Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (15-19 All)

Theisland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Just got the lateral links and outer tie rods aka bumpsteer kit installed. 1 hour job and $100 in labor well spent. My mechanic made it look easy getting the ball joints out. Tip for those who are going to tackle this job, take the 4lb hammer and just go at the knuckle with full force.
20190128_084948.jpg
Sponsored

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
Installed a couple sets of these with more to come. 4 lb sledge hitting the top of the stems was my go to without issue.

9FB1B482-F4D3-4CB7-9260-BCD052AD004A.jpeg
1A4F9C15-7A0E-448E-9043-D40B28B7406E.jpeg
Is the gap between the spindle and rubber boot the way it should be? Steeda’s instruction on this are less than stellar. I am installing mine now and want to make sure. Otherwise I will have to wait until Monday and call Steeda

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Is the gap between the spindle and rubber boot the way it should be? Steeda’s instruction on this are less than stellar. I am installing mine now and want to make sure. Otherwise I will have to wait until Monday and call Steeda
Yes. That’s where the extension comes from.

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Theisland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Question...will this kit be able to adjust for more than a 1.5 inch drop? I would like to step up to coilovers and drop the height to where the fender meets the tire, but I really want to keep optimal suspension geometry.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Question...will this kit be able to adjust for more than a 1.5 inch drop? I would like to step up to coilovers and drop the height to where the fender meets the tire, but I really want to keep optimal suspension geometry.
Yes, it will improve the front roll center on a 1.5 drop

Steeda Tech

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Like SteedaTech said it will definitely improve the roll center. But at 1.5" drop you still won't have optimal geometry. That's just too much of a drop for optimal geometry. That said, the addition of the lateral link & bumpsteer kit should make an immense difference on the setup. Can't say enough how happy I am with whole upgrade of the tension link and lateral link. I highly recommend it anyone who has lowered their car.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I've been on the fence about this kit for months. I have the Progressive 1.125" and rear 1" Steeda springs and I think everything feels fine but I can't say that I know what I'm really missing. The stock springs were so bouncy & stiff, I'm not sure I'll feel the difference without spending the money on the Bumpsteer kit. Having the car aligned even only near street Daily driving specs, the car felt better than stock. Even during Autocross, everything kind of seemed Ok. ..Not that I'm really being competitive yet.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I've been on the fence about this kit for months. I have the Progressive 1.125" and rear 1" Steeda springs and I think everything feels fine but I can't say that I know what I'm really missing. The stock springs were so bouncy & stiff, I'm not sure I'll feel the difference without spending the money on the Bumpsteer kit. Having the car aligned even only near street Daily driving specs, the car felt better than stock. Even during Autocross, everything kind of seemed Ok. ..Not that I'm really being competitive yet.
Well, for one thing you need the bumpsteer kit if you're going to install the lateral links. It's pretty much a requirement.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah, I meant the full monte, just referred to it offhandedly.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah, I meant the full monte, just referred to it offhandedly.
Ahh okay gotcha. I mean do you need it? No not really. But, there are some negative effects from lowering the ride height. But, if you don't feel it then perhaps leave it be.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Completely removed the weird steering characteristics of my lowered car and took it back to or better than factory spec at original ride height.

Lowering causes issues sometimes.
As an aside, with Steedas DR Springs don't scrape my front end on my notorious drive way entrance even with a giant MMD front splitter and only 18 inch Apex wheels. :)

Car is sitting so low I just had to go buy a low profile jack, still no scrape. (The stiffer Springs are keeping it from bouncing on entrance and exit are helping stop the scrape also I believe)

The combo of the lesser aggressive drop from the DR Springs and the roll center/bumpsteer correction and control arms gives the car an OEM feel instead of the. "Oh crap I've messed up my car " feel that a lot of guys get when they do a greater than 1 inch drop via Springs only.

I would only recommend minimal drop Springs less than 1 inch for anyone not will to address the front end geometry and steering linkages from now on .
Sponsored