Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Was about to install my koni set up, but I just placed my order for the Steeda struts/shocks.
Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
No bounce. Now I'm just riding a roller coaster. :)

It eats the road pretty good. For having this suspension on and 4 hours of driving I didn't feel beat up at all. Ride isn't bouncy at all to me. You'll feel the imperfections in the road, but in control.
I don't mind feeling imperfections in the road, I don't like the bounce in the factory shocks and struts at all. The springs and sways have definitely helped minimize the pp bounce but it's still has more than I care for. I'm happy with my current suspension mods but there's still room for improvement.

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I thought the stock pp struts were good enough for daily driving? :lol:
they are good but they are a little bouncy especially after going to stiffer spring.... I tried to get away with the pp shocks after lowering my car but ended up not satisfied with the results. I should have just bought them and installed it all at the same time and saved myself a lot of trouble....

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
they are good but they are a little bouncy especially after going to stiffer spring.... I tried to get away with the pp shocks after lowering my car but ended up not satisfied with the results. I should have just bought them and installed it all at the same time and saved myself a lot of trouble....
which springs are you running?

The Pp shocks and struts are night and day different between the garbage base package suspension.

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
which springs are you running?

The Pp shocks and struts are night and day different between the garbage base package suspension.
i'm running the cj pony parts "raked springs" I think Eibach makes them... the pp shock/struts aren't optimized for lowered cars.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
i'm running the cj pony parts "raked springs" I think Eibach makes them... the pp shock/struts aren't optimized for lowered cars.
PP shocks and struts can easily handle lowered cars with mild drop.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Sub'd been waiting for these! Almost pulled the trigger on another set really glad I waited.

Sponsored

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
PP shocks and struts can easily handle lowered cars with mild drop.
sure, I agree... It will be a little bouncy though. I guess its just a taste/preference. A lot of people run the pp shocks with springs and are cool. My car is dropped 1.5" in the front and 1.0" and I could definitely use some aftermarket shocks/struts to reduce that bounce and give me options with the adjustability. I live in Brooklyn and the roads are total shit up here.

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
MGW install complete, solid piece for sure

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
My Steeda shocks and struts arrived today! Now need to arrange to get them installed. I am assuming these are a 4 hr or so install job?

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
My Steeda shocks and struts arrived today! Now need to arrange to get them installed. I am assuming these are a 4 hr or so install job?
depending on weather you've done a spring install before it might be a lot faster but if its you first time then yea that sounds about right. Do you have a spring compressor? I tried the ones from autozone and it was a pain so I bought one of these that makes the job much easier.
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-6494-Cla...dp/B0002SRHU6?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

i might sell it if someone was interested.
Sponsored