Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The spoiler comes with instructions but they are in black and white and may need some additional interpretation so I documented my install. Note that I skipped steps 1-6 of the install guide because I didn't have a spoiler already installed. Maybe someone who does steps 1-6 can add to this thread for those.

Here are all the "tools" I needed for the install. If you don't have them already you'll need a cutting tool, a caulk gun, painter's tape, shop towels and isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

Step 7 Clean. I put some rubbing alcohol on a shop towel and lightly cleaned the top of the trunk.

Step 8 Pre-mount. I eyeballed the two ends and made sure they both followed the natural line of the car as in this picture.

Step 9 Eyeball the Center. I stepped back, to the side, etc of the car to make sure the spoiler looked centered, then I taped it down when it looked close enough but I could still play with it a little.

Step 10 Mark with the grease pencil. NOTE: DO NOT GET GREASE PENCIL ON THE SATIN FINISH. Don't worry, if you do, it will come off, just wipe it off before you do step 11, it will be much easier while the spoiler is off the car. EDIT: If you do get grease pencil on the spoiler a little goo gone gel takes it right off pretty easily. I made sure and marked at the corners, along the "front" and the two "bumps" on the back of the spoiler that "hook" onto the lip of the trunk.

Step 11 Cut and Peel the tape. I first completely removed the backing from the sides. Then I partially removed, about 3 inches, of the backing from each corner toward the middle. Then I made two small cuts in the middle of the backing and peeled about 3 inches of the backing from the middle. Then I taped the backing to the spoiler to get it out of the way. Should look like this.

Step 12 Apply the Sealant Goop. Cut the bead size for 1/4" off the tip of the sealant container. My continer also had a pop can tab that had to be removed on the bottom of the container. Then put the container in your caulk gun and apply the sealant in a 1/4" bead all the way around the bottom of the spoiler in the groove provided. I even applied some extra in the middle because I was paranoid. Even doing this I still only used 3/4 of the container so don't worry about running out. When done it should look like this. (My sealant was black)

Step 13 Place. Ok, take a few deep breaths and get ready to flip the spoiler over and place it on the trunk. Use your grease pencil marks on the trunk as your guide and slowly place the spoiler down on the trunk. I mostlly used the corner marks on each side as my guide and then made sure the front of the spoiler was on my front grease pencil line. As soon as you set it down the sealant will tack and stick pretty good. Note that your backing should still be exposed at this point and should look like this.

Step 14 Remove the Tape Backing. Just peel carefully and peel from the inside to the outside of the spoiler like the provided instructions show. The front will be a little easier than the rear of the spoiler.

Step 15 Press. Walk along the spoiler back and forth pressing down evenly with your palm flat on the flat part of the spoiler. Press straight down. The trunk will actually give a little bit and move down a little so you know you're applying a good amount of pressure. The instructions say 10-50 N/cm squared but I don't know what the hell that means so I just pressed down hard as a mother.

Step 16 Clean the Grease Pencil Marks. So I used the shop towel and cleaned the grease pencil off the trunk and it came off fairly easily. At this point if you got grease pencil on the satin finish and didn't take it off already you will hate life. It will come off but now the spoiler lip is so tight against the trunk its very difficult to get a towel down in there.

INSTALLED PART:
Ok Ok, It got dark, I'll post some better installed pictures later.

Start to Finish it took and hour and 20 minutes and that included about 20 minutes of trying to get grease pencil off the spoiler so minus that it should take about an hour, which as far as spoiler installs go I think is pretty dang fast. The no drilling part definately helps.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for writing this up. WOW!!!

2L8IWON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Any daytime shots or profiles?

Looks good

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Looks awesome. Steeda did a great job on this one :cool:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Here are my pictures of this spoiler on my Ingot. Steeda absolutely knocked this one out of the park, without question. It just adds soooooooooooo much to the looks of the car and blends so perfect with the lines of the S550.

The installation was a piece of cake, too. My buddy helped me do mine. We did not use the grease pencil but used tape to mark 6 spots on the deck lid to get things to align perfectly. We put a lot of pressure after placing the spoiler on the deck lid and just worked the pressure around the edges and top. This spoiler is very solid feeling, too. It is on the deck lid for good:D
qseries1.jpg
qseries2.jpg
qseries3.jpg
qseries4.jpg
qseries5.jpg
qseries6.jpg

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Is the sealant there just to prevent water/moisture from entering. I ask because i love the idea of a no drill spoiler incase in the future i change my mind or something else comes out. And the sealant can it come up without marring/discoloring the paint after install.

Thanks, really considering this

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Is the sealant there just to prevent water/moisture from entering. I ask because i love the idea of a no drill spoiler incase in the future i change my mind or something else comes out. And the sealant can it come up without marring/discoloring the paint after install.

Thanks, really considering this
My understanding is that it's there as an extra measure to hold the spoiler in place, although I can see it helping with the other things you mentioned.
Sponsored