Sponsored

Steeda Magneride Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
I installed these today on my GT350. I also installed Steeda Camber Plates, Rear Camber Adjustment Kit, as well as the Delrin IRS Subframe Alignment kit.

I haven't driven it yet as I won't be getting my wheel alignment until next Saturday. I track this car about 6 times a year. I am hoping for improvement on turn in. Any Comments would be welcome.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not have side pics. I am not all that interested in ride height or looks. I was hoping someone could give feedback on how these springs have affected handling. The factory installs a linear rate spring and with the research I have done, a dual rate spring does a better job at controlling body roll in cornering. I am hoping this change does not have a negative affect on the handling.

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
My cousin installed the steeda magneride springs, steeds front k member support, steeds camber plates, and steeda rear IRS supports and did not pick up any time at the track. He did not get a professional alignment yet so this could help but he adjusted the camber to the max. Hopefully you pick up some time. The change of tires from stock Pilot Sport tires to the Pilot sport cup 2 tire picked up 4-5 seconds consistently. This was around a 2.7 mile Track.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My cousin installed the steeda magneride springs, steeds front k member support, steeds camber plates, and steeda rear IRS supports and did not pick up any time at the track. He did not get a professional alignment yet so this could help but he adjusted the camber to the max. Hopefully you pick up some time. The change of tires from stock Pilot Sport tires to the Pilot sport cup 2 tire picked up 4-5 seconds consistently. This was around a 2.7 mile Track.
This is god to know. I appreciate the feedback. I would love to move to the Cup2, thing is I do not trailer my car to the track. Do the Cup 2's wear well enough for street use ?

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
Cup 2 tires will last about 4 Track days for front tires and 6-7 Track days for the rear tires. I have 2700 Miles on my R and 3 Track days and the fronts will probably last one more Track day. The street doesn’t seem to wear them too bad but they wear much faster at the track compared to the Pilot sport tire. The one bad thing about them on the street is they pick up every rock/stone. I had to put expel in front of rear tires to not sand blast the paint off. I would suggest a track and street set of wheels/tires. Pilot sport for the street and cup 2 for the Track. I’m planning on buying another set of wheels to mount Pilot sport tires and run this set up on the street.

OP
OP

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cup 2 tires will last about 4 Track days for front tires and 6-7 Track days for the rear tires. I have 2700 Miles on my R and 3 Track days and the fronts will probably last one more Track day. The street doesn’t seem to wear them too bad but they wear much faster at the track compared to the Pilot sport tire. The one bad thing about them on the street is they pick up every rock/stone. I had to put expel in front of rear tires to not sand blast the paint off. I would suggest a track and street set of wheels/tires. Pilot sport for the street and cup 2 for the Track. I’m planning on buying another set of wheels to mount Pilot sport tires and run this set up on the street.

I can't fault your logic of having two different sets of wheels. However it faults my wallet.....LOL
Sponsored