Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Nice review Must_Tang. For those that have installed a bunch of stuff at the same time it is good to see a review of an individual mod. Glad you like the Pro-Actions.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks. I am happy with the stock spring rate and ride height. It's my DD.

These cars do look fantastic lowered!! But I don't think that solution would work for me (yet).

I do a few HPDE's throughout the summer months and am not looking for hard laptime increases. Just want to to drive in anger and have fun!
I hear you on not wanting to lower too much. I really like the Steeda Linear Sports. Provide a very modest drop and a noticeable but modest increase in rate. I daily the car and am quite happy with the spring and Pro-Action combo. Something to think about.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That's great to hear Must_Tang! It's a great feeling to have the suspension dialed in providing the performance you want and ride quality so you still enjoy driving it!

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
That's great to hear Must_Tang! It's a great feeling to have the suspension dialed in providing the performance you want and ride quality so you still enjoy driving it!
It's always a balancing act, isn't it? You want the car to handle great, but you still have to get to work, go to the store, etc.

Now, if this were a dedicated track car....

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
To recap, I've installed the non-adjustable Pro Actions on a non-PP suspension Mustang GT.

A step back here - the base GT suspension was good. I believe it met the requirement for a comfortable touring car. Non-jarring, smooth ride, quiet. It did lean on track days and it did wiggle, and boy did it squat under acceleration. But I have to give Ford credit on the tuning.

The next mod I did was the BMR CB005. Good mod, very worth it. Tightened up the lateral wiggle I was feeling, but brought to the forefront the soft dampers. And, yes, the CB005 does add NVH. You do indeed hear more road noise, and can feel road imperfections more. Think driving on feathered tires from a car that has toe issues; that is what you hear with the CB005. Do note that this should not prevent you from installing the CB005 - it is a great, well designed and engineered mod!!!!

Then the Pro-Actions. Very good body control, even with the base GT springs. I was concerned about this setup being overdamped, but so far the car has not been hopping around on the road.

Ride quality is stiffer, but to my backside, not overly so. It slows down the roll transition for sure. The car now feels planted and taut. The squat under heavy, sudden acceleration is gone. I cannot comment on road course performance as I have not been to a track day with this new setup yet, but I think it will work well.

I'm very happy that I did not go with the lowering springs at this point in time. I think that with less travel and stiffer rates, it would really make this a none daily driver...for me. Everybody has a different tolerance for this stuff though.

Very pleased with them!
Thank you for the overview. I have non-adjustable pro-action shocks and struts + progressive steeda springs waiting to be installed on my new GT once it's built.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the overview. I have non-adjustable pro-action shocks and struts + progressive steeda springs waiting to be installed on my new GT once it's built.
Would love to hear your feedback once you get them loaded ... you will not be disappointed!

TJ

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Hello.

Looking to upgrade my GT PP suspension. I am looking at the steeda progressive springs with the fixed valve pro action shocks.

Personally I come out of a G35 coupe with tokico blues and tein stech, 325/263 F/R springs. The stock suspension feels REALLY mushy on the pitch when I'm braking or taking off, but the roll is improved. Given that information I think I could tolerate something a little stiff.

So I'm trying to decide if I would be satisfied with steeda progressive and fixed pro action shocks, or I would go with the steeda full coilover setup.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hello.

Looking to upgrade my GT PP suspension. I am looking at the steeda progressive springs with the fixed valve pro action shocks.

Personally I come out of a G35 coupe with tokico blues and tein stech, 325/263 F/R springs. The stock suspension feels REALLY mushy on the pitch when I'm braking or taking off, but the roll is improved. Given that information I think I could tolerate something a little stiff.

So I'm trying to decide if I would be satisfied with steeda progressive and fixed pro action shocks, or I would go with the steeda full coilover setup.
Are you planning on tracking the car "regularly" and/or "aggressively"? If not and the car is going to be a street car maybe with spirited runs through the mountains or whatever... then Steeda Progressives and the fixed shocks are going to be a great choice. If you want to spring for the coilover adjustability to a purpose, then go for that - but that's height and rebound adjustment on top of spring rate variables that you need to think about and work on to make things right. The Steeda progressives (with or without the shocks) are proven as a kick ass upgrade.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
I would race occasionally, but I'm not seriously into competing.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't mean race. HPDE is not a race. Neither really is Time Trials in the truest sense. I just mean tracking and going for the best time. I guess really whichever option tickles you the most is what you should go with but sounds TO ME like you'd be happy with the progressive/shock setup. If you are truly RACING then I'd be talking about the Dual Rate Comp springs and adjustable dampers or similarly high rate springs on the coilovers.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The Steeda Sport Linears are a good choice as well. Somewhere in between the progressives and the dual rate racing springs I'd guess.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Great combo that I've had myself is Swift Spec R springs and the Steeda dampers.

Place all of your finger tips to your lips and go *MWAAAAHH* because that's how good that combo is for someone who wants a linear spring, tracks the car but also daily drives. IMHO...

The Steeda Progressives are the bees knees if you want to emphasize a more comfortable "grand touring" ride, although I've seen/heard people love them on a road course and I know a few people who do very well at drag strips with these. But if you want a similar "slight added rake" drop as the Progressives (which the Sport Linear springs don't necessarily offer in favor of an even drop which many prefer), Swift Spec R springs will give you that stiffer front end feel (thanks to a stiffer spring rate) that you seem to want and the Steeda dampers will make the car primo compliant. Fixed dampers will be just fine with those springs, too. Personally I would not want to run Swift's springs on PP dampers given the front spring rate but the Progressives you can easily run on non-PP or PP dampers with great compliance.

BTW, when I say "track" I mean a road course, not a drag strip. So when I was talking about you "racing" maybe you were referring to drag racing not road course racing. My bad... just realized I could have mixed that up. Obviously I'm a wee bit road course oriented.