Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hi everyone,

We've been busy developing not only suspension components for the S550, but also developing our Tri-Ax short throw shifter! This has just been released, is readily available and works on all GT, V6 and EcoBoost models equipped with manual transmissions :)

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax short throw shifter is crafted from billet steel and heat-treated for solid construction and to provide no increase in shifter NVH. Our 2015 Tri-Ax shifter lever will provide a 15% shorter throw and retains full reverse lockout functionality of the factory shifter.

The re-engineered pivot mechanism provides not only a shorter throw, it's also equipped with a nickel-plated finish for great looks and corrosion protection.

This straight forward install takes only about an hour and a half and you probably have all the tools you need sitting in your tool box. Dramatically improve your driving experience with our short throw shifter! Our shifter accepts factory shift knobs and aftermarket knobs with M12 x 1.25 thread pitch. Easy to install and does not require any permanent modifications to your vehicle. Comes with a lifetime warranty!

Key Product Benefits:
- 15% throw reduction
- Made of high-quality billet steel
- No increase in shifter NVH (noise, vibration and harshness)
- Retains reverse lockout
- Comes with a lifetime warranty

Please note, our S550 Tri-Ax shifter (#555-7316) is offered at an introductory price for a limited time!

Product Photos:
steeda-mustang-tri-ax-short-throw-shifter-2015-555-7316-6.jpg
steeda-mustang-tri-ax-short-throw-shifter-2015-555-7316-1.jpg
steeda-mustang-tri-ax-short-throw-shifter-2015-555-7316-2.jpg
steeda-mustang-tri-ax-short-throw-shifter-2015-555-7316-4.jpg
Sponsored

jtiedemann4

2015 Magnetic Mustang GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hi everyone,

We've been busy developing not only suspension components for the S550, but also developing our Tri-Ax short throw shifter! This has just been released, is readily available and works on all GT, V6 and EcoBoost models equipped with manual transmissions :)

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax short throw shifter is crafted from billet steel and heat-treated for solid construction and to provide no increase in shifter NVH. Our 2015 Tri-Ax shifter lever will provide a 15% shorter throw and retains full reverse lockout functionality of the factory shifter.

The re-engineered pivot mechanism provides not only a shorter throw, it's also equipped with a nickel-plated finish for great looks and corrosion protection.

This straight forward install takes only about an hour and a half and you probably have all the tools you need sitting in your tool box. Dramatically improve your driving experience with our short throw shifter! Our shifter accepts factory shift knobs and aftermarket knobs with M12 x 1.25 thread pitch. Easy to install and does not require any permanent modifications to your vehicle. Comes with a lifetime warranty!

Key Product Benefits:
- 15% throw reduction
- Made of high-quality billet steel
- No increase in shifter NVH (noise, vibration and harshness)
- Retains reverse lockout
- Comes with a lifetime warranty

Please note, our S550 Tri-Ax shifter (#555-7316) is offered at an introductory price for a limited time!

Product Photos:
Do you have install instructions yet?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Ant installed pics? Also besides a short throw shirt is the sloppiness of the factory shifter fixed with this kit?

Sponsored

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
Ant installed pics? Also besides a short throw shirt is the sloppiness of the factory shifter fixed with this kit?
I'm hoping so. My other half got me this for my birthday this past weekend, I'll be installing this weekend.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping so. My other half got me this for my birthday this past weekend, I'll be installing this weekend.
Plesse take some pics and let us know how the install goes.

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
Plesse take some pics and let us know how the install goes.
Sorry but I didn't get any pics of the install but I can take a pic of it installed later on if you like. Looks the same for the most part but the stock shifter sticks up a little bit higher. Any way the install was straight forward until getting to the part where you need to go under the car. Follow instructions though and just have a little partience as getting to the part you need to access can be tricky. Just need a few extensions and universal joints. Any how once installed the shifter itself is definitely quality. The sloppiness of the stock shifter is drastically reduced and feels so much tighter now. I like it and enjoy the improvement.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but I didn't get any pics of the install but I can take a pic of it installed later on if you like. Looks the same for the most part but the stock shifter sticks up a little bit higher. Any way the install was straight forward until getting to the part where you need to go under the car. Follow instructions though and just have a little partience as getting to the part you need to access can be tricky. Just need a few extensions and universal joints. Any how once installed the shifter itself is definitely quality. The sloppiness of the stock shifter is drastically reduced and feels so much tighter now. I like it and enjoy the improvement.
If you can please get a photo that would be great. I'm curious how much shorter the shifter is.

Sponsored

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT

These are all after install, I have no before hand pictures unfortunately for reference but maybe you can look at yours and see. Doesn't look like a huge difference but the way it feels is totally different.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just wanted to update this thread with the new revised version of this street short throw shifter. The revised version has a 30% throw reduction and drops the shift knob approx. an inch. I had this installed on Saturday night and this modification became an immediate favorite. If you're like me and don't want to or need to spend the extra money on the race version short shifter kit, do yourself a favor and buy this one. The tri ax street version has become my second favorite mod right behind my tunes. The shifts are quick, precise, tight, there's no slop, very very little NVH, and the shifts just feel awesome. My knob drop is absolutely perfect as now my forearm rests on the center console area and the shifts are just a flick of the wrist basically. I also installed the clutch spring at the same time and so with the spring and the short shifter, I am loving this manual transmission. There's no need for automatic for blazing shifts. I highly recommend contacting [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] and buying http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-tri-ax-short-throw-shifter-2015-all-555-7316/ if you want blazing smooth shifts without spending the money on the race version. This kit is awesome!! :headbang:

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Just wanted to update this thread with the new revised version of this street short throw shifter. The revised version has a 30% throw reduction and drops the shift knob approx. an inch. I had this installed on Saturday night and this modification became an immediate favorite. If you're like me and don't want to or need to spend the extra money on the race version short shifter kit, do yourself a favor and buy this one. The tri ax street version has become my second favorite mod right behind my tunes. The shifts are quick, precise, tight, there's no slop, very very little NVH, and the shifts just feel awesome. My knob drop is absolutely perfect as now my forearm rests on the center console area and the shifts are just a flick of the wrist basically. I also installed the clutch spring at the same time and so with the spring and the short shifter, I am loving this manual transmission. There's no need for automatic for blazing shifts. I highly recommend contacting [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] and buying http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-tri-ax-short-throw-shifter-2015-all-555-7316/ if you want blazing smooth shifts without spending the money on the race version. This kit is awesome!! :headbang:
Thanks for the review, Tom! Great feedback and we're glad you're enjoying the Tri-Ax! :)

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Hey David, I have been staring at a cart full of steeda goods - tri ax, springs, heel-toe pedal, etc...

You guys are the worst haha :headbonk: I love your stuff.

Any chance you're doing an Easter sale? I'm too tempted to push the buy button.
Is there a forum discount to ease this wallet pain?
Sponsored