Sponsored

Steeda pro action shock adjustable' s. what settings street strip?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys wanted to get an idea of how many adjustment turns you run on your steeda pro-action adjustable shocks and struts at. I was on full soft for a while and i decided to start messing around with them by setting them to 1-1/4 turns up.I was really surprised at how much difference it made. Now i'm looking to dial them in precisely. I have steeda sport linear springs...
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Full loose front. 1/4 turn from soft rear. That's what we set the record holder Silver Bullet at.

Steeda Tech

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just put these on my car with the sport linears.

Can you help me understand how the different settings will impact the driver feel first off, and also the aggressive performance driving properties?

Full soft is all the way clockwise, correct?

The videos and the documentation I saw recommended starting at one full turn from full soft. That's where I have them now.

Thanks anyone for any insight on this.

Dan

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I just put these on my car with the sport linears.

Can you help me understand how the different settings will impact the driver feel first off, and also the aggressive performance driving properties?

Full soft is all the way clockwise, correct?

The videos and the documentation I saw recommended starting at one full turn from full soft. That's where I have them now.

Thanks anyone for any insight on this.

Dan
Full soft is all the way clock wise. Start off with full soft with your set up., As you turn counter clockwise you firm up or put more control on rebound. When you want more control you can turn a quarter of a turn from full soft at a time.
Steeda Tech

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Full loose front. 1/4 turn from soft rear. That's what we set the record holder Silver Bullet at.

Steeda Tech
is this recommended in Positive Displacement SC cars?

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Chad,

Shoot me your email address & contact info to [email protected] - our tech, Jaime can speak to you about your set-up & possible Coilover recommendation.

Have a great night.

TJ

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Reviving this instead of starting new. Car is a 6 speed, pp1, roush phase 2, mainly street driven, do Friday night fun runs at the drag strip. Will be getting steeda drag springs and pro action adjustables soon. Any recommendations on where to start with my set up or links to good tuning guides?

RAVAGE88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium, '19 HD FLHT, '08 Piper Saratoga
I purposely started a bit tight on mine and after getting a feel for the difference over stock, I’ve started loosening things up. Total turns out is one and quarter, so I started at half that front and rear. I’m down to quarter turn out front and rear and will likely end at full loose in the front and quarter turn out in the rear. I’ll run this for street and track.

MB

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I run mine 3/4 turn out from CLOSED - it's the only correct way to measure
This is for DD on steeda dual-rate springs.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I run mine 3/4 turn out from CLOSED - it's the only correct way to measure
This is for DD on steeda dual-rate springs.
By closed, do you mean full soft?

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This method should work for finding good damping settings on the street:

1. Set front and rear all the way soft (easier to feel when creeping up on a good setting this way)
2. Find a country road with combo of straights, bumps and curves. Doesn't need to be more than a couple miles long.
3. Pack a jack in the car so you can raise up the rear to get to the top adjuster on the rear shocks and go for a cruise down this country road.
4. Feel how the damping is controlling the suspension and chassis. Just drive normal speeds and focus on what the suspension is doing instead of how fast you think you can take turns.
5. At full soft there probably isn't much 'control' of the suspension and chassis.

Until you start making adjustments you probably won't feel what I'm getting at.

6. Turn all four shocks up a 1/4 turn from soft and repeat the cruise. Feel a difference?
7. Turn all four up another 1/4 turn (1/2 turn total now). Repeat the cruise. Feel a difference yet?
8. Hopefully by this point you can feel the shock settings making a difference in the amount of control they are having with the way the car responds to bumps and your inputs.

9. Repeat step 7 if you are still not feeling much of a change at 1/2 turn up from soft.

Now things get tricky and the settings for the front struts and rear shocks might diverge. Rebound too soft is when the ride is too cushy over bumps and the car is lazy to respond to steering inputs. Rebound too firm is when the ride becomes harsh over bumps and the car could be overly responsive to inputs (hard to tell this aspect with normal street driving though).

10. Does one end of the car feel softer than the other end? If the front feels softer, or underdamped, compared to the rear then adjust the front only up 1/4 turn. Repeat the cruise.

Or the rear shocks if the rear suspension feels underdamped compared to the front end.

11. Keep adjusting up 1/4 turn and making a test drive until the ride gets harsh. Once you feel a harsh ride go back a 1/4 turn and you are now set.

What's happening to create a harsh ride through shocks that are too stiff is the suspension is not able to recover from one bump before hitting the next. The shocks are too firm to allow the suspension to cycle properly.

12. Record the settings for future reference.

Sorry if this sounds like a lot of work but it isn't bad once you get the hang of it. This method also works no matter what springs are on the car. Although, the settings for one set of springs may be different than another setup.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa, Bro, why would we want that?
I did not say you run it full closed, only that all your adjustments are referenced from full closed. Fully open is a non deterministic and useless as a constant.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Ya, ya, ya..., but what fun is introducing *consistency* to this whole thing? That takes all the sport out of it! I say we just spin each knob at random.
Sponsored