Sponsored

Steeda Drag Racing Update - Fastest pass at 8.46 @ 162 mph with a 1.23 short time!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Last edited:
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great video of the Silver Bullet in its natural state - great walk around & some in-depth conversations with our very own Scott Boda.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
At lunch today! It's cool to still remain a daily driver!
IMG_8933.jpg

JayplaySS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Wish MSD would make an intake and Tb for the coyote like the LS/LT that’s a 102+mm

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Cobra jet hardly outperforms an 18 intake

You must have hit your head today.

I dont have the patience to explain again why the CJ is the best coyote manifold period again.

But hey you must be one of them that believes the VMP intake manifold dyno comparison..........

The 18 is a great manifold but itll NEVER be a CJ.

JayplaySS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You must have hit your head today.

I dont have the patience to explain again why the CJ is the best coyote manifold period again.

But hey you must be one of them that believes the VMP intake manifold dyno comparison..........

The 18 is a great manifold but itll NEVER be a CJ.

I’m a moderator on LS1tech and it’s so humorous how guys immediately try to not only insult someone but show no data to argue anything when I simply stated (general statement) that a really good aftermarket alternative could do wonders - you have no data to disprove that (general) statement

The LS7 intake was the best performing LS factory intake - the MSD with a factory 90mm tb picked up 30whp from the box.

My H/C C6Z made 636rwhp through a slightly slipping clutch with my own (me) ported MSD

Does the CJ run a single blade? Does the CJ have accessible runners for porting?

Again, it’d be a breath of fresh air to have a solid aftermarket alternative that is so flexible as the GM options from MSD or FAST

Didn’t even have to insult you to reason this out -

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m a moderator on LS1tech and it’s so humorous how guys immediately try to not only insult someone but show no data to argue anything when I simply stated (general statement) that a really good aftermarket alternative could do wonders - you have no data to disprove that (general) statement

The LS7 intake was the best performing LS factory intake - the MSD with a factory 90mm tb picked up 30whp from the box.

My H/C C6Z made 636rwhp through a slightly slipping clutch with my own (me) ported MSD

Does the CJ run a single blade? Does the CJ have accessible runners for porting?

Again, it’d be a breath of fresh air to have a solid aftermarket alternative that is so flexible as the GM options from MSD or FAST

Didn’t even have to insult you to reason this out -
CJ CAN be ported in the runners.
CJ CAN be ported in the plenum if you take the lid off but would require plastic weld to close it back up.
CJ CAN run a Big single blade TB.

Go do some research. Especially if you are an LS guy. Ive had a CJ setup on my 2016 with a VMP twin 67mm TB and tuned by AED on E85. It was a damn riot and 8k rpm wideopen shifts are addicting!!

If it really matters to you umm im sitting on a beach in Cancun Mexico so no I dont really care to take the time and bury you in proof the CJ mani is THEE best coyote manifold offered period.

Those that say a 18 mani is just as good simply dont want to drop the coin on a CJ.
Or they have a piss poor tuner that hasnt figured out the VCT tables to maximize a CJ throughout the entire rpm band.

Sponsored

JayplaySS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
CJ CAN be ported in the runners.
CJ CAN be ported in the plenum if you take the lid off but would require plastic weld to close it back up.
CJ CAN run a Big single blade TB.

Go do some research. Especially if you are an LS guy. Ive had a CJ setup on my 2016 with a VMP twin 67mm TB and tuned by AED on E85. It was a damn riot and 8k rpm wideopen shifts are addicting!!

If it really matters to you umm im sitting on a beach in Cancun Mexico so no I dont really care to take the time and bury you in proof the CJ mani is THEE best coyote manifold offered period.

Those that say a 18 mani is just as good simply dont want to drop the coin on a CJ.
Or they have a piss poor tuner that hasnt figured out the VCT tables to maximize a CJ throughout the entire rpm band.
Awesome, send me a link to some compelling info to choose the CJ please, you don’t buy the VMP test it seems.

The available dyno results vs the 18 make it a very limited upgrade - Im sure you have a great link to some data.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, send me a link to some compelling info to choose the CJ please, you don’t buy the VMP test it seems.

The available dyno results vs the 18 make it a very limited upgrade - Im sure you have a great link to some data.
The VMP test iirc tested a ported 18 mani vs a stock cj and thats about where i stopped caring about that comparison test.......

JayplaySS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The VMP test iirc tested a ported 18 mani vs a stock cj and thats about where i stopped caring about that comparison test.......
So I bought an 18 GT A10 and it’ll be going turbo but I’m changing the intake

On my car with my ported intake what gains do you see if I invested $2k swapping over to a CJ with mono blade Tb?

Last edited:

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I bought an 18 GT A10 and it’ll be going turbo but I’m changing the intake

On my car with my ported intake what gains do you see if I invested $2k swapping over to a CJ with mono blade Tb?
wait 1st of all the Cobra Jet is more of a NA max effort mani due to the oval tb inlet. If you are going FI i would stay with the stock 18 mani and tb.

JayplaySS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
wait 1st of all the Cobra Jet is more of a NA max effort mani due to the oval tb inlet. If you are going FI i would stay with the stock 18 mani and tb.
My thoughts exactly so far - thank you
Sponsored