Sponsored

Starting pressures for autocrossing OE Pirellis?

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Premium PP, 2013 Scion FR-S
Greetings - I haven't autocrossed my car yet, which is a '16 GT, very underprepped CAM-C car with not enough front neg. camber, progressive Steeda springs and no sway bar change. I have an event Sunday. It will get up to the mid-90s, dry, on asphalt. I am running a set of the stock summer Pirellis, although they are 275s square on 10 in. wide wheels. Anyone have a sense as to what pressures I should start at? Will these tires need to be sprayed? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

lizardman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Vehicle Showcase
I would start at 32F 30R and adjust from there. Use tire chalk, check tire temps, and feel of the car to adjust up or down. Recheck pressure right before you start your next run. On RE71s I run 32-29F 30-27R depending on conditions. IMHO 2 driver cars should probably be spraying. A single driver on a hot July day and a small run group and you might have to spray. If I'm over 120F by the time I get parked in grid I'm looking for a sprayer. Honestly, don't worry about spraying and just enjoy your day.

OP
OP

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Premium PP, 2013 Scion FR-S
20200705_131211.jpg
Ok - thanks. I just read these. I started at 35 all around and it felt better than I expected. I'll probably drop a few in the rear and see how it goes.

I am simply turning it to "Track" mode with the switch, but I feel a nanny kicking in around a very slow 180 hairpin. Is there a way to turn more off?
Sponsored

Last edited: