Steeda h pipe to magnaflow resonator?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I read that entire exhaust pressure thread and I'm amazed at the knowledge of people here. I'm looking to do Kooks long tubes on my Mach 1 but I want to hang onto the factory catback because it sounds pretty awesome. What isn't awesome is the bottleneck. I don't think without going to a full 3" catback I can pull this off. I could try doing the 3" connection pipes to something with a 3" inlet muffler but I'd need smaller outlets to mate with the stock pipes. I really like the mufflers and tips on the Mach 1 that I don't want to replace it so I may just have to live with the stock resonator. I also don't know how restrictive the stock headers are in the full OEM system vs adding catted/catless long tubes with OEM connections.
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I read that entire exhaust pressure thread and I'm amazed at the knowledge of people here. I'm looking to do Kooks long tubes on my Mach 1 but I want to hang onto the factory catback because it sounds pretty awesome. What isn't awesome is the bottleneck. I don't think without going to a full 3" catback I can pull this off. I could try doing the 3" connection pipes to something with a 3" inlet muffler but I'd need smaller outlets to mate with the stock pipes. I really like the mufflers and tips on the Mach 1 that I don't want to replace it so I may just have to live with the stock resonator. I also don't know how restrictive the stock headers are in the full OEM system vs adding catted/catless long tubes with OEM connections.
Stainless Bros. offer a 2.50” version of their Dual/Dual.
With the Kooks 3.00” connection kit it’s a breeze reducing to 2.50”.
I understand why you’d want to retain the OEM rear section. It’s 400 series SS and a beautiful fit and finish with awesome sound once the factory mid resonator is removed.
Keep in mind the GT500 piping is sized @ 2.75” or 70mm, so unless going for max power 2.50” gets the job done.

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
HAHA. The mustang knows i want to do some exhaust work and it decided to help me after a "spirited" entry on the freeway yesterday. Right after i merged on the car sounded horrible. All the gauges were reading good (oil, water, fuel, ect). Pulled over and started to look around. Car spit the h pipe right off the long tube connection pipes

Resized_20220513_184638.jpeg

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
so how did that header install go buddy ? did you run into any issues ?
i have a set kooks longtubes sitting in my basement right now , just waiting for me to install....lol

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
so how did that header install go buddy ? did you run into any issues ?
i have a set kooks longtubes sitting in my basement right now , just waiting for me to install....lol
Took me about 15 hours to do spaced over 4 afternoons after work. It wasnt really "hard" just ungodly slow of a process. I did find a trick that helped me speed up a little bit as the studs have to come out of the right side head as well (at least on 18 and up) . I just cracked the nuts loose then went at the studs. leaving the nuts on the studs.

Your going to want every combination of wrench possible. Open end, boxed, ratcheting and swivel head ratcheting. I didnt have the right socket for the studs but a 6pt 1/4 did the trick without a issue. I did have it a little bit easier when moving the headers about as i have a mid rise lift in my garage (40" or so) but it can certainly be done on taller jack stands. I also bought a engine tranverse bar from harbor frieght to help hold the engine up while i was under it. Dont do that as the bar is about a foot to short for our cars....... ended up using a floorjack with a rubber pad under my mt82 and a jackstand under it but not touching just incase.

I have one of these lifts

bendpak-mds-6lpf-home-garage-lift.jpg

20220305_191346.jpg

20220303_205432.jpg

20210714_191925.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
HAHA. The mustang knows i want to do some exhaust work and it decided to help me after a "spirited" entry on the freeway yesterday. Right after i merged on the car sounded horrible. All the gauges were reading good (oil, water, fuel, ect). Pulled over and started to look around. Car spit the h pipe right off the long tube connection pipes

Resized_20220513_184638.jpeg
Perfect time to chop out the choke connections and go size on size.
With the Kooks connect it’s a breeze to open up the mid spacing to fit in the Dual/Dual Stainless Bros. muffler.

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Perfect time to chop out the choke connections and go size on size.
With the Kooks connect it’s a breeze to open up the mid spacing to fit in the Dual/Dual Stainless Bros. muffler.
Thats what im thinking. I could order the full 3" kooks elbows and do v bands to the stInless bro dual muffler and a h pipe just in front like mike did. And go 3" at least to the end of the steeda h pipe.

Depending on what a welder would charge to cut off the 2.5" area and put a v band on it (assuming i would need a little bit of straight pipe on there too.)
Sponsored