Sponsored

Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Hits Trans Lines

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Just took two hours to finagle the K member in place. just got the last bolt in and noticed it is hitting the trans lines. So...had to undo everything. What a PITA!

Anyone else have this issue? 2020 GT/CS Convert.

Hope I can get my money back.
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I did as well. I fab'd some 3/8 spacers with the same shape of the brace and frame rail and now its good. Something else to note. I had a installation of the front right side bolt would not go in. so I removed all the bolts and started with the right front and then left front, leaving them very loose then installed the spacer and rear bolts. this allowed everything to go into place.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to get everything in after prying and finagling. I'm not fabricating anything, especially something that is sold as a great fit, etc. I knew the install would be tricky, but didn't figure it would buck up against the trans lines like that. In fact, I hope I didn't bunger anything up.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Something you can do is to take a 6" piece of hearer hose and slit it and wrap it around the trans lines and zip tie it into place between the lines and brace to act as a anti chaffing hose.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something you can do is to take a 6" piece of hearer hose and slit it and wrap it around the trans lines and zip tie it into place between the lines and brace to act as a anti chaffing hose.
there was no room for that. The brace was hard against the line and the line wouldn’t move.

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Understand. For whag it is worth the bar does settle the car and allows for very responsive handling. Spacers vould ve made without much difficulity.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I thought that brace came with spacers.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understand. For whag it is worth the bar does settle the car and allows for very responsive handling. Spacers vould ve made without much difficulity.
I think you are wrong here. I am not sure how spacers would work to get the brace away from the lines. They would need to be longer than the bolts would allow.

I may opt for the new lightweight version that is just one bar.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Please send me your contact info to [email protected] along with your order number.

I will have our installation team review the details to see what may be taking place.

Best,

TJ

Sponsored

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I've got a 17 GT and just installed this 4 point brace. First time I forgot to add the spacers to the front and so it would hit the frame over hard bumps. Just reinstalled it over the weekend and put the spacers up front as instructions said and youtube vids said. Doesn't come close to any lines that I saw. I've got the fastback/coupe.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've got a 17 GT and just installed this 4 point brace. First time I forgot to add the spacers to the front and so it would hit the frame over hard bumps. Just reinstalled it over the weekend and put the spacers up front as instructions said and youtube vids said. Doesn't come close to any lines that I saw. I've got the fastback/coupe.
I installed it correctly and it was hard up against the trans lines. Maybe the 2020 is different from 2017?

Just FYI to all, both CJ and Steeda have been on the ball with this. Kudos to them for sure.

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Maybe. or could be as the vert vs coupe are different in frameworks underneath. As I know the rear is different on both.