Sponsored

Steeda G-Trac Brace & Rear Sub Frame Braces

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I've got a 2015 GT Premium without the Performance Package, and want to add the Steeda front G-Trac Brace and the Rear Sub Frame Braces to stiffen up the chassis some.

I notice if I go over inclines at an angle I can hear the front end flexing, so really want to stiffen that up for sure. Kind of like the engine bay without the strut tower brace, so going with the G-Trac Brace seems like a good option.

Was wondering if anyone here has done both front and rear braces, and if so did you notice any difference in road noise, vibration or ride stiffness?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have, but presently running the 2-point brace. Yes, very big difference in stiffness and braking stability, especially if you don't have a strut tower and engine-bay k brace. Not really a road noise issue, but any time to add hard connection points you run the risk of letting in a few more noises from time to time. Differential bushing inserts cause the most noise, IME. Contact [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have both and love what they did. I agree, I thought there was a lot of flex. I also have the strut tower brace. No noise at all.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
I have the 2 point g brace plus strut tower and k brace plus IRS sub braces. No added NVH to speak of. Together they really tighten the car up. Handling, response and cornering improved. IRS braces help with wheel hop too.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have both. I noticed before installing the K-brace at higher speeds when changing lanes the front end felt "floaty". After I installed the K-brace, it went away and felt tighter. You won't regret getting both.

Sponsored

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Just installed the G-Trac and IRS Subframe braces 1 week ago. I've noticed a huge difference in handling. Car feels more planted and unified. No noticeable increase in NVH. Car is noticeably stiffer, but not in a harsh, annoying way. My car is a daily driver and hasn't lost any of it's functionality. I'm now waiting for Steeda vertical links, IRS subframe bushings and alignment kit to complete the set up.

Last edited:

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
GT Pony, I have both the G-force K-Member and the Rear Sub-frame Braces along with the OEM strut tower brace and cowl brace from the GTPP. All four of these contribute to a much tighter handling car without any NVH. I would recommend all four braces but if you don't want to do the strut tower brace at least do the cowl brace. Here is a link to the cowl brace http://www.villagefordparts.com/oe-ford/fr3z16k038a at a good price.

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do the rear sub frame braces mainly help reduce wheel hop, or do they also help with how the car handles in corners on the track or on tight twisty roads? Can the sub frame also deflect left & right under hard cornering situations? If so, then I'm assuming the braces could again help that problem?

I know the sub frame cradle assembly is rubber mounted to the main uni-body chassis of the car, and can twist front to rear when taking off hard from a dead stop (seen in Steeda wheel hop video below), so I can see how the braces can help reduce the sub frame from twisting under torque. I know there are other solutions to keep the sub frame from moving around beyond these braces, but those solutions start increasing the noise and vibration levels. How much will just using the braces help cut down the IRS cradle flexing compared to just using the bushing inserts?
[ame]

Since the sub frame braces essentially hard tie the sub frame assembly to the chassis of the car, it seems there should be some more noise and vibration picked up, but apparently not very noticeable from what you guys who are using them say. :shrug:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
BMR front brace and rear lockout kit is beefier and simplier

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Do the rear sub frame braces mainly help reduce wheel hop, or do they also help with how the car handles in corners on the track or on tight twisty roads? Can the sub frame also deflect left & right under hard cornering situations? If so, then I'm assuming the braces could again help that problem?

I know the sub frame cradle assembly is rubber mounted to the main uni-body chassis of the car, and can twist front to rear when taking off hard from a dead stop (seen in Steeda wheel hop video below), so I can see how the braces can help reduce the sub frame from twisting under torque. I know there are other solutions to keep the sub frame from moving around beyond these braces, but those solutions start increasing the noise and vibration levels. How much will just using the braces help cut down the IRS cradle flexing compared to just using the bushing inserts?

Since the sub frame braces essentially hard tie the sub frame assembly to the chassis of the car, it seems there should be some more noise and vibration picked up, but apparently not very noticeable from what you guys who are using them say. :shrug:
Great person to chat with (use a phone, so much more info) is SteedaTech - message him and have a chat.

Sponsored

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Reflection is an issue and the subframe braces definitely help with that. I don't track my car but I notice the difference in hard cornering and local twisty country roads.

As far as wheel hop, they help some but definitely do not cure it on their own.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Wheel hop? Start with an LCA bearing. Then add bracing, inserts, supports. They make a biiiiig difference! Worth the pain and suffering to install.

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wheel hop? Start with an LCA bearing. Then add bracing, inserts, supports. They make a biiiiig difference! Worth the pain and suffering to install.
I'm not specifically looking for a wheel hop fix. Just want to know if the sub frame braces help more for track and twisty road handling without picking up added vibration and road noise. What was the main focus of their design? If the sub frame braces also help out with cutting down some wheel hop then that's fine too.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well, I track my car as often as I can afford. You can talk to SteedaTech about the technicals, but here's what I hear from guys who have basically JUST the braces. They say the IRS feels more connected, car feels more confident. So, yes, going to be a great add for handling - they won't really add NVH -- maybe you'll get a bit more abrupt-ness when going over harsh bumps ... any bracing is going to do that. Their philosophy is to improve handling.

I don't know what you have so far, but let's say you got yourself some lowering springs and that's it. My recommendation, having done a lot to my car, is to get yourself some upgraded dampers (Steeda, Koni, upcoming Bilsteins... I have Steeda adjustables) and install the LCA bearing. The LCA bearing will had SOME NVH in the form of a little harshness on rough roads, but your IRS will feel totally different. THEN, after that, I'd add Steeda IRS centering inserts and IRS mount bushing inserts which front and back bridge the gap of the soft bushing that the IRS is mounted in with. You'll need an alignment after that installation, but after that you can avoid an alignment again if you drop the IRS down again since the inserts force it centered, back to where it was. That will shore the hell up out of the IRS and make it feel great. IF you want to go farther, get their IRS brace and do a front brace - two point braces work well and are really cheap.

Take it in stages, even if it means getting under the car more. Easier to fine tune to how you use your car doing it that way. But for twisty road handling, I'm not sure you really NEED bracing, at least not first. It makes a difference, for sure, but... NEED IT? Not sure. Start small, go big. I wish I did that so I could better report what each part did for me... I almost did everything at once. Love it, but... I missed an opportunity to experiment in stages, which I think is worth the patience and you may find you spend less money in the end. You don't have to go all Steeda, but I did (almost) having tried other products in-between - just been very happy with the way I've been treated.
Sponsored