Sponsored

Starting to notice 'the little things.' Are these 'normal' or worth bringing up?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Now that I've had my car for a month I've started to look beyond the obvious stuff and I've started noticing little things that seem 'off'. Can you guys let me know if you also have stuff like this and if you have had any luck getting them addressed

The first one is the windshield. There is some pretty noticeable distortion (ripple effect) in the glass that's most prominent when looking out of the passenger area of the windshield from the driver's seat. It reminds me of old time glass from the 1800s.

The second one is the blurry rear view mirror. I've tried loosening/tightening the mount and adding a 1mm felt tape strip as a dampener, but the ball joint mechanism itself seems to be the culprit. The image in the mirror has something like ultra sonic vibrations from music, road surface, exhaust noise, etc that make it kid of nauseating when trying to focus on an object behind you.

The third one is this little spot of what looks like epoxy or glue that's dried on my stitched dashboard. It's right next to the middle upper trim piece wit the speaker in it. Can't remove it with basic cleaning chemicals and I don't want to use a solvent on that material.
glue.jpg

And the last one is this tiny little dimple of my rear deck-lid, about 8-10" to the right of the GT logo. It's on the bottom horizontal corner of the rear-facing edge of the trunk. There's no paint imperfections or anything in/around it so it looks like it was like this before it was painted. It's impossible to photograph so here's a video to illustrate it:
[ame]
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Rear view mirror I would definitely go in to get that looked at.

The dashboard I would try to ignore it or find some other solution to clean it up with, supposedly it's all one big piece so I don't know if I'd want them replacing it and then chasing any kinds of creaks/rattles that result.

The dimple is common for a lot of people on the 15-17s and seen a few complaints for the 18 as well.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Was I supposed to notice something in that video? Because I didn't except for the nice chirping of the birdies.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Was I supposed to notice something in that video? Because I didn't except for the nice chirping of the birdies.
You can see the ding just under the spoiler as he moves the camera. I saw it straight away and I know if it were me, it'd bug the crap out of me.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The only thing that stands out for me is the rearview mirror, I'd have that looked at. Beyond that, typical crap workmanship unfortunately.

In the lust to initially get my '15, I missed a few things upon inspection at the dealership:

My windshield had strange clear spots in it just out of the driver's normal field of view. Drove me nuts, since I couldn't remove them with any cleaner. I thought they were spots of delamination in the glass until I took a razor blade to them. Problem solved.

My decklid had a faint dimple in the top center near the rear edge that drove me nuts when looked at in certain lighting from certain angles. Ended up putting on a GT350TP spoiler. Problem solved.

The top of the "kickup" on my passenger rear quarter had grind marks showing through the paint. Drove me completely nuts, and another reason for the TP spoiler which the outer end covered. Problem solved.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Now that I've had my car for a month I've started to look beyond the obvious stuff and I've started noticing little things that seem 'off'. Can you guys let me know if you also have stuff like this and if you have had any luck getting them addressed

The first one is the windshield. There is some pretty noticeable distortion (ripple effect) in the glass that's most prominent when looking out of the passenger area of the windshield from the driver's seat. It reminds me of old time glass from the 1800s.

The second one is the blurry rear view mirror. I've tried loosening/tightening the mount and adding a 1mm felt tape strip as a dampener, but the ball joint mechanism itself seems to be the culprit. The image in the mirror has something like ultra sonic vibrations from music, road surface, exhaust noise, etc that make it kid of nauseating when trying to focus on an object behind you.

The third one is this little spot of what looks like epoxy or glue that's dried on my stitched dashboard. It's right next to the middle upper trim piece wit the speaker in it. Can't remove it with basic cleaning chemicals and I don't want to use a solvent on that material.
glue.jpg

And the last one is this tiny little dimple of my rear deck-lid, about 8-10" to the right of the GT logo. It's on the bottom horizontal corner of the rear-facing edge of the trunk. There's no paint imperfections or anything in/around it so it looks like it was like this before it was painted. It's impossible to photograph so here's a video to illustrate it:
Drop into a PDR shop in your area, if they can get a tool behind that area, which i'm sure they can they can remove it.

I had a big dent/crease on the front edge of my hood of my FX35 where the top and bottom are welded together. I don't even know how they got a tool in there but they did and you can't tell where the dent even was.

A small dimple like that should only cost 50-100$ to remove.. but remember once you remove that you'll find something else to fixate on. Been there done that.

I can forsee your little spot on the dash snowballing into something similar. take it to a professional interior detailer, maybe they can steam it off. But be forewarned you may have a bigger spot on your dash you hate even more after that, or instead of a shiny spot now you have a duller spot compared to the rest of the dash.

Reminds me of a time my cat got in my garage and decided to do a slide down my hood. I had a clear bra on the car so it just needed to be buffed out. We had a nice day in Jan. so I took the car to my paint guy because it "bugged me and I couldn't wait". Well on the way home didn't a golf ball sized rock smash my windshield. LOL. I've learned to leave little shit alone because often you'll end up making it worse or finding something else you hate even more in the process. BTW at first I was pissed at my cat but fuck that. I can always get another car it's just bolts and metal. I can never replace Marcel. I'd give my car to a car crusher for free to have him back. So if anyone knows how to resurrect the dead my car is yours. Don't sweat the small shit, enjoy your car and worry about the things that matter.

Just my 2c

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Kevin I'd bring up the deck lid dimple and the mirror. The glue I'd probably try to figure out how to do it your self, maybe goo gone?

I subscribed to your YouTube channel, why no videos of the new Mustang?
Ha, my YouTube channel is mostly random crap, I'm not much of a video producer.

I'll take it in after I secure my $220 title/registration fee refund from those bastards. The mirror drives me nuts. I took a video to illustrate the windshield distortion, but it looks like according to the warranty doc shared by Cobra Jet, it wouldn't be covered. Sucks as this is the worst looking windshield clarity I've ever seen.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
That windshield looks terrible, is it bad looking out from the passenger seat?

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
No, when looking head on it's not noticeable. But from the seat that matters most (driver's seat) it makes looking at anything off to my right side a little annoying. Making right turns, especially. Since it's only noticeable at an angle I believe it would be disqualified from warrantable work.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I see that in the windshield, that would drive me nuts but the rest of it...meh.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I'd think that would be a warrantyable defect. Only problem is it isn't directly in the driver's field of view. I bet they get out of it with that loophole.

Take it to the dealer though. Hopefully one of the blind/deaf techs can see what your talking about and don't give you the "can't replicate problem rodeo". Sorry to sound so negative lol but I have been through many different issues over the years and once you've taken delivery they seem much much less inclined to help with anything.
Sponsored