Sponsored

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Good Afternoon fellow Mustang6G'ers!

So it's been a good week since installing my new Steeda Cold Air Intake, coupled with the SCT X4 tuning device, and it's time for a review, for those who were considering this!

It all started one night when the package arrived at my door:

And so the installation started on a Friday night:

Installation was fairly straight-forward and detailed instructions were provided with the package. It actually took me about 2 hours but this was my first time installing a Cold Air Intake, but for someone experienced I'm sure they could of tackled this task in less than an hour.

I then went ahead and contacted Steeda Tuning for them to create my custom tune (they create the best tune based on your current mods, type of Octane gas you use, etc), and a few days later Matt from Steeda provided me with my custom tune files.

Then the fun begins!! Time for the tune:

Once the device told me everything was completed I unplugged the device and turned on my car, it was time to enjoy the new tune :cheers: I felt and noticed the torque increase immediately and the car just feels much more snappier and faster overall. My car is 100% stock except for the intake and a muffler delete and I still felt the performance increase. Needless to say I'm a very happy camper, thank you Steeda and SCT!!

Conclusion: I would highly recommend this intake and tuner combination. Certainly a must-have "mod". The gains are definitely noticeable even with my stock car and it's well worth the money. David@Steeda, Matt and Patrick at Steeda have been EXTREMELY helpful and answered all of my questions/concerns before I bought this. And Matt was quick to send me my custom tune :)

My car is now at: 415.69 rwhp and 376.85 ft lbs tq.

For those interested I'd recommend getting the Steeda Ultimate Induction Pack, which includes the intake and tuner for a total of $709.95. http://www.steeda.com/steeda-ultimate-induction-pack-manual-2015-gt-555-3202/

Keep up the great work Steeda! I also have their sway bars and they definitely improve handling with the new Mustang's. In addition I just bought steeda's new Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter too, haven't gotten the time to install it yet - but when I do, I'll be sure to keep all of you guys updated!
Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Awesome man, nice write up....I'm trying to decide on which tune to go with, you hear so many different things it's a tough decision....enjoy it. :thumbsup:

So it's been a good week since installing my new Steeda Cold Air Intake, coupled with the SCT X4 tuning device, and it's time for a review, for those who were considering this!

Installation was fairly straight-forward and detailed instructions were provided with the package. It actually took me about 2 hours but this was my first time installing a Cold Air Intake, but for someone experienced I'm sure they could of tackled this task in less than an hour.

I then went ahead and contacted Steeda Tuning for them to create my custom tune (they create the best tune based on your current mods, type of Octane gas you use, etc), and a few days later Matt from Steeda provided me with my custom tune files.

Once the device told me everything was completed I unplugged the device and turned on my car, it was time to enjoy the new tune :cheers: I felt and noticed the torque increase immediately and the car just feels much more snappier and faster overall. My car is 100% stock except for the intake and a muffler delete and I still felt the performance increase. Needless to say I'm a very happy camper, thank you Steeda and SCT!!

Conclusion: I would highly recommend this intake and tuner combination. Certainly a must-have "mod". The gains are definitely noticeable even with my stock car and it's well worth the money. David@Steeda, Matt and Patrick at Steeda have been EXTREMELY helpful and answered all of my questions/concerns before I bought this. And Matt was quick to send me my custom tune :)

For those interested I'd recommend getting the Steeda Ultimate Induction Pack, which includes the intake and tuner for a total of $709.95. http://www.steeda.com/steeda-ultimate-induction-pack-manual-2015-gt-555-3202/

Keep up the great work Steeda! I also have their sway bars and they definitely improve handling with the new Mustang's. In addition I just bought steeda's new Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter too, haven't gotten the time to install it yet - but when I do, I'll be sure to keep all of you guys updated!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Thanks so much for the review! Glad you're enjoying it!! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red