Sponsored

Starting car without clutch pushed in

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Has anyone been able to fix it to where the clutch does not have to be depressed to crank the car. I would like to be able to reach in the car without having to sit down to crank it if possible.
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
The NSS (neutral safety switch) is a safety precaution. Probably no way to bypass it. The benefits of not being able to start the car in gear far outweigh the inconvenience of having to push the clutch to start the car.

Just my opinion.

2016 DIB Base GT with Performance Pack

OP
OP
AoAIronman

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only time i want it is when its at home in my garage and i know its in neutral since my garage is flat. Plus you could tell if its in gear when you reach into the car to start it

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Cruise control wouldn't work because it would think the clutch is depressed. Probably screw up other functions like launch control and line lock. Goes without saying, it is risky being you don't even need a key to start it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's a safety issue and it only takes one time forgetting you are in gear now your Mustang is in your living room.
Besides you still need to hold the brake pedal to start it unless you have remote start.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Geez . . . dunno how any of us, ummm, older folks managed to survive, having to remember to step on the clutch all by ourselves without any reminders and only having muscle control and a little judgment available for speed control . . .

Next time I'm out in my '08 I'll have to see if the CC works. Don't use it otherwise.

Jason - you worry too much. The clutch pedal will still be there.

Norm

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
it would be easy to do, but why?

Who parks their car in neutral? The engine is what keeps the car still, the parking brake is the back up.

BUT...here is how you bypass it if you want.

Locate the clutch switch on the clutch pedal. Very simple switch. The switch is OPEN (off) when the clutch is at normal position and CLOSED (on) when you push the pedal in.

Wire a relay up that #1 requires the parking brake to be engaged. #2 uses the ignition to energize the relay.

So when the parking brake is engaged, every time you press the start button, the relay will fire and bypass the clutch switch.

you can now start your car without sitting in it.

NOWAY would i recommend you doing this. But it can easily been done.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Cruise control wouldn't work because it would think the clutch is depressed. Probably screw up other functions like launch control and line lock. Goes without saying, it is risky being you don't even need a key to start it.
You dont "hot wire" or permanently by pass it. You do it with conditions you set.

Give me enough relays and I could automate the entire car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AoAIronman

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
just look up your nearest compustar alarm dealer near you. usually it would be a car electronics store. there are other brands as well, or get just the remote starter itself without an alarm. it's different for auto or manual transmission cars so ask accordingly.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Say goodbye to cruise control also. Yes I had some older cars that did not have a safety switch from the factory. Those cars also were not equipped with cruise control. Go figure.

OP
OP
AoAIronman

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Say goodbye to cruise control also. Yes I had some older cars that did not have a safety switch from the factory. Those cars also were not equipped with cruise control. Go figure.
I would only ever use cruise control on long trips so thats no biggie to me since i rarely drive on long trips. I like passing ppl on the interstate to much :)

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
just look up your nearest compustar alarm dealer near you. usually it would be a car electronics store. there are other brands as well, or get just the remote starter itself without an alarm. it's different for auto or manual transmission cars so ask accordingly.
Most places will not install a remote start system on a manual transmission car. It is going to be hard to find a good place to do it. I don't see who this guy got it done. [MENTION=19589]AoAIronman[/MENTION] the only thing i can think of is take the switch out of the bracket that holds it on the pedal and it would think the clutch is always pushed in. But i don't know what else that would do besides just disable the cruise.
Sponsored