Steeda h pipe to magnaflow resonator?

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
After the install of my catless long tubes my exhaust is a bit much for my tastes. To much rasp and a touch of drone on the factory active mufflers.

I have the steeda h pipe on it now and im thinking of adding some bottle style resonators to it or switching to the magnaflow resonator.

Does anyone know if the magnaflow resonator is the same length or longer than the h pipe making it a simple swap? Or would i need to cut/add pipe down stream?

It would be cheaper to do the magnaflow but i worry it might be to much lile stock based off reviews.
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
21424AF4-8113-4F28-B6BB-119C907CC011.jpeg
Is this the magnaflow you are talking about?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Just switched to the magnaflow myself after having a Roush x pipe on for 11 months. I was in the same boat as you with catless LTH’s and just way to much rasp. The magnaflow bolted right up in place of the x pipe and I will say the exhaust is now very tame until you open it up. Probably sounds a lot quieter to me after coming from the catless LTH’s. I do like the stealthiness of the sound but I’m losing exhaust flow which I need with my SC.

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Just switched to the magnaflow myself after having a Roush x pipe on for 11 months. I was in the same boat as you with catless LTH’s and just way to much rasp. The magnaflow bolted right up in place of the x pipe and I will say the exhaust is now very tame until you open it up. Probably sounds a lot quieter to me after coming from the catless LTH’s. I do like the stealthiness of the sound but I’m losing exhaust flow which I need with my SC.
Hmmm. Im whippled as well. Mayne i just do the bottle style resonators

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Skip the Choke-X, there’s better options.
Agreed! For me it’s just a bandaid for the moment till I pull the trigger on a full setup like you and I had talked about in the past full 3” with the stainless bros muffler. Glad you brought that company to our attention!

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, maybe i think full 3" is the way to go. Even if i go 3" to the axles for now and then finish it off later when i can. I have to pull $16k out the bank for a new driveway next month so 2 or 3 grand for a full exhaust isnt exactly on the list of priorities sadly

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I have a magnaflow 2.5” “x-resonator” I can sell if anyone is interested.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I did the same after LTH install. Removed Steeda x pipe and replaced with magnaflow tru x. I have stock active mufflers and it’s absolutely perfect. All modes work but when you get on it in track. It’s loud but perfect. But just fyi- once installed it will seem quiet but will liven up after a couple hundred miles after the packing in the resonator burns in. I couldn’t be happier with my exhaust and sound.

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
Just to calm my over thinking side going from lth with a straight through h pipe to a resonated one wouldn’t require a retune correct?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Just to calm my over thinking side going from lth with a straight through h pipe to a resonated one wouldn’t require a retune correct?
I did not retune mine when I switched…. But I am not an expert on anything let alone this subject so hopefully some one with way more knowledge will chime in.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Not at all. No tune adjustment needed/required. You can see right through the tru x as well. Just has little baffling holes and then surrounded by packing. But it’s a straight through design.
Sponsored