Steeda Lateral and Tension Links and CC plates

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I'm going to be installing some BMR minimum drop springs.

Will I need the camber plates and links with these springs.
I understand anything would be better than stock, but I won't have any tire issues or steering issues without them?

I do plan on getting them eventually.

Thanks
Steven
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
If you plan on getting the camber plates eventually, just buy them now so you don’t have to take everything apart twice.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You won't need them with the min drop springs, but I agree with moffetts above, if you plan on them anyway, just wait and do it all together. Saves on labor time and alignment money.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
No I don't think so. Pick up some BMR camber bolts for $20 and that will give you room to adjust your front. Stock rear camber is already adjustable from factory. Should be no issues with steering, etc. with those springs no.

-1.5 camber front (degrees)
-1.3 rear
0.05 toe per side front
0.12 toe per side rear
Thrust angle - 0.00
Steer ahead - 0.00

This would be a good alignment spec for street. If you want a little more for cornering, increase each camber setting an extra 0.2-0.3 to the negative.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
No I don't think so. Pick up some BMR camber bolts for $20 and that will give you room to adjust your front. Stock rear camber is already adjustable from factory. Should be no issues with steering, etc. with those springs no.

-1.5 camber front (degrees)
-1.3 rear
0.05 toe per side front
0.12 toe per side rear
Thrust angle - 0.00
Steer ahead - 0.00

This would be a good alignment spec for street. If you want a little more for cornering, increase each camber setting an extra 0.2-0.3 to the negative.
Awesome. Thanks for the specs.

You think the camber might be too negative without using the bolts?

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Awesome. Thanks for the specs.

You think the camber might be too negative without using the bolts?
Hard to say, probably not though. But the camber is not adjustable from factory and even out of the factory could have a wonky alignment. Plus things can move around over time in driving. I only suggested the bolts so you can dial it and even it out but up to you.

Edit: what they said above is true though. It would save you some in labor doing the CC plates now if you are absolutely are going to do the lateral links eventually. For me though with just those springs and nothing else... if anything do bolts and that's it.

The lateral links will require a bumpsteer kit and the whole thing. Best to leave all that for later. And tbh I'm not sure the lateral links are worth it for you for the springs you are going to be using.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I've read most people don't need the CC plates unless you want to fine tune the camber and castor.
I don't plan on doing any auto x events, but I don't like doing anything half ass. lol.

I just realized I bought the Ford Performance strut mounts since to go with the new PP struts because I needed the upper bushings. So I guess getting camber plates wouldn't be a good idea now. lol

Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored