Sponsored

Steeda/FedEx Shipping…can’t be just me?!?!

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I’ve never had anything lost from them, but shipping takes a long time. Longer than it should. Granted I’m on the opposite side of the country and it should take long, but if I order two things from Florida on the same day, one from Steeda and one from anywhere else, I’ll get Steeda days after the first package… if that makes sense…
Sponsored

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just saw this thread of my feed. I've had some bad luck with shipping from Steeda too but it's not their fault. FedEx just coincidentally drops that ball for whatever reason with my orders but someone from the Steeda team would always go out of their way to fix it.

Last edited:

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Fedex sucks for us (that's our primary shipper at work, much to my chagrin). We pay for overnight shipping and most of our patients know that, but we still have to tell them expect it in 2 days because of consistent delays with them. Started after the pandemic hit, which is understandable but that's just an excuse for them at this point in time.

Packages are both regularly delayed at the larger sorting hubs around us (Indianapolis & Memphis) and again once they arrive at the final delivery hub.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Initial thought is a large lithium item which was not marked or declared, possibly packaged or declared incorrectly. Another is everything was correct, but the FedEx person on the line didn't know how to transfer a lithium item of that type, to continue shipment.
I don’t suspect any of this. This event was par for the course for my FedEx experience; the contents matter not.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Fedex is highly variable for me because there are at least 3 independent "fedex" contractors who service my house. One of them, I've actually watched kick a package marked both "this end up" and "fragile" end over end out the back of the truck and onto the driveway.

The other two... They'll carry a package to the front porch, and make sure it's covered if it's rainy. I wish I knew which ones were coming on a given day so I could time my orders.

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Any shipper who uses FedEx will tell you it is because of cost. Fedex Ground is a patchwork system of subcontractors and is more affordable than UPS. FedEx Corporate makes money but the contractor gets screwed. UPS is a superior company, has company-union-employees, but also more pricey. While not perfect, UPS holds itself and its employees to a higher standard. Seems all the major vendors like American Muscle, CJPP have switched to Fedex. Cost is the only reason to use FedEx.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
FedEx suck, especially ground
I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that most FedEx delivery people and truck are not FedEx employees but rather subcontractors. Next time look at the big label, usually by the driver door, that state the name of the subcontractor that own the truck and is the employer for the delivery guy/gal
That’s the issue
Edit:Just posted before seeing the previous post

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
UPS is an actual service, FedEx is basically Uber... Only worse and there's no recourse. Not sure if anybody has ever tried to pursue a claim against FedEx, but it's nearly impossible. Strangely enough, and to noac's point, it's never been an issue with UPS.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
UPS knows they offer a superior service. They stopped going after every package in the world about 18 months ago and focused on a better not bigger strategy. They are trying to make more money on fewer packages by focusing on more profitable shipments and have actually done just that.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
FedEx Ground contractors are planning a massive walkout this holiday season to protest against the company.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
UPS knows they offer a superior service. They stopped going after every package in the world about 18 months ago and focused on a better not bigger strategy. They are trying to make more money on fewer packages by focusing on more profitable shipments and have actually done just that.
Maybe so. They also have some shipping policy that causes me not to use them if at all possible. Not to drag this thread into the weeds, but if you are one who values your Inalienable rights look into UPS and their policies. then make your choices on shipping.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Maybe so. They also have some shipping policy that causes me not to use them if at all possible. Not to drag this thread into the weeds, but if you are one who values your Inalienable rights look into UPS and their policies. then make your choices on shipping.
I’ve read their policy and it’s very reasonable to me. Licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers and licensed collectors. What’s the issue? Have whatever you want shipped to/through a licensed dealer. They’re a private business and can refuse to ship (or restrict in the case I’m assuming you are referring to) as they see fit for their business. Much ado about nothing IMO.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I’ve read their policy and it’s very reasonable to me. Licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers and licensed collectors. What’s the issue? Have whatever you want shipped to/through a licensed dealer. They’re a private business and can refuse to ship (or restrict in the case I’m assuming you are referring to) as they see fit for their business. Much ado about nothing IMO.
Like I said, you do you.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
Any shipper who uses FedEx will tell you it is because of cost. Fedex Ground is a patchwork system of subcontractors and is more affordable than UPS. FedEx Corporate makes money but the contractor gets screwed. UPS is a superior company, has company-union-employees, but also more pricey. While not perfect, UPS holds itself and its employees to a higher standard. Seems all the major vendors like American Muscle, CJPP have switched to Fedex. Cost is the only reason to use FedEx.
As someone who's done the sortation automation for both companies, you're kidding yourself.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
As someone who's done the sortation automation for both companies, you're kidding yourself.
I have worked for UPS for 3 decades. I am sure you have a unique perspective having experienced both.
Sponsored