Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I found that Hellcat vid. She got between 4.5-4.7 0-60 in a car that claims 2.9. After 30 attempts she got a 4.3. This has nothing to do with her being a woman, just the real world vs. the advertised claims:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1_FEuIOUzhQ[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Turns out the gal is faster than the guys. This Hellcat ran 5-5.5 with one driver. He got out frustrated and two pros could only get 4.5-5.02 or so. Last run they kicked the fat passenger out and went even slower. :lol:

Where’s the 2.9. Where’s the beef...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]pE-mB028nGc[/MEDIA]"]

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
More a matter of perfect conditions and prep than the car or driver being weak. 2.9 is a halo run.

Beating someone that isn't racing you isn't really winning much. Otherwise I'm dusting Vettes, Lambos, and Mclarens on the weekly. The only car I can say I for sure pulled on is my friend's Challenger RT and much longer and the power difference would have caught him up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
More a matter of perfect conditions and prep than the car or driver being weak. 2.9 is a halo run.

Beating someone that isn't racing you isn't really winning much. Otherwise I'm dusting Vettes, Lambos, and Mclarens on the weekly. The only car I can say I for sure pulled on is my friend's Challenger RT and much longer and the power difference would have caught him up.
The point is you can hold your own with a Hellcat on the street if he gets too much wheel spin at the line. Trust me and don’t get psyched out. You can compete with anyone! Also note they did not average in or tape all runs as some times were truly embarrassing. In a street race things get interesting as the street changes things. A pity now that we live in a 1984 world and welcomed it in with our cell phones, that killed street racing. A pity that...

Or put it this way. You race a GT at the drag strip and he screws up on third gear and he loses. Do you throw the results out because he has a faster car on paper? Nope...

Challenge some big shots. They have more to lose than you...

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I found that Hellcat vid. She got between 4.5-4.7 0-60 in a car that claims 2.9. After 30 attempts she got a 4.3. This has nothing to do with her being a woman, just the real world vs. the advertised claims:

It's that pd blower. I tried like heck to get good 0-60 times after the LMS Magnuson blower and there is just too much torque unless you have drag radials or slicks. Sure, once you are going 60 on a dry road with good tires it's a blast, but actually my 15 was more fun with just the LMS tune 0-60 in the 4.3. I haven't been able to pull that off with the Supercharger. 4.5 is my best so far.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
At least get a Grand Sport. It's a massive upgrade over the Stingray.
I just traded in my 2018 Grand Sport Convertible M7 for a 19 GT M6. I had major back surgery and had a hard time getting in and out of the vette. Not at all disappointed in the GT. Roomier and rides better than the GS. The clutch and stock shifter on the vette sucked. Had 3 vettes and put MGW's in all of them.
Gina9.JPG

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Turns out the gal is faster than the guys. This Hellcat ran 5-5.5 with one driver. He got out frustrated and two pros could only get 4.5-5.02 or so. Last run they kicked the fat passenger out and went even slower. Where’s the 2.9. Where’s the beef...
That is a 2015 model year Hellcat. I don't think Chrysler claimed 2.9 seconds 0-60 back in 2015. I think it was the Hellcat Demons that claimed 2.9 seconds. The 2015 Hellcat was tested 0-60 around 3.7 seconds, which is still much faster than the videos you posted.

Hellcat Demons came with a crate that had drag slicks for the rear, skinnies for the fronts, and other stuff for drag times and 0-60.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...llenger-srt-demon-crate-snap-on-tools-wheels/

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I just traded in my 2018 Grand Sport Convertible M7 for a 19 GT M6. I had major back surgery and had a hard time getting in and out of the vette. Not at all disappointed in the GT. Roomier and rides better than the GS. The clutch and stock shifter on the vette sucked. Had 3 vettes and put MGW's in all of them.
Gina9.JPG
I have to tell you, with the money that you saved from owning the vet I strongly strongly encourage you to put a Whipple on it. Lethal performance is having a sale on the whipples I think on the 6th. It just runs so good and the drivability is like stock it's amazing. It'll only add about a hundred pounds to the car and make all those long gears and high RPM band so so so much fun!

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Not a Mustang vs. thread or inter-model thread.

Anyway I was at a dealer lot and noticed the V6s are holding their value where I live. Like as used 2016 is asking more than I paid new for my 2017 V6. The dealers here are also for 2018, bringing in base GTs with upgraded radios or PP1. I actually, seriously, considered moving into a V8 if they would give me my money back on the V6 and not screw me somewhere else. I bought it from fleet sales so this could actually happen. I could get a second chance here!

The rub is that if I go 5.0 again I will give up getting a Corvette. The V6 was a DD and the Vette would be a weekend. But the GT would do both.

So what do you guys think? And don’t screw around as I can actually do this. The only concern is the motor trouble on the new GTs. My V6 is absolutely trouble free and I kind of feel bad to give up a car that is a perfect DD. So should I keep this and get a Vette or go cheap and trade in?
Get the GT500... most obvious answer ever lol,

Jokes aside buy the GT. I'm gonna hurt feelings with this but corvettes are in my opinion vastly overrated and kind of a pointless car... Firstly, if you're fat or tall you can't fit in them, they are literally just a miata with a V8 engine...

If you buy one you cant park it outside as UV rays cause the roof to develop hairline cracks, the headlights also degrade... So they have to stay in doors... NEVER buy a vette that has been sitting outside... Most true vette specialty dealerships will never have one outside. They take it out only when you're ready to,buy it.

Their interiors are garbage with the exception of the C7+ You need to get a grandsport or Z06 you cannot go cheap on a vette because the base model guts alot of the features you need to make the car at least functional thanks to the weird way GM decided to option their cars...

The electronic diff is garbage.

You can't even race one reliably even if you get the Z06 without upgrading the drysump system...

Interms of power they aren't that fast... Except the Z06 and C7+

The handling of them is good, but the suspension isnt setup for street driving. The cars so low you cant even pull into a whattaburger...

The tires are ridiculously expensive and last as long as an oil change interval... So you won't want to drive it often, which will cause them to crack from just sitting at home...

A vette is a car you buy if you're a vette guy. And just love that car and want one... If that's you then buy the vette step up to the Z06 or ZR1 and not dick around about it.

The GT unlike the vette is the best street car money can buy. The interior is great, sync 3 is awesome. You can set the cruise at 70 get 27mpg, if you feel frisky you just have to press the gas or flip the sportsmode switch, because you bought the one right tool for the job.

When you have two cars you have to plan your entire weekend or day. If you start out the day in the V6 some civic idiot with a turbo is gonna harrass you. And you'll be saying God i wish i had my z06...

If You start out the day in the Z06 and have to listen to your wife bitch about the bumps you'll be saying God you wish you had the v6....

And after your 6th nail in a tire in less than a year...The cars gonna end up sitting the garage for a few years till u get fed up and sell it like 90% of vette owners...

Thats why u can find used vettes with under 12k miles all day every day, every generation, with like 10 previous owners....

Last edited:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
They arent even fast on track days because the owners are too afraid to wreck them to take them to even 1/3 of their limits. And a vette isn't a amateurs car you got to know how to drive to drive it like a man or it will kill you... No exaggeration... It's not a big cuddly puppy like the s550 is at the limit

a vette is like a BMW, Harley or a boat. Everyone wants one till they own one then they realize they made a horrible decision...

To me the ultimate weekend car is the Mazda Miata... Or a porsche cayman s. Or a Shelby gt350.

You buy a vette because you want a vette and u won't get over that till you actually own one... So buy it, and in a year or two trade it in for a used gt500.

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Just to give some more feedback. I had to get the Bullitt. Stick. Shifts excellent I don't care what the complainers say and I have owned lets see.13 manual transmission cars for sure. The new MT-82 cars shift excellently. Gearing is too long reducing a lot of the fun, though. But with a blower the car is heaven!

From there i bought this 2018 GT premium auto. Loaded with similar stuff but not the PP. Still, has the 20 inch 265 summer tires. The ride on this thing is absolutely the best I have ever had in any performance car. Fast as heck. It would destroy the manual cars stock for stock. My brother, who isn't a car guy, drove with me nearly a thousand miles from Jacksonville, NC to Detroit. He repeatedly commented how nice the car was and the ride quality. Couldn't get over the color, and he hates red (Ruby metallic) and the power.

Ford has the Mustang down. GM and Mopar still can't get it. These things are heaven to drive. Just disconnect the stupid sound tube after you get one.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
No more Corvettes for me. I've owned 3 C5 Z06's, 2 C5 Targas, and a C6 coupe.

Each and every one was finicky and always had little problems to fix here and there, constantly.

I like to tinker for fun, but tinkering all the time just to keep the wheels turning sucks.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
GT works great as a dd and weekend car.
Sponsored