Sponsored

Steeda’s New S550 Road Racing K-member

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Production units for final testing on our HPDE and #20 T1 SCCA/FARA Mustang!
IMG_9906.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! I'm digging the roll center adjustment! Will you position the optional hole such that it will retain the stock track width (so not just moving up, but also outboard)?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Very nice! I'm digging the roll center adjustment! Will you position the optional hole such that it will retain the stock track width (so not just moving up, but also outboard)?
Thank you! Yes, the road race production ones will retain the stock track width.
Mike D

Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I am highly confused? That looks really similar to the one that arrived at my house
20190505_195137.jpg
20190503_154911.jpg

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Nice!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's enough to move the weight distribution 1% rearward. Good to know!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
41lbs taken off the front is super! (To me) it looks like it would be a major pain in the *ss to take the other parts off and put this on. I can already see wrenches flying across the garage and the foulest, most ridiculously abrasive language being spewed out at a high volume.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice I've been waiting for this... will add it to my wish list :)

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
41lbs taken off the front is super! (To me) it looks like it would be a major pain in the *ss to take the other parts off and put this on. I can already see wrenches flying across the garage and the foulest, most ridiculously abrasive language being spewed out at a high volume.
Actually, this was pretty easy. I have done a number of F-body subframes. This one was by far a much better job. For one, all the bolt holes lined up perfect. Every piece of hardware was accessable except for the aftermarket swaybar mounts (not sure what's going on there Steeda). I used 3 in ratchet straps off of my strut tower brace. Once the stock subframe was out. I put jack stands under the engine mounts. The hardest part was removing the stock rack and pinion bolts. I had to use my mega breaker bar as my 900ftlb thunder gun barely moved the bolts. All in all at a liesurely pace maybe 4 hours. Wouldn't bother me to do it again.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Actually, this was pretty easy. I have done a number of F-body subframes. This one was by far a much better job. For one, all the bolt holes lined up perfect. Every piece of hardware was accessable except for the aftermarket swaybar mounts (not sure what's going on there Steeda). I used 3 in ratchet straps off of my strut tower brace. Once the stock subframe was out. I put jack stands under the engine mounts. The hardest part was removing the stock rack and pinion bolts. I had to use my mega breaker bar as my 900ftlb thunder gun barely moved the bolts. All in all at a liesurely pace maybe 4 hours. Wouldn't bother me to do it again.
Wow, that's good to hear. So since you did a few in the past on other cars, would you say this would take maybe 6 hours for someone who never did it before?
Sponsored