Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate HPDE Suspension Pack (15-19 All)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Great video of Sebring on course.
just needs real-time telemetry overlay and suspension setup details (turns out from hard, any spacers on springs) to complete the experience. Nope, I'm not greedy or nuthin'.
Sponsored

Danapple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The point if worded poorly was that a non-coilover car keeps winning/beating coil-over cars when that shouldn't be possible.

Again, what are these "coilover cars" that are loosing that "shouldnt". I have yet to see what cars you are competing with

As for your statement on coilovers those are all true. They they also have a much better motion ratio so you don't need to run a 2000# spring on the rear, and locating the spring and shock togeather makes the shocks job much easier. As for your cost analysis. Yeah a lot of racecar shocks like ohlins/penske are several grand. Something on par with what you're talking about though, can be had for about 1500-2500.

Danapple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well if I could get my street car that I drive to the track and not trailer like a race car to within a second of a race car then I'd be pretty happy with that result! Especially since I probably would achieve that with half the investment of fancy million dollar Penske/MCS/OHLIN shocks and struts, race tires, labor in stripping for weight savings, and a roll cage investment! I've driven the Sebring club course back in the day and I can tell you it does not reward HP nearly as much as you think. It actually is a very rough and bumpy surface so the fact that a 3500lb+ Mustang that drove there can hang with a race car is pretty cool in my book.

Since I have never been to sebring I will take your word on that however based on footage I have seen of the track I would disagree. As for their street car being within 2 seconds of a racecar. For something that costs as much as a brand new ZL1 1LE id certainly hope its fast. For the cost of their package to that car "just under $15,000 on top of buying an PP1 mustang" for that price i can go pay a shop to go do the math on the proper bar rates, springs, shock valving, ride height based on the race weight of the vehicle, purchase those parts, install them, corner balance and align the vehicle, and still have a full interior street legal car that i can drive to the track. And again for the street car aspect I've seen an otherwise 100% bone stock 2018 mustang on 285 re71s lap chuckwalla within a second of a super miata, and his time at big willow was pretty similar as well. And he drove that car 7 hours from norcal down to willow springs, put the lap times down, and drove it home. So color me pretty un impressed when a $50,000 mustang on a track with long straits isn't able to out pace an SCCA STU car "they don't have much power and they are in the more entry level of racecars". If we were talking nasa STU that would be different. But id suspect that a nasa ST3 mustang would probably have beaten that time "that red car basically falls in the ST3 class just would need to loose about 100hp to meet the class power/weight ruling

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Since I have never been to sebring I will take your word on that however based on footage I have seen of the track I would disagree. As for their street car being within 2 seconds of a racecar. For something that costs as much as a brand new ZL1 1LE id certainly hope its fast. For the cost of their package to that car "just under $15,000 on top of buying an PP1 mustang" for that price i can go pay a shop to go do the math on the proper bar rates, springs, shock valving, ride height based on the race weight of the vehicle, purchase those parts, install them, corner balance and align the vehicle, and still have a full interior street legal car that i can drive to the track.
Vorshlag dropped 10 seconds of the time of a Base PP1 Mustang for way less than 15000$. In fact they do it with 3500$ Ohlins+Camber Plates+Shock Mounts, Whiteline Swaybar+Endlinks kit 635$ + 19x11 wheels and 305/30 Wheels all around 2500$. For me this was really impressive. The Steeda car has a lot more parts in it so I suppose it run similar difference in times than Base PP1.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Repeatably we turn 1.28 around Palm Beach International race way with our HPDE Mustang.
palm beach.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
Vorshlag dropped 10 seconds of the time of a Base PP1 Mustang for way less than 15000$. In fact they do it with 3500$ Ohlins+Camber Plates+Shock Mounts, Whiteline Swaybar+Endlinks kit 635$ + 19x11 wheels and 305/30 Wheels all around 2500$. For me this was really impressive. The Steeda car has a lot more parts in it so I suppose it run similar difference in times than Base PP1.
I think the car you are speaking of was sold for over 34k just recently and you forgot some parts like the brake ducts, long tube headers, CAI, tune for 93 or e85, and the cool looking color changing temp gauges that monitor oil and trans temps which also had oil coolers installed. I guess they also removed the carbon fiber hood cause I remember seeing an Anderson Composites hood on the car in addition to the PP2 splitter and fully belly pan.

_D4A8794-L.jpg

Price: SOLD
Miles: 2,473
Title: Clear Texas title (reg good through Feb 2020)
VIN: 1FA6P8CFXJ5110746
Engine: Gen III Coyote 5.0L 485 whp and 436 wtq
Drivetrain: Getrag MT82-D4 6-speed manual, Super 8.8" rear, 3.55 gearing
Colors:Race Red exterior, Black cloth interior
Mods: 19x11" MOMO wheels, Bridgestone 305/30R19 RE-71R tires, PP1 brakes, G-LOC pads, brake cooling,
ARH long tube headers, JLT CAI, custom 3" QUIET exhaust with cats, tow hooks,
oil cooler, aluminum radiator, under factory warranty, ready for the track

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think the car you are speaking of was sold for over 34k just recently and you forgot some parts like the brake ducts, long tube headers, CAI, tune for 93 or e85, and the cool looking color changing temp gauges that monitor oil and trans temps which also had oil coolers installed. I guess they also removed the carbon fiber hood cause I remember seeing an Anderson Composites hood on the car in addition to the PP2 splitter and fully belly pan.
Sure this is the car however it was 10 sec faster long before the Headers+CAI+Tune. Most of the things added didn't helped the car as much as just wheels+305/30 tires (probably the reason why GT350 and PP2 have this size),Coilovers and Sway Bars. They have a new car with LS motor that have the carbon hood as the new owner of the red car didn't want it.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Fyi
The guy driving with 4 285mm in the car for 7hrs to southcal is me lol

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Q500 Mustang SCCA Time Trials at Palm Beach International Raceway -->

This red 2018 Mustang GT always loves to turn heads at these racing events. The fact of the matter is, Glen continues to impress given the fact it truly isn’t that modified in comparison to a stock car. With the right combination of Steeda suspension parts, this N/A street car can keep up with many other race-focused cars. Glen was able to take 1st in the SCCA TTO class throughout the course of the weekend! Between the new McLeod RXT Clutch Kit and super lightweight Apex EC-7 wheels wrapped in sticky Nitto NT01 tires, this car scoots! Check out the video for yourself!

Project Car Build Info --> https://www.steeda.com/steeda-2018-q500-hpde-car

Last edited:

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
After running a number of events over the last couple of years at PBIR, I have to say that car goes. It’s very impressive when you see Glen passing high end sports cars that are lighter and have more horsepower. Brian from Steeda is always great to talk with at the track...he is always open about their set-up and willing to share what they are up to
Sponsored