Sponsored

Steeda control arms and STH. An install and tour

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
So I wanted to give some kudos out to the folks at Steeda. Last week I did a road trip down to Valdosta to have the lateral links, bumpsteer and Stop the Hop starter kit installed on my 17 GTPP. It already has the progressive springs, adjustable shocks and camber plates.

Matt Henschke and the guys took good care of my baby. Install ended up taking longer to do because of a late start, but they also gave me a discount on the labor for the inconvenience. Matt gave a tour of the facility as well.

The Steeda shop in VA is part manufacturing and shipping, part install bay, part showroom, and part front offices. They have a very nice showroom that shows off lots of the many parts they make for Mustangs, from the Fox bodies to the S197s to the S550. I even got a chance to meet the company president while I was there. The showroom didn’t have any S550s on the floor unfortunately (gotta fix that).

If you have the bandwidth and time to do it, go check out them out in GA. Everyone was VERY friendly and kind, and not a single employee past me by without saying hello and asking if I had been helped or if I needed anything. I will DEF be back, but prob not till next year as it’s quite a hike from Maryland.

Here are a view pictures and a video to boot!
92781571-CB56-4817-9A91-CF87C1876834.jpeg
A6FF3208-2A87-45E6-B393-7CADCA868544.jpeg
D2EE8F3E-4E54-4D1B-AACA-F68833D64641.jpeg
76F7E4A6-D5CF-48E7-AB26-07639DE3CE8F.jpeg
6401C7B8-4698-4FE0-98AD-02575081CDE9.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
morgande

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Oh I forgot the give a review. Driving on a highway isn’t the best way to explain what the parts on the car did. I drove it in 6th gear on the highway for most of the time. The big difference is the car is stiffer out back. Not in a bad or uncomfortable way, but with a stiffer chassis your going to feel things more. So if I changed lanes, the square risers/reflectors on the road you feel a little more. A bump becomes a bigger bump, but no sweat.

The most interesting thing I noticed is how much better the car seems to accelerate. I didn’t do any launches or anything like that, and like I said I was in 6th gear on cruise control for most of the ride back. What I noticed was how effortless it was to accelerate even in 6th gear. If I needed to overtake a car, or if I resumed cruise control after braking, I could do it in 6th without the need to downshift. The car felt like it was putting more power to the ground and that was translating in better acceleration. Like I said, I didn’t do any launching and maybe it’s all placebo. But I don’t remember the car having much acceleration while in overdrive and now it does. I attribute that to the STH.

looking forward to sway bar upgrades