Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What's the big warranty statement for this item?

• This K-member is designed for off road competition use only and is not covered under any warranty stated or implied.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's here. :) Next season is going to be wild. I was talking with Jigar about getting this K-member way back before you first announced it. RIP Jigar working at Steeda but Matt Henschke been awesome to work with. I look forward to getting the rest of the steeda catalog.

tactical polka dotts. :p

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Glad we all got it to workout - such an awesome piece!

Enjoy :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great shot from this past weekend of N/A and S/C S550s carving the corners at Palm Beach International Raceway - equipped with the Steeda Road Race K-Member.

137576876_3748821418540905_6916277577383691505_o.jpg

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Well $hit. I really liked that guy.
Me too. I didnt find out left until one of the other sales guys emailed me to let me know. We had a great working relationship for parts. I'd pm him in the middle of the night and then the next day I'd get a invoice, lol. I'm sure he's doing well whereever he ended up.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I've been driving on mine for a week now trying to shake loose any bugs, but so far she's running great. Install was straight forward, just need to make sure that engine is held up firmly in place during the swap.

I didn't want to use zip-ties to hold the plastic subframe engine cover, so I drilled and tapped various locations around the K-member and bolted it down. I also needed to drill and tap for the front engine and tranny cooler braces to get those bolted tight in place as well. Everything lined up well with the K-member so no hiccups.

Magnaride sensors and Sway bar brackets lined up perfect. Great job on this piece Steeda :thumbsup:

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been driving on mine for a week now trying to shake loose any bugs, but so far she's running great. Install was straight forward, just need to make sure that engine is held up firmly in place during the swap.

I didn't want to use zip-ties to hold the plastic subframe engine cover, so I drilled and tapped various locations around the K-member and bolted it down. I also needed to drill and tap for the front engine and tranny cooler braces to get those bolted tight in place as well. Everything lined up well with the K-member so no hiccups.

Magnaride sensors and Sway bar brackets lined up perfect. Great job on this piece Steeda :thumbsup:

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg
We appreciate your write-up & feedback - thank you!

TJ

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Kobi Addiction Did it come with those engine mounts, or did you get those separate? What specifically did you do to support the engine during the swap?

Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
@Kobi Addiction Did it come with those engine mounts, or did you get those separate? What specifically did you do to support the engine during the swap?
I purchased the Steeda Adjustable Engine Mounts seperate for this install. I had planned on purchasing new Ford OEM mounts, but decided to go for the higher durometer bushings to help decrease engine movement. I also wanted to lower the engine by a 1/4" to help create more space between the Whipple SC and Factory Strut tower bar that I had re-installed. Which by the way is the absolute most you can lower this engine with the factory steering rack.

Supporting the engine during this process was what worried me the most and which had me deciding through multiple techniques. I ended up purchasing a 1,000 lb Engine Support Bar from Harbor Freight ($80) and outfitting it with stronger chains and hardware. I also grabbed a set of 5.0L Engine Lift Brackets ($45) which can be purchased from multiple companies online. These made the job so much easier and safer along with the support bar. I had to make a couple trips to the hardware store for misc hardware to make it all work in harmony, but all went well. I also used a bottle jack and a small 10x10 piece of wood under the composite oil pan as a fail safe during the process. The transmission brace holds a portion of the overall weight as well, so it's not all relied on the engine support bar.

Engine Support Bar.jpg

SR engine lift hooks.jpg

Coyote-Front-Lift-Bracket.jpg

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
I purchased the Steeda Adjustable Engine Mounts seperate for this install. I had planned on purchasing new Ford OEM mounts, but decided to go for the higher durometer bushings to help decrease engine movement. I also wanted to lower the engine by a 1/4" to help create more space between the Whipple SC and Factory Strut tower bar that I had re-installed. Which by the way is the absolute most you can lower this engine with the factory steering rack.

Supporting the engine during this process was what worried me the most and which had me deciding through multiple techniques. I ended up purchasing a 1,000 lb Engine Support Bar from Harbor Freight ($80) and outfitting it with stronger chains and hardware. I also grabbed a set of 5.0L Engine Lift Brackets ($45) which can be purchased from multiple companies online. These made the job so much easier and safer along with the support bar. I had to make a couple trips to the hardware store for misc hardware to make it all work in harmony, but all went well. I also used a bottle jack and a small 10x10 piece of wood under the composite oil pan as a fail safe during the process. The transmission brace holds a portion of the overall weight as well, so it's not all relied on the engine support bar.

Engine Support Bar.jpg

SR engine lift hooks.jpg

Coyote-Front-Lift-Bracket.jpg
love the drill and tap idea for the bottom pan. for the motor lift brackets. where do they bolt on? i havent gotten my mustang yet but the same k member is in my cart at steeda along with enough other items to make my credit card nervous 😓

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
love the drill and tap idea for the bottom pan. for the motor lift brackets. where do they bolt on? i havent gotten my mustang yet but the same k member is in my cart at steeda along with enough other items to make my credit card nervous 😓
Thank you. I wanted something a little more secure and visually appealing.

The 5.0L / 5.2L motors have threaded holes in the block available for braces like these. A pair on the front driver side and another on the rear passenger side. I honestly didn't know myself until I searched online and noticed everyone lifting from these 2 points of contact. Popped the hood, felt around and found them.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Thank you. I wanted something a little more secure and visually appealing.

The 5.0L / 5.2L motors have threaded holes in the block available for braces like these. A pair on the front driver side and another on the rear passenger side. I honestly didn't know myself until I searched online and noticed everyone lifting from these 2 points of contact. Popped the hood, felt around and found them.
ok cool! i seen them and going off the pics it looked like you hung them on the exhaust manifold studs. i was thinking that sucks lol. looks like a trip to hf is in my future. those little side brackets on the support seam sturdy to you? i might want to weld on a gusset to help keep them upright.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase