torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

For track aficionados, did you install the Steeda front k-brace, and did it do any good at all ?
I am asking as I had their previous front brace, straight one on my GT350 track pack, and noticed zero improvement, from tramlining to track handling, etc, after I installed it.

Many thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I take it nobody has anything good to say about it...

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Your car being a Shelby already has a lot of chassis strengthening parts so it’s not surprising that the added part benefits are so small that you can’t feel it

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hi,

For track aficionados, did you install the Steeda front k-brace, and did it do any good at all ?
I am asking as I had their previous front brace, straight one on my GT350 track pack, and noticed zero improvement, from tramlining to track handling, etc, after I installed it.

Many thanks
By K-Brace do you mean their replacement front subframe? It's not an add on piece, it's a complete replacement of the factory subframe to reduce weight.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-5061-s550-road-race-k-member

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
One of our team members just purchased a GT350 & installed the G-Trac Brace:

First part installed on the #GT350. I was surprised how much the
Steeda
G-Trac Brace helped with tramlining. Video dropping soon!

So you should have more info here shortly to get a POV from Chris who has it on his car.

TJ

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
One of our team members just purchased a GT350 & installed the G-Trac Brace:

First part installed on the #GT350. I was surprised how much the
Steeda
G-Trac Brace helped with tramlining. Video dropping soon!

So you should have more info here shortly to get a POV from Chris who has it on his car.

TJ
What is the weight saving ?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Many thanks

Of the 2 K or straight the K brace is the better deal .
The G-Trac Brace trumps both.

Just look at the design, engineering tells the story.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Of the 2 K or straight the K brace is the better deal .
The G-Trac Brace trumps both.

Just look at the design, engineering tells the story.
Sounds fabulous, except that, if the car's a GT350, the K brace doesn't fit the GT350. I have the G-Trac (straight) brace and it stiffened the car up a lot. Didn't help with tramlining (good alignment solved that) but it did take some wobble out of the front end.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
You mentioned track folks, so that limited your responses. ALso the K brace doesnt work on our cars.

I had the 2-point G-trac brace on at one point and it helped with my tramlining. I'm sure it helped with stiffening up the front end more than anything else.

I switched over to their Road Race K-member and it's lovely. Dropped some weight and kept the front end stiffness since it also came with its own 2-point G-trac brace.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Tramlining is subjective and variable because even on the same road, you’re not likely going to drive in the “exact” same spot..which means testing this reliably is impossible just by “feel”.

it comes down to two things...do you believe there’s so much suspension movement right from the factory...just going straight down a public road (I don’t)......and based on that belief, do you want to add some weight to the car?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Tramlining is subjective and variable because even on the same road, you’re not likely going to drive in the “exact” same spot..which means testing this reliably is impossible just by “feel”.

it comes down to two things...do you believe there’s so much suspension movement right from the factory...just going straight down a public road (I don’t)......and based on that belief, do you want to add some weight to the car?
Honestly I've not found tramlining that big a deal. I just correct as it happens, chalk it up as part of driving, managing the car.

Have had and still do have a car, posy, straight axel that will tramlining.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

You're right, to a point. It's not clear from your profile if you have a GT350 or not, but folks that have them and have run the GT350R spec MPSC2's will generally get a complimentary masterclass in tramlining. If changing something makes it better or worse, it's fairly easy to tell.

I've brought tramlining with MPSC2's on my GT350 (with R suspension) down to a very low level by doing a thorough and accurate alignment front and rear. Most people blame the tramlining on the front, but the rear is a big contributor too and it's extremely challenging to get the rear aligned correctly.

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Tramlining is mostly due to tires. I had both the street and track spec alignment on mine, both behave the same. As soon as I swapped the tires to Coopers for street, tramlining gone, forever.

Don't lose too much sweat on it, if it bothers you too much just get different tires.

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I did not look to see in fact that the K shaped brace is not compatible with the GT350, just realized. I suppose the only way would be the full front race K-member, which has a built in G-trac brace.
It is that brace that I had on my GT350 track pack, and made no difference (on and off the track, just from the seat of the pants so to speak); I suppose all it did is to add weight; this one:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-ultralite-2-point-g-trac-brace-555-5533.html

I was thinking of this:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-extreme-g-trac-brace-2015-555-5532.html

Thanks all, mystery solved. Keeping her stock another season (well, new tires are coming) :)
Sponsored