Sponsored

Steeda axle back installed today on my 2018 non-active exhaust GT

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Just the axle back, everything else is stock including the h pipe. I'm going to let them break in for a week and then post up some videos.

My impressions so far:

TONE - Similar to Roush, but much cleaner and deeper, with more bass. It is not as raspy, or as "trumpety". These are a straight through design as well. They have a nice deep smooth idle with less of the boat sound that some systems have (you know what I'm talking about).

LOUDNESS - I had Flowmaster Outlaws on my 2012 GT, and those were loud. They also gave me headaches from the drone. These are about 90% as loud, but again with a much nicer tone. Contrary to some stuff I read on the internet, these are MUCH louder than the stock non-active exhaust.

DRONE - None to speak of.

LOOKS AND BUILD QUALITY - They look great. The tips are a nice satin to medium polish stainless, and the mufflers look nice behind them if you're into the "canister" look (I am). I'm going to be hitting them with some polish on my next day off to make them pop more. I saw some other people say they hang low, but my exhaust guy was able to make adjustments without modifying the hangers to get them just right. The gap on top is about the same as the factory tips, and he got them to stick out just enough to see them a little from the side and top without them looking like they're dangling way out.

POWER INCREASE - My butt dyno can't feel anything. I doubt they added any hp beyond what could be considered a margin of error.

VALUE - I really don't see anything in the sub-$900 price point being better than these in either noise or quality. Unbeatable value IMO.

Now for some pictures. Again, videos with sound coming next week.

System disassembled:

20200214-235455.jpg

20200214-235545.jpg

20200214-235641.jpg

Final product installed on vehicle:

20200227-170408.jpg
Sponsored

GasGuzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7
Do you know what he did to get them to sit higher?

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know what he did to get them to sit higher?
I'm not sure. He just said he did a bunch of shifting of components and adjusting, but did not modify the brackets. I've seen others talk about cutting and bending brackets but he didn't. My exhaust guy is a wizard though

Sponsored

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do you have the stock resonator or an h-pipe?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
that sounds nice with the stock resonator, not too loud but a good growl which is what is intended for the axleback. I would not get a delete. How's the drone if any?

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that sounds nice with the stock resonator, not too loud but a good growl which is what is intended for the axleback. I would not get a delete. How's the drone if any?
0 drone

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea I’m gonna have to put the stock resonator back on. The h pipe makes it too loud lol.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Sounds good. I'll be trying it with a Steeda H-pipe in a couple of days. I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
Sponsored