Sponsored

Steeda GT500 style spoiler with gurney flap

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Hey Steeda folks, can you share more details on recently released GT500 swing: https://www.steeda.com/10-1015-100-mustang-gt500-style-spoiler-tinted-wicker-bill-gloss-black

Mainly interested in the following:
1) Any structural differences from FP version? How is the fit and finish compared to that?
2) Aero and downforce - is it same/comparable or have you done any changes to the shape of it that would make it more of a cosmetic rather than functional item?
3) Between FP version and this one, which of these two would you recommend more for track duty?

And a bonus question - how does it compare to Steeda race wing in terms of downforce: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-functional-race-wing-2015-all-476-steeda-wing-15. I couldn't find any testing data and actual numbers for this one.

@tj@steeda , tagging your name and hoping you can help out with the answers.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let me see what I can come up with - standby!

TJ

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
$200 is a great price and Iā€™m sure if Steeda put their name on it, itā€™s quality. I just bought the FP one šŸ˜‚

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the feedback I received from our internal team:

1) Any structural differences from FP version? How is the fit and finish compared to that?

The GT500 Style Wing is lighter weight. It is geared towards enthusiasts upgrading on a tighter budget. The fit and finish are great for the value.

2) Aero and downforce - is it same/comparable or have you done any changes to the shape of it that would make it more of a cosmetic rather than functional item?

There has not been any functional testing - we are marketing this part as more of a cosmetic part vs. functional on the race track.

3) Between FP version and this one, which of these two would you recommend more for track duty? The FP spoiler.

And a bonus question - how does it compare to Steeda race wing in terms of downforce: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-functional-race-wing-2015-all-476-steeda-wing-15. I couldn't find any testing data and actual numbers for this one. See question 2ā€™s answer.

This is a budget-friendly wing. It is geared toward street use, although it has been on the orange EcoBoost and handled what that car has been doing. We run the Steeda wing on the track ... our drivers are very happy with the performance of the wing.

Let me know if I can help assist further - have a great evening.

TJ

OP
OP
tosha

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Here is the feedback I received from our internal team:

The GT500 Style Wing is lighter weight. It is geared towards enthusiasts upgrading on a tighter budget. The fit and finish are great for the value.

There has not been any functional testing - we are marketing this part as more of a cosmetic part vs. functional on the race track.

3) Between FP version and this one, which of these two would you recommend more for track duty? The FP spoiler.

And a bonus question - how does it compare to Steeda race wing in terms of downforce: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-functional-race-wing-2015-all-476-steeda-wing-15. I couldn't find any testing data and actual numbers for this one. See question 2ā€™s answer.

This is a budget-friendly wing. It is geared toward street use, although it has been on the orange EcoBoost and handled what that car has been doing. We run the Steeda wing on the track ... our drivers are very happy with the performance of the wing.

Let me know if I can help assist further - have a great evening.

TJ
Thanks, that answers all my questions. Seems that for my usecase FP option is still the answer.

Great price for your version of it though and I'm sure it will be very good alternativefor street use.

Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Thanks, that answers all my questions. Seems that for my usecase FP option is still the answer.

Great price for your version of it though and I'm sure it will be very good alternativefor street use.
At $200, gloss black and with the tinted wicker this seems like great value for the street driver or cosmetic only piece. If we had some more information on downforce #'s, it would be a compelling purchase for my dual duty track/daily mustang.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No data for the downforce ... but Chris doing what he does!

OP
OP
tosha

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
At $200, gloss black and with the tinted wicker this seems like great value for the street driver or cosmetic only piece. If we had some more information on downforce #'s, it would be a compelling purchase for my dual duty track/daily mustang.
It's an awesome value, no doubt, especially for street-only car. For track use, I'll follow TJ's recommendation and stick with FP option)))
Sponsored