Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
There still hasn't been an answer to if these get more firm than the Konis.

I assume this was intentional.
I multi-quoted a response for the first page of the thread, was going to do one multi-quote post per thread page. Then I just happened to eat lunch, so no it was not intentional. :cheers:

Our shock valving is entirely different than the Konis, which means the adjustment range is different as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hmm looks good. I think these need to find their way on to my car sooner than later...
Sweet! Just let me know, bud!

Very nice! Will the struts work with factory springs? I dont want to lower my car.
They will absolutely work with factory springs! :)

Hey david, got the email on these today. I'm still waiting on your coilovers. Could you pm me with any new info you might have? Oh and these look awesome btw
Hey bud, yes will do as soon as I have an update on those. :)

He just said the valving is different. Not really they were stiffer or softer. With a wider adjustment range I would assume you can get very soft or very stiff.

Steeda just keeps taking my money.
Can't wait to see these on your car, sir! :cheers:

Damn it, Steeda is breaking my bank, LOL. After putting some well needed miles on the Steeda Progressive Sport Springs, sway bars, and Stop the Hop package this weekend I noticed that the factory dampeners suck ass! It still feels a little soft for my taste and I am definitely going to swap them out. Will these fit with the stock pp wheels and tires? I'm planning to swap the wheels when it's time to replace the garbage Pirellis but for now I'm still on the stock setup.
Haha! They will absolutely work just fine with the stock PP wheels/tires - I'd say enjoy your current setup for a bit and let me know when you're ready for a change! :)

315 up front is AWESOMESAUCE! Are these struts offset?!
These aren't offset, you can fit big wheels/tires with these. You may need to adjust the camber and toe accordingly.

Bad ass. Can't wait to get these!!!
Heck yeah man! Can't wait to see them installed!

Shocks only option?
You bet! Should be adding those shortly.

Finally they have arrived, now the big question is how can I get myself a set [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] ?
pm'd :)

I would love to be a guinea pig :thumbsup:
I want to see these on your car asap!

these are most likely manufacture by koni to steeda specs.
The valving on our shocks is proprietary to Steeda, ours also offers a wide range of adjustment.

David, can you give some specs on width, offset and back space for wheels used with these. specifically the 295-315 range.
I will have to get back to you on examples, although for let's say a 315 you'd want to stay within the 28-30 ET range.

Order placed.
Awesome!! We'll get those shipped out to you asap!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
BMR springs and Steeda shocks and struts....do i dare?

Not trying to talk crap...but for 150 more over the Koni combo, whats the big benefit? Just trying to learn
Do it! Should pair nicely, these are ideal for lowered cars. I had mentioned it but ours has a wide range of adjustment and a proprietary shock valving, on the softest setting it's going to be awesome for a DD and on the firmest it will be track-ready.

Ohhhhhh...do want!!!!

[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]...go ahead and send me a set to show everyone how great these are! ;)
I'll get right on that! ;)

I definitely want these.
Sounds great, would love to see these on your ride!

Will you guys sell a front and rear kit separately, for us poor folks who can not afford to buy them all at one shot.
Absolutely! Front and rear kits coming very soon.

Dang I've been looking for these on my car here on tracks in Florida and daily driver to work!!!! Need these with springs for the shows!
Nice, just let me know and we can have these to you in about a day or so!

Nice! They look great, and will match my springs..lol
They sure will! :)

Hah, I swear, I just ordered my Koni's yesterday... and then 30 minutes later, I get an email from steeda about their struts/shocks. LOL

It's all good though. I paid a good price on the Koni's, and I don't think I could go wrong with either choice.

I was actually waiting for steeda to announce their stuff, but decided I couldn't wait any longer.
No worries bud, you'll be happy with the Konis. They're a great set as well!

Man....If I knew these were going to come out this soon, I would of waited and gave Steeda more of my money. You got my money anyway with the Koni setup but everyone knows that I am a Steeda whore, AKA Steeda Todd in the AtlantaS550 club :)
:D

I'm ordering my steeda sport springs tonight. Almost wondering if I should just wait to install so I can get these and install together. Would make job easier. And even more of a new car to drive. :)
I agree with Todd, I'd do the install all at once to make it easier.

Newb, question, but how do the front shocks allow for up to 315 wide tires?

They don't look much different from Koni's or FRPP's offerings.
With an increase in negative camber. ;) It would be aggressive for sure.

Perfect! I'm going to pair these with GT350 springs. Along with these mods:

GT350 springs
Steeda struts and shocks
Steeda sway bars
Steeda camber/ caster plates
MMR350 wheels
P275/40R19 continental extreme contact DW
MGW shifter

All I need now is $5k :)
Going to be a beast!

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Yep, I'm a resident of The Diamond State now. Haven't put a mod on my car in far too long. You ordering Landon?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
These look suspiciously identical to the Koni. Probably made in the same factory just different valving. More for DD than track.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
These look suspiciously identical to the Koni. Probably made in the same factory just different valving. More for DD than track.
That statement is not true. Look at the info that David has provided.

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm ordering my steeda sport springs tonight. Almost wondering if I should just wait to install so I can get these and install together. Would make job easier. And even more of a new car to drive. :)
I would if you can swing it. I just lowered my car and didn't upgrade the shocks/struts. Its kinda bouncy with the stock shocks.... I'm about to order some right now. I could have saved some install time for sure!! Don't make my mistake get'em!

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Any group buy pricing?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
David can you pm me your best price on these please.

Also, is the ride height going to Change if I switch out my stock dampers with eibach sportlines with your dampers?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also, do we have to modify the rear shock mount?

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I would if you can swing it. I just lowered my car and didn't upgrade the shocks/struts. Its kinda bouncy with the stock shocks.... I'm about to order some right now. I could have saved some install time for sure!! Don't make my mistake get'em!
The damn bounce is killing me, lol. The factory dampeners suck ass! I have Steeda Progressive Sport springs, sway bars, and the "Stop the Hop" package. The bounce is definitely much better but it's still too much for my liking. I'm definitely going to be picking these up in the near future. I still have wheel hop too, it's about 75% better. I bet the G Track brace and these stocks and struts will cure the remaining bounce and hop. At least the body roll, squat, and dive is gone. Why did Ford give the S550 truck suspension?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The damn bounce is killing me, lol. The factory dampeners suck ass! I have Steeda Progressive Sport springs, sway bars, and the "Stop the Hop" package. The bounce is definitely much better but it's still too much for my liking. I'm definitely going to be picking these up in the near future. I still have wheel hop too, it's about 75% better. I bet the G Track brace and these stocks and struts will cure the remaining bounce and hop. At least the body roll, squat, and dive is gone. Why did Ford give the S550 truck suspension?
You need the rear subframe braces and red differential bushings. Your hop will be gone 100%. G-trac is for the front.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Possible spring and strut package? Kind of like the ford racing suspension package?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
You need the rear subframe braces and red differential bushings. Your hop will be gone 100%. G-trac is for the front.
Thanks for the suggestion! I have the rear subframe braces. I'm a bit apprehensive to mess with the differential bushings because I don't want to risk the gear whine, it would drive me crazy, LOL. It's been pretty wet all week so I haven't really been able to hard launch so it's possible that the one time I did hard launch there still may have been a little moisture on the ground that I didn't notice.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Are there any dyno sheets available?
What rates are these dezigned to work with?
Sponsored