record - UPDATE - 9.787 @141.22 mph

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Such as?

I don't think they are hiding much here. Just about everything you can do to the motor is done outside of the stock short block. They are lighter than most S550's and admit that and show you what parts are used. They list their fuel and tuner info along with all the non-Steeda parts used. What do you think they are hiding?
I’ve been in the race game too long. Nobody’s going to tell you everything that’s been done. Especially when trying to set records.
Sponsored

Troy Carter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I’ve been in the race game too long. Nobody’s going to tell you everything that’s been done. Especially when trying to set records.
Same here and I understand that nobody shares everything but where is the line drawn? I don't think they are hiding anything big here just leaving it up to others to find the little things which is understandable to me. Most people are skeptics about other folks build where they need to be more detailed with their own builds. They share the engine mods, suspension, trans, race weight and how they got that light. So, maybe we don't know every specific that many would overlook but I don't see anything suspicious here with what is "done" to the car.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I myself would not want to know everything thats done to anyone's car, when a record is set, if its claimed as a stock engine, well its a stock engine record, as long as you know the weight of the car, thats very important. Its up to each person trying to set records to decide on how to build a car and what parts to use.

Interesting to me is the car goes tow out at front end extension, my car goes toe in. I have the Steeda Coil overs and Bump Steer kit and a manual rack. I need to play with my bump steer, so does this car. There is 60 ft in that when the car lands.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Isn’t that the beauty of these self proclaimed records? And this is not a dig at Steeda. But every ding dong on the inter webs makes these Worlds fastest claims. And every single claim is completely unverifiable. Completely stock? If you say so? Unopened engine? If you say so? Fastest full weight car? Ok I guess.....

Last edited:

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Isn’t that the beauty of these self proclaimed records? And this is not a dig at Steeda. But every ding dong on the inter webs makes these Worlds fastest claims. And every single claim is completely unverifiable. Completely stock? If you say so? Unopened engine? If you say so? Fastest full weight car? Ok I guess.....
Lmao! They should be called the “Ding Dong” records... There should be a list of the top Ding Dongs with their self proclaimed records.

Sponsored

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Happens all the time, at least Steeda is being open about mods, but some of the claims people are making are such BS.

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Steeda has a very well optimized setup on this car.

You could spend less and go the blower route and achieve similar results, but it is more interesting to see the NA progression.

I am about half way there in duplicating this setup. The tough part will be the weight reduction.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have had this car on display multiple times - engine compartment exposed & the ability to sit in it ... there isn't a whole lot we can hide at this point:

2019-S550-Mustang-gt-steeda-autosports-hardcore.jpg

4db1f5c8-2e53-4201-8f69-4f3de11d5c64.jpg

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the car at Woodward too - on display for the Woodward Dream Cruise.

unadjustednonraw_thumb_124b8-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda crew had an absolute blast at the Nitto NMRA Spring Break Shootout at Bradenton Motorsports Park! It was amazing to see many of our favorite #Steeda racers doing what they do best! And as always, there were a ton of awesome cars on display and racing down the 1/4. A special thanks to those who stopped by and checked out the #SilverBullet in the Baer Brakes booth! Check out some of our event coverage and be sure to tag the owners!

44829040640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=yCT0p2KM1scAX9Oo3qM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg

82695202816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=kkwJWAgTgHUAX88m6BX&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg

21004269568_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=YbcQIPuH9cAAX_qQSNM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It was an awesome weekend finally getting the Silver Bullet back out to the track. It shattered the All Motor sixty-foot record for a 10R80 (2018+ Mustang) with a 1.383, thanks to Circle D, Lund Racing and that Steeda suspension!! Made 5 record passes off the footbrake to a 1.40 or better. Obviously, we also used it for all our errands today lol. This hot rod never lets me down, love it.

Check out the full build here - https://www.steeda.com/project-vehicles

64416809544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=tGKzxJffoG4AX80WjBI&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)