Sponsored

STEEDA H-PIPE RESONATOR DELETE 2021 MACH 1

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you go ahead with the install, and if so, was there a tinny sound in the cabin? i'm also interested in this specific midpipe on my Mach 1
Yes, I installed the Steeda H-pipe myself on jack stands. Big volume increase but in a good way!
Lots of pops and crackles now when decelerating.
Interior cabin noise is fine, no drone but a little more volume.
Highly recommend!
Sponsored

Techknowguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium
Add one more to the Steeda H-Pipe group!

It was my first mod. No drone and great sound. The one thing that I recommend is that you invest in better exhaust band clamps on the end that attaches to the rear mufflers. The ones that come from Steeda are not very strong and will allow your muffler/tail pipes to move and come out of alignment.

I found some on Amazon that are much more robust and they hold everything together well.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
when are all of these steeda h pipe equipped mach 1's going to get some videos posted?!

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Add one more to the Steeda H-Pipe group!

It was my first mod. No drone and great sound. The one thing that I recommend is that you invest in better exhaust band clamps on the end that attaches to the rear mufflers. The ones that come from Steeda are not very strong and will allow your muffler/tail pipes to move and come out of alignment.

I found some on Amazon that are much more robust and they hold everything together well.
Does this mod just make the exhaust louder or does it change the tone?
I've read that a H pipe makes Sports + and Track Mode become a lot louder, enough so that for everyday street driving if you want to keep the noise level at a reasonable but still noticeable level you have to use quiet mode.

Sponsored

Techknowguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium
Does this mod just make the exhaust louder or does it change the tone?
I've read that a H pipe makes Sports + and Track Mode become a lot louder, enough so that for everyday street driving if you want to keep the noise level at a reasonable but still noticeable level you have to use quiet mode.
To my ears it sounds deeper and louder, with nice snaps and crackles on over run (while downshifting).

Everyoneā€™s definition of ā€œreasonableā€ is different so thatā€™ll really be up to you.

I always drive in Sport or Sport+ unless it is super early and I donā€™t want to wake the neighbors. Thatā€™s the only time I use quiet mode. Highway driving at steady speeds in all modes is completely reasonable to me and still allows regular volume discussions with a passenger or while speaking on the phone.

Robinc464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1(ordered) 2012 Mini 2017 Lexus RX350
Definitely doing a H-pipe when my Mach gets here. I was looking at the Corsa double H-pipe that seems to be a Lethal Performance exclusive. They have it listed as fitting a 2015-2020, not sure if itā€™s because they just havenā€™t updated their website. Will this fit our Mach 1ā€™s?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Definitely doing a H-pipe when my Mach gets here. I was looking at the Corsa double H-pipe that seems to be a Lethal Performance exclusive. They have it listed as fitting a 2015-2020, not sure if itā€™s because they just havenā€™t updated their website. Will this fit our Mach 1ā€™s?
It will fit. Iā€™ve been looking at that one as well.

PeteSD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '21 GMC 1500 Sierra, '22 BMW 540ix
Was really nervous about installing this because I've had exhausts w/cabin drone and/or they got tiring after long highway drives. Bit the bullet last week and had it professionally installed. Took some fine tuning to get her in, but simple install (a couple burs needed to be smoothed on edges). Had it welded in btw. Was surprised when installer fired her up, not bad at all. In fact, I was amazed pitch was not higher, just a deeper tone now. Inside cabin, I noticed no drone and does not sound louder at all on the freeway when cruising w/windows up. Sounds much more authentic muscle car and less artificial. I also noticed the accelerator was a tad smoother and car just seems less constipated (6-speed). Losing the extra weight of the heavy resonator is noticeable. Quiet Mode seems the same. In Normal mode, I get more pops plus the loudness is elevated slightly. Sport mode really sounds sweet and is a much more pleasant sounding pitch even though its louder.. in fact I prefer it to Normal mode (have not done Track mode yet). Never thought I would be that guy who revs his engine going under a bridge, but I am now. I will say that in Normal mode w/all the windows down, it can get a little old after a lot of stop & go city driving w/buildings that can echo the noise back at you... aka: true city driving. I have found myself using Quiet Mode if this happens but it does kinda take the fun out of it. I will drive this for a while and if I want to return to a resonator, would probably put a Borla in to reduce noise just a nat hair. I will say I noticed a lil' tiny touch of smoother revs after resonator removal, so I would say its worth it.

Last edited:

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
it would appear that it fits. See StangMode's video on the install and review.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Was really nervous about installing this because I've had exhausts w/cabin drone and/or they got tiring after long highway drives. Bit the bullet last week and had it professionally installed. Took some fine tuning to get her in, but simple install (a couple burs needed to be smoothed on edges). Had it welded in btw. Was surprised when installer fired her up, not bad at all. In fact, I was amazed pitch was not higher, just a deeper tone now. Inside cabin, I noticed no drone and does not sound louder at all on the freeway when cruising w/windows up. Sounds much more authentic muscle car and less artificial. I also noticed the accelerator was a tad smoother and car just seems less constipated (6-speed). Losing the extra weight of the heavy resonator is noticeable. Quiet Mode seems the same. In Normal mode, I get more pops plus the loudness is elevated slightly. Sport mode really sounds sweet and is a much more pleasant sounding pitch even though its louder.. in fact I prefer it to Normal mode (have not done Track mode yet). Never thought I would be that guy who revs his engine going under a bridge, but I am now. I will say that in Normal mode w/all the windows down, it can get a little old after a lot of stop & go city driving w/buildings that can echo the noise back at you... aka: true city driving. I have found myself using Quiet Mode if this happens but it does kinda take the fun out of it. I will drive this for a while and if I want to return to a resonator, would probably put a Borla in to reduce noise just a nat hair. I will say I noticed a lil' tiny touch of smoother revs after resonator removal, so I would say its worth it.
No need to weld the Steeda??

Robinc464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1(ordered) 2012 Mini 2017 Lexus RX350
it would appear that it fits. See StangMode's video on the install and review.

I actually watched this video when it came out! Canā€™t believe I forgot that he installed a Corsa H- pipe, must be getting old šŸ˜‚

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
I actually watched this video when it came out! Canā€™t believe I forgot that he installed a Corsa H- pipe, must be getting old šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s hard to tell in the video if itā€™s worth $300 more than Steedaā€™s single H pipe, though.
Sponsored