FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda, I have 17 ecoboost mustang, with GT350 spoiler, and 2-3 lbs of dynamat if I had to guess on the trunk led area. Will the strut have the strength to do what is shown? or is it just barely strong enough to lift a spoiler. I would like to buy one.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
A set is under $100 so no free shipping - but, I also need some new hood struts, so maybe I'll place an order for both, free shipping, I'll get mine by Tuesday.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
A set is under $100 so no free shipping - but, I also need some new hood struts, so maybe I'll place an order for both, free shipping, I'll get mine by Tuesday.
The Steeda branded hood struts are awesome. I put them on my car in less than 10 minutes and you only need to raise the hood about a foot then the struts take it on up.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
MMD-V spoiler here. Went with the "heavy" option. Works perfectly. You do have to "mean it" when you close the trunk. With good form you can get some triceps press-down reps in.

It is great when your hands are full with cheap tools from Harbor Freight.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Question: Is it "that much" easier to use one hand to reach into a pocket to press the remote button on the key fob than it is to use one hand to push the trunk release button located above the license plate and then raise the trunk lid?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
MMD-V spoiler here. Went with the "heavy" option. Works perfectly. You do have to "mean it" when you close the trunk. With good form you can get some triceps press-down reps in.

It is great when your hands are full with cheap tools from Harbor Freight.
Dude, nice. I'd imagine the MMD-V (as I remember it, I had one) is in the area of 5-7lbs? This GT350 might be a 1-1.5 lbs heavier.

Question: Is it "that much" easier to use one hand to reach into a pocket to press the remote button on the key fob than it is to use one hand to push the trunk release button located above the license plate and then raise the trunk lid?
Answer: It's more to do with not having to paw on the rear panel - and with some wings (and/or sound deadening material, etc.), the trunk __barely__ even pops up.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Dude, nice. I'd imagine the MMD-V (as I remember it, I had one) is in the area of 5-7lbs? This GT350 might be a 1-1.5 lbs heavier.

Answer: It's more to do with not having to paw on the rear panel - and with some wings (and/or sound deadening material, etc.), the trunk __barely__ even pops up.
OK that makes sense. My previous 15 GT PP and current 18 GT PP are stock with no more than the stock 18 PP "wing" so no issue with trunk lid weight. Pawing for the rear panel button is easier for me than digging in my pocket which also has other keys. :)

Thanks

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK that makes sense. My previous 15 GT PP and current 18 GT PP are stock with no more than the stock 18 PP "wing" so no issue with trunk lid weight. Pawing for the rear panel button is easier for me than digging in my pocket which also has other keys. :)

Thanks
Well, plus with this, you can put a big rock on the trunk, push the button and lay siege to a castle!

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
I keep my fob in my watch pocket, so no fumbling, or even reaching in the pocket for that matter. You push the button from outside your pocket through your pants.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Mine arrives tomorrow. I will post results, mine will be a different thing due to wing and a few extra pounds of sound deadener, I may remove some of it if it’s too heavy for struts

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Mine arrives tomorrow. I will post results, mine will be a different thing due to wing and a few extra pounds of sound deadener, I may remove some of it if it’s too heavy for struts
I don't think the struts are going to have any trouble, assuming you ordered the heavy wing model.
Sponsored