Steeda’s New S550 Road Racing K-member

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Thanks for the pics db252.

Is it pretty obvious where the points are to widen the track? I am curious how this is accomplished.

So far would you say this is a worth the upgrade?
It is very obvious on where to widen the track or choose which point you want to attach to. There are cam lockouts to push the lateral link outward or pull it inward. Mine are set to the lower hole and outward for widened track. I also have the Steeda extended ball joint lateral links.
I think it's a great upgrade but not for everyone. If you don't track your car I don't see the need but that still doesn't stop some. The pickup points and pushing/pulling of the lateral link is a really nice thing to be able to have and saving weight is always a nice thing. I will be on track this Sept. 5th so I'll get more of a 'feel' for it then. It is well built and went in like a glove.

IMG_2105.jpg
IMG_2106.jpg
Sponsored

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It is very obvious on where to widen the track or choose which point you want to attach to. There are cam lockouts to push the lateral link outward or pull it inward. Mine are set to the lower hole and outward for widened track. I also have the Steeda extended ball joint lateral links.
I think it's a great upgrade but not for everyone. If you don't track your car I don't see the need but that still doesn't stop some. The pickup points and pushing/pulling of the lateral link is a really nice thing to be able to have and saving weight is always a nice thing. I will be on track this Sept. 5th so I'll get more of a 'feel' for it then. It is well built and went in like a glove.

IMG_2105.jpg
IMG_2106.jpg
Thank you so much the pictures and the explanation!

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
So car is back on the ground and all is well. I purposely didn't touch my initial alignment as I was curious what the changes would be based on my choosing of lateral link location and cam setting plus a whole different K-membet installed. Visually my toe was completely altered and heavily toed in. My toe beforehand was near 0 and it took quite a bit of adjustment to get back to that which is something I expected due to choosing the cam'd out position. So with the toe fixed I went to measure camber and beforehand that was -1.7 on left and -1.8 on the right. Post K-member install the left side was at -2.4 and the right side was -2.45. Quite a big difference with this change and one I'm happy to see as my track width is increased, I'm still capable of setting the camber plates to an even higher level of negative camber if I want and I can easily get to a street setting as well. Nothing affected my coilover to tire/wheel clearance and that too is something that will allow more negative camber without issue. These are all good things in regards to changing over to a K-member like this and obviously the weight reduction.

Also, here's a pic of the PP belly pan back in place. Hey @SteedaTech you're upside-down.

IMG_2141.jpg

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Qualified on the pole and won the SAARC race on Saturday 08/22/2020 @PBIR..
Dario Orlando Steeda 20 Car PBIR SCCA 8-22-2020 01.jpg

Chris1229

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Performance Pack 1 Mustang GT 401A 10r80

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - it's a great addition product :)

TJ

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Here is what I did for my intercooler tank. I changed my belly pan out from a PP pan to a regular GT pan. It fit better
20200115_220518.jpg
20200109_223346.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just under 20lbs savings compare to a stock k-member with a 2 point g-trac brace

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
..I have a steep driveway into the garage and if it's any lower than my headers I might be in trouble.
I would rather have the brace scrape than my headers, think of it as a Nerf bar.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have a few options I'm considering. I'm on Steeda Progressives so they are a little low and soft for the next phase of the car. I'm considering Steeda Dual Rates which will give me a bit extra until I can go Coilovers. I also have my engine lowered 3/4" on Steeda motor Mounts so I'm going to play with somethings a bit. I'm also trying to keep my Boss manifold right in the sweet zone so I can still use the shock tower brace and the Trackspec hood vent.

It's all a Tango right now. :)

I would rather have the brace scrape than my headers, think of it as a Nerf bar.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have a few options I'm considering. I'm on Steeda Progressives so they are a little low and soft for the next phase of the car. I'm considering Steeda Dual Rates which will give me a bit extra until I can go Coilovers. I also have my engine lowered 3/4" on Steeda motor Mounts so I'm going to play with somethings a bit. I'm also trying to keep my Boss manifold right in the sweet zone so I can still use the shock tower brace and the Trackspec hood vent.

It's all a Tango right now. :)

The G-Trac brace has plenty of clearance on our road race K-Member. On another note,
The Steeda Dual rate springs are awesome with our Steeda Adjustable dampers!
pm me for additional info and on set up.

Thank you,

Steeda tech

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
On another note, The Steeda Dual rate springs are awesome with our Steeda Adjustable dampers!

Thank you,

Steeda tech
+1 on that.

Time Attack A - Sweeper 900am - BW3_3408_Dec0620_913AM_CaliPhoto.jpg
Sponsored