Sponsored

Steeda Front Sway Bar Install Notes — easier than expected...busted OEM PP bushing a surprise

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Nice writeup. Do all models GT,Gt350 etc. have the bushings bonded to the bar? My car is lowered 7/8" in the front so I am wondering if this will cause some binding if I upgraded to GT350 bar from base GT.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice writeup. Do all models GT,Gt350 etc. have the bushings bonded to the bar? My car is lowered 7/8" in the front so I am wondering if this will cause some binding if I upgraded to GT350 bar from base GT.
Only the PP has the bonded bushings, as I recall.

The base bar is the same size as the PP, but no bonded bushings. The GT350 bar is larger than the base and PP.

— Mike

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Only the PP has the bonded bushings, as I recall.

The base bar is the same size as the PP, but no bonded bushings. The GT350 bar is larger than the base and PP.

— Mike
Lmao glad I didn't buy the pp sway bar , how is that an upgrade 😭😂😂. 350 bar on the way!

RAVAGE88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium, '19 HD FLHT, '08 Piper Saratoga
Perusing on a quiet morning and ran across this thread, figured I'd share a few notes from a recent Steeda Front Sway Bar installation.

As the OP relayed in his write-up, the bolt under the alternator is a real pain. If you plan to use the Steeda Billet Mounts, plan to remove the alternator to get the rear bolt in and torqued.

Also, the bar comes out on the passenger side far easier than the driver's side (Steeda instructions say to feed it out on the drivers side). On my car, to get the bar out on the driver's side, I'd have to unbolt the strut.

I also went with the Steeda Adjustable End Links....they're awesome.

Last note, if you do this install and experience a squeak, don't immediately assume you need more grease on the bushings or fret about not having an Alemite fitting in the mount. If you experience a squeak, take the time to get the car back on stands, disconnect the end links and see how the bar moves. It should move freely and smoothly, but with resistance. For mine, I went to the harshest setting and adjusted the end links so the bar ends were closer to parallel. The slight, weird sounding squeak went away and the front suspension feels even better.

Hope this helps,
MB
Sponsored

Last edited: