Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
LRCA bearings are an odd choice cor a street car when you can get most of the results from bolt on braces and smaller more outboard parts replacements which require less labor. Spherical bearings also don’t last forever.

I only did mine because I had torn through the rubber on a stock bushing so at least one had to go anyway. The bearings have nocticeable less wheel hop than a torn rubber bushing of the same size :p.
I disagree with this vehemently, because the toe change under heavy acceleration/deceleration is extreme and comes 90% from the forward RLCA pivot point. On PP cars, the aft pivot is already a spherical, so only the big one needs to be done. Going from a lot of toe change to almost none makes the car much more predictable on/off throttle in the corners in my experience. This is a PITA mod that I wish I had done much sooner.
Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
should be the first suspension mod on the rear end before anything else.

sounds like im the minority here but spent less then 5 or 10 minutes on each arm/bearing iirc. after removed from the car of course. use sawzall and cut the rubber/center sleeve out of the old bushing. clamp arm in vice and use sawzall to cut outer sleeve. do this in 2 spots roughly 180 degrees apart. use flathead and hammer to bend edges on outer sleeve around the cuts in. At this point the large ball joint press from autozone works perfect with impact or cordless impact. just need a socket or seal press tool to get the right diameter on the sleeve.

when making the cuts in the outer sleeve, let the blade do the work, no need to put pressure and try and hog it out. dont even need to get all the way through it.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree with this vehemently, because the toe change under heavy acceleration/deceleration is extreme and comes 90% from the forward RLCA pivot point. On PP cars, the aft pivot is already a spherical, so only the big one needs to be done. Going from a lot of toe change to almost none makes the car much more predictable on/off throttle in the corners in my experience. This is a PITA mod that I wish I had done much sooner.
I agree, just trying to explain why steeda or whoever didn’t recommend this for a street only car. Its a painful install and most people only notice the wheel hop.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I just bought a set of LCAs from Parts Farm and took it to a shop to press it out that way no downtime and less installation time. I paid $90( set of arms) plus bearing removal cost for the convenience. Could've sold the ones I took off the car to get some of the money back but I passed it to someone who was doing the same and they passed it to someone to the bearings as well. Just inspected it before you put it on your car.
Sponsored