Sponsored

Steeda E85 Bullitt Tune vs Livernois Flex -- has anyone had both to compare?

AWESOMO 4000

Threads
Reaction score
The upstate region. South of the border I think th
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
Kinda stuck between these two. Haven't seen much feedback on the Steeda E85 option; seems like a steal at $50 if you buy the X4 and 93 tune. Livernois seems like a better option because you can actually see the ethanol content and don't have to flash multiple files.

Any other provider is $400-600 more...for a tune only daily, unsure there'd be a large discrepancy between them. Just wanted to solicit some feedback/experiences.
Sponsored

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I only have experience with the Livernois flex fuel tune but I've been very happy with it. When I was looking for a tune there were several I was interested in. I went with the flex fuel tune for the same reasons you listed. I like that I can see the ethanol content on the device and I just had to load one tune and was done. Running it for over a year without issue. I daily my car so ease and reliability was most important for me. Hopefully someone can chime in about the Steeda tunes so you can come up with pros and cons to both.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Livernois Flex Tune on my 21 Mach 1 and I am very happy with it, 0 issues. I use 93 in the Winter and E70 in the Summer for the last 9 months. Pulls hard!
I had a 91-93 Steeda Tune on my 15GT and it was great but never tried their E85 tune. I was waiting for them to do one for the Mach 1 but they just kept leading me on and still don't have it out.
Does Steeda do a Flex or is it dedicated E85?
Lund does not do a Flex anymore at least on 21 and newer plus they are too much $ for the same tune on stock cars. And they dis their clients publicly...

OP
OP

AWESOMO 4000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
Save the time and hassle and go Lund Racing.
Was looking at Lund initially, but $1,050 seems a bit steep. The inability to do a crank relearn with the RTD is a deterrent, no Flex option either at that price. With the current SCT sale, can basically get E85 and 93 both for under $600.

Had a Lund tune on my 2014 GT, was great. Both of these cars will have no additional mods....tune only unless I were to go supercharger one day.

OP
OP

AWESOMO 4000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
I have a Livernois Flex Tune on my 21 Mach 1 and I am very happy with it, 0 issues. I use 93 in the Winter and E70 in the Summer for the last 9 months. Pulls hard!
I had a 91-93 Steeda Tune on my 15GT and it was great but never tried their E85 tune. I was waiting for them to do one for the Mach 1 but they just kept leading me on and still don't have it out.
Does Steeda do a Flex or is it dedicated E85?
Lund does not do a Flex anymore at least on 21 and newer plus they are too much $ for the same tune on stock cars. And they dis their clients publicly...
Steeda is dedicated 93 and E85. Once you get an hour north of where I live there are 2 E85 stations in Northern Michigan. Only 3 or 4 in the entire UP as well. Just trying to mitigate flashing it 5 times a year.
Sponsored