Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (15-19 All)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I do have one question for @SteedaTech , what is the specific ride height that the extended stud lateral links are set for? I realize roll center can move around a small amount (small changes in ride height) without going into the weeds, however there is a "neutral" point it is designed for and most ideal. Is it 1" drop from factory?

With a motion ratio near 1:1, the ideal drop is 7/8”, which pairs well with our 555-8246 Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs

Thank you
Steeda Tech
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150

Negatives of roll center and bump steer correction on a lowered car:
1. Less suspension travel to soak up bumps
However if you are into HPDE, Auto X or even Corner Carving on back roads it is very well worth the price of admission and provides a proper foundation from which to build up from in the future.
Thanks for the review. i have been watching this thread for some time waiting on someone to give some feedback on their experiences. I have a 17GT PP with Steeda Progressives, Adjustable dampners, Camber plates and rear shock mounts. I have been looking into what my phase 2 suspension upgrades might look like, and what my goals would be. When you say "Less suspension travel to soak up bumps" I read this as you saying its a firmer ride. If that is a correct interpretation, how much more firm is the ride now compared to what it was before?

I am trying to make sure that whatever suspension mods I decided to go with, that I don't end up with a setup that is too firm (read harsh). One of the reasons why I choose the Steeda Progressive Springs was because they offered the greatest level of comfort. Based on your current experiences with these parts, would they be a good candidate on a car that was daily driven, or on a car that one might take on a road trip?

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
The front suspension actually travels in an arch rotation . Back and up . With lowering springs this engineered arch is interrupted by the control arms new positioning ..

I am sure that these parts address the geometric changes .. @SteedaTech may I receive a discount code please ?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Bumpsteer vs lowering . . . kind of an indirect thing.

Lowering generally affects caster, and caster changes carried out to the outer tierod end's ball joint are reflected in an elevation change. Which then pulls the tierod inclination either up or down from where it was previously. This would affect bumpsteer.

Norm

Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bump Steer Correction Kit (15-18 All)

Hi everyone, this is a must have for you serious road handling guys out there!
Improved lap times by over one second in competition! pm Steeda Tech for special pricing!

By lowering your S550 Mustang, you have consequently lowered the front roll center and introduced more pronounced bumpsteer. This leads to symptoms you have likely experienced: reduced steering response, increased body roll, and reduced cornering grip.

With an increased ball stud height, Steeda's Lateral Link (555 4906) has eliminated the adverse effects of lowering your vehicle by raising the front roll center. This, in turn, helps to increase steering response, decrease body roll, and increase cornering grip, helping you turn even better lap times! Coupled with our S550 Bumpsteer Kit (555 8133), your front suspension geometry will remain intact, with a significant reduction in bumpsteer.

These are a must for any S550 Mustang owner looking a bolt-on suspension upgrade to increase handling performance.

Product Benefits:

Corrects the front roll center on vehicles lowered 0.5" or more
Reduces bumpsteer
Increases steering wheel responsiveness
Decreases body roll
Improves tire contact patch with the road
Increased cornering grip
Sold as pair
lateral and tension.jpg
I did that setup and made a world of difference in handling ! ! !! I am running eibach sport lines springs and steeda struts and shocks

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
@SteedaTech

I'm thinking about picking these up and just had a couple questions I was hoping you could answer:

I already have the Steeda bumpsteer kit. I had adjusted to ride height when I had Ford Racing springs ~1" drop. When I switched springs to BMR SP083 my front drop decrease only to "7/8 drop so I didn't want the hassle of re-adjusting the bumpsteer again, seeing as its only a 1/8" difference.

I don't know where the extra spacers are that came with my bumpsteer kit.

• When I install the lateral links and go to adjust the bumpsteer tie rods - do you think I will need extra washers? Trying to avoid buying another bumpsteer kit just for a few washers, obviously.
  • The bearings for the tension links - do you think this is a worthwhile modification if I am already in there swapping the lateral links?
Thanks.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@SteedaTech

I'm thinking about picking these up and just had a couple questions I was hoping you could answer:

I already have the Steeda bumpsteer kit. I had adjusted to ride height when I had Ford Racing springs ~1" drop. When I switched springs to BMR SP083 my front drop decrease only to "7/8 drop so I didn't want the hassle of re-adjusting the bumpsteer again, seeing as its only a 1/8" difference.

• When I install the lateral links and go to adjust the bumpsteer tie rods - do you think I will need extra washers? Trying to avoid buying another bumpsteer kit just for a few washers, obviously.
  • The bearings for the tension links - do you think this is a worthwhile modification if I am already in there swapping the lateral links?
Thanks.
No problem we will provide the extra washers at n/c when you purchase the new lateral links.
Yes, this would be a good time to up grade to the tension links.
Thank you,
Steeda tech

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
No problem we will provide the extra washers at n/c when you purchase the new lateral links.
Yes, this would be a good time to up grade to the tension links.
Thank you,
Steeda tech
Thanks @SteedaTech
I am planning to pick those up!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have another question. Do these lateral links decrease suspension travel? It sounds like it does?

Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@SteedaTech

Thanks.
If you have a non premium mustang gt like me you should upgrade the tension links to either ford performance which are in stock or steeda brand just make sure they have them in stock. I did ford performance with steeda lower control arms with extended ball joints and bump steers.
Also if you don't have the tool to separate the ball joints do yourself a favor and go buy it !! ! The tapping on the knuckle is bullshit
I didn't have the correct tool I had the fork and I beat the shit out of it to break it loose. I even used a short sledge hammer and it to forever. I even put heat to them every joint was a bitch. Then wait till you have to torque the bolts lol while you are on the ground. I am 6ft and 270 and I struggled Good luck
But it was well worth it my car handles incredibly with their struts and shocks on top of all their suspension parts.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have another question. Do these lateral links decrease suspension travel? It sounds like it does?
If you are looking for handling steeda is the way to go. I love driving my car now my big thing was the slop in the steering. Once I installed steeda front and rear suspension. It handles like a race car I let my neighbor drive it he was shocked. I even had to watch my steering because I was so use to the play in the steering.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If you are looking for handling steeda is the way to go. I love driving my car now my big thing was the slop in the steering. Once I installed steeda front and rear suspension. It handles like a race car I let my neighbor drive it he was shocked. I even had to watch my steering because I was so use to the play in the steering.
Oh yeah. I mean I’m not a Steeda fanboy though. I pick my parts based on science behind it, data and personal and anecdotal experiences. I have quite a lot of suspension mods now. Very race car ish. My steering is extremely responsive. But I expect an improvement in the steering feel from the lateral links and tension link bearings.

It didn’t really answer my questions about suspension travel but anyway... I think it may be cheaper to just buy the lateral links and the tension link bearings and swap them into my existing stock tension links but haven’t decided. I may but the full arms with bearings already installed - don’t know yet.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah. I mean I’m not a Steeda fanboy though. I pick my parts based on science behind it, data and personal and anecdotal experiences. I have quite a lot of suspension mods now. Very race car ish. My steering is extremely responsive. But I expect an improvement in the steering feel from the lateral links and tension link bearings.

It didn’t really answer my questions about suspension travel but anyway... I think it may be cheaper to just buy the lateral links and the tension link bearings and swap them into my existing stock tension links but haven’t decided. I may but the full arms with bearings already installed - don’t know yet.
I guess I'm a steeda fan boy!!! Im not worried about the price just the quality and warranty behind the product. I bought a base model so I can upgrade it the way I want too. So far it been all positive using steeda unless someone comes out with a better part.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750