Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

Steeda is happy to announce the release of our Mustang Trunk Pop Kit - here.

Only $69.95!

Get rid of the frustration of trying to open up the trunk when you hands are full with the Steeda trunk pop kit. The trunk pop kit allows you to open your trunk with the push of a button. A great and practical modification for any Mustang, especially the daily drivers.

Easy Access to Storage. Trying to balance groceries or boxes while you try to open your trunk is a headache. You risk dropping items or scratching and damaging the paint on your Mustang. With the Steeda trunk pop kit, these issues and worries are resolved. Simply press the trunk button on your key fob and your trunk will open on its own, allowing you to store items with ease.
Simple Installation. No worries about installation, the trunk pop kit can be installed at home in under an hour.
Benefits:
  • Easy access to trunk space.
  • Install at home.
  • Sturdy construction.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Hello All:

Steeda is happy to announce the release of our Mustang Trunk Pop Kit - here.

Only $69.95!

Get rid of the frustration of trying to open up the trunk when you hands are full with the Steeda trunk pop kit. The trunk pop kit allows you to open your trunk with the push of a button. A great and practical modification for any Mustang, especially the daily drivers.

Easy Access to Storage. Trying to balance groceries or boxes while you try to open your trunk is a headache. You risk dropping items or scratching and damaging the paint on your Mustang. With the Steeda trunk pop kit, these issues and worries are resolved. Simply press the trunk button on your key fob and your trunk will open on its own, allowing you to store items with ease.
Simple Installation. No worries about installation, the trunk pop kit can be installed at home in under an hour.
Benefits:
  • Easy access to trunk space.
  • Install at home.
  • Sturdy construction.
I see there are two different options, either a big wing, or a small/no wing trunk lid. I would assume the difference is the strength of the spring, a stronger spring to open a heavier lid, but, you know what they say about assumptions. Any other differences?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I see there are two different options, either a big wing, or a small/no wing trunk lid. I would assume the difference is the strength of the spring, a stronger spring to open a heavier lid, but, you know what they say about assumptions. Any other differences?
I'd also like to know if there's a weight range for the wing option, so we'd know if we're going to get proper operation. This is from the install PDF (underline by me):

NOTE: Closing the decklid will require slightly more force. Varying temperatures and different wing and spoiler packages may alter the desired results.

I didn't weigh my BMC wing, but I just looked at the original shipping info, and it was 9.8 lbs, so a large box, some packaging, maybe 2 lbs? So probably about a 7-8-ish pound wing[?]

This is amazing and a great idea! Now if someone can just create a solution to close the lid without putting finger prints and small scratches on the piano black trim...
There's a couple of options, you can close the trunk by pulling down on the corner of the trunk itself (vs. the rear trim panel). Also, some folks - and I am going to do this too, just haven't gotten around to it yet - add a nylon pull strap inside, mounted to one of the holes used by the plastic push pins (that holds the liner).

I hear you though, my '19 car was a mint pre-owned with 4K miles, but the trunk panel looked like it came off a 50K mile '15 (I replaced it with a Ford Perf blank panel :) )

@tj@steeda

So maybe some weight allowance for proper operation? Also, since it's a stronger strut, does that mean you really have to lean into it? Or would one of the pull down type solutions still work?

Right now, my trunk is super easy to close with the extra weight - I just have to pull it about a foot and it drops the rest of the way. I'd hate to make opening much better, but at the cost of having to sit on the trunk to get it closed ... :giggle:

I'd love to try these, but also don't want to spend $70 for something that won't work for me, so is there a money back guarantee?

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This is awesome.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, that is the only difference. If you have a wing, order the one for the wing.

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let m
I'd also like to know if there's a weight range for the wing option, so we'd know if we're going to get proper operation. This is from the install PDF (underline by me):

NOTE: Closing the decklid will require slightly more force. Varying temperatures and different wing and spoiler packages may alter the desired results.

I didn't weigh my BMC wing, but I just looked at the original shipping info, and it was 9.8 lbs, so a large box, some packaging, maybe 2 lbs? So probably about a 7-8-ish pound wing[?]

There's a couple of options, you can close the trunk by pulling down on the corner of the trunk itself (vs. the rear trim panel). Also, some folks - and I am going to do this too, just haven't gotten around to it yet - add a nylon pull strap inside, mounted to one of the holes used by the plastic push pins (that holds the liner).

I hear you though, my '19 car was a mint pre-owned with 4K miles, but the trunk panel looked like it came off a 50K mile '15 (I replaced it with a Ford Perf blank panel :) )

@tj@steeda

So maybe some weight allowance for proper operation? Also, since it's a stronger strut, does that mean you really have to lean into it? Or would one of the pull down type solutions still work?

Right now, my trunk is super easy to close with the extra weight - I just have to pull it about a foot and it drops the rest of the way. I'd hate to make opening much better, but at the cost of having to sit on the trunk to get it closed ... :giggle:

I'd love to try these, but also don't want to spend $70 for something that won't work for me, so is there a money back guarantee?
Let me look into the R & D that was done with this product - I don't have all the answers for you.

TJ

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
When you use the trunk release button on the car will it open the same way? Or only when using the fob?

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When you use the trunk release button on the car will it open the same way? Or only when using the fob?
Yeah, it should work the same way regardless if you open it with the key fob, interior button or bumper button as it replaces the struts that open the trunk.

TJ

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Following.

interested in the force required to close it.

I have gt350 spoiler on my 17 eb, I have another couple pounds though from dynamat on the deck lid.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
THANK YOU!
Ever since I got my wing from cervinis the trunk barely opens when I push the button. Once I even had it fall on me. Already ordered.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, it should work the same way regardless if you open it with the key fob, interior button or bumper button as it replaces the struts that open the trunk.

TJ
Yeah, open is open, in fact, it should work the same way with the interior trunk release button.

Man some of you guys really overthink things. And make things overly complex.
Well, I think some of us are just trying to confirm it will work as designed with our setup. I mean, wouldn't it stink to order, install, open the trunk and *click* it doesn't spring open? Then you've got to reverse the install, send them back, Steeda has to deal with restocking an item that's technically used, etc.

THANK YOU!
Ever since I got my wing from cervinis the trunk barely opens when I push the button. Once I even had it fall on me. Already ordered.
Any idea about the weight of your wing? I almost pulled the trigger too, but wanted some feedback on how hard it is to close. I want to add a pull strap to close the trunk, avoid scratches on the black panel (just replaced it).

Hell, I may just order too ...