Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Steet/Track Suspension Package (15-17)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hi Everyone, I must say this kit knocks it out of the park as far as handling and ride quality.
I have been on this setup for nearly three weeks and did it in stages.
Once the Pro-Action adjustable Struts and Dampers were added it was amazing on how the ride quality improved!
Total build on this is, Steeda front and rear sway bars, dual rate comp springs, Steeda Pro-Action Adjustable shocks and Steeda rear billet shock mounts.
Also. you will note that we have very little rake in the suspension, this is to provide more weight over the rear tires where its needed, to hook up coming off the corners.
S550 comp springs.jpg
S550 COMP SHOCK.jpg
Sponsored

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone, I must say this kit knocks it out of the park as far as handling and ride quality.
Once the Pro-Action adjustable Struts and Dampers were added it was amazing on how the ride quality improved!
Total build on this is, Steeda front and rear sway bars, dual rate comp springs, Steeda Pro-Action Adjustable shocks and Steeda rear billet shock mounts.
Also. you will note that we have very little rake in the suspension, this is to provide more weight over the rear tires where its needed, to hook up coming off the corners.
Looks really good.

From what I understand, changing the rake will have little to no change on the static weight distribution of the car. Lowering the rear in relation to the front will decrease weight transfer across the rear axle, which should increase rear grip. Problem is, with the rear sitting too low (and the added downforce from the wing) you will run out of bump travel in the rear which is not a good thing. I found I had to raise the rear slightly and bump to a stiffer spring to avoid this issue.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda track pack at work!

The official Pace Car at Homestead International Raceway This weekend!!!
IMG_0139.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: