Sponsored

Star wars or Star trek, which society would you prefer to live in?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I do like the Star Trek way of the moneyless society working to better them selves and the whole of humanity ( all though I don't think they address what they do with those who don't hold up their end) but I also like the Star wars approach of you touch my Bantha I bury you in the dunes of Tatooine
Sponsored

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
How is this even a question. In Star Wars, human live mostly like the old west with space technology. You also have an evil empire (or remnents of one) trying to grind everyone beneath their heel. In Star Trek humans live in an effective utopia where they can have anything they want and poverty is no longer a thing (thank you replicators).

Star trek all the way

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
How is this even a question. In Star Wars, human live mostly like the old west with space technology. You also have an evil empire (or remnents of one) trying to grind everyone beneath their heel. In Star Trek humans live in an effective utopia where they can have anything they want and poverty is no longer a thing (thank you replicators).

Star Wars all the way

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

Star Wars all the way

Star trek all the way
Hum two compelling arguments two different outlooks. LOL

Last edited:

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Star Wars for me. Obviously if the New Republic are the ones running things. Thing may have been rough in the days of the Empire or First Order.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Star-Trek-Memes-7.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The best part of Star trek life would be every time you need to do a stunt, a double that looks nothing like you with a wig on will do it for you.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
20130527-194935.jpg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Star Wars for sure as long as I can use the force. âš”

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Star Wars for sure as long as I can use the force. âš”
Statistically you have to assume that you will be a random nobody in either universe which is why I don't understand why anyone would choose Star Wars. Much rather be a random human on earth with anything I want and awesome technology vs. a random slave on Tatooine.

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I’m more of a Star Trek fan as I’m more curious of the galaxy and universe and exploration. I’ve watched everything Star Trek except TOS which I’m doing right now since I’m working from home.

Star Wars is a space opera. More adventurous style. I don’t mind watching it. They’re good content to watch when done right, episode 8 and 9 weren’t that great.

Really hoping they make a Star Trek 4 movie. I like those movies as it’s different.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Season 1 and 2 of TOS are great. The network slashed the budget for season 3, and it really shows. Still a couple of good episodes worth watching in 3. Meanwhile, there are only 3 total Star Wars movies (IV, V, and VI), so I'm not sure what you mean when you say "episode 8 and 9" :giggle:. Rogue I was really good, as is the Mandolorian.
8B1E5EC9-A589-47E7-B756-0038174A7667.jpeg

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
I’m more of a Star Trek fan as I’m more curious of the galaxy and universe and exploration. I’ve watched everything Star Trek except TOS which I’m doing right now since I’m working from home.

Star Wars is a space opera. More adventurous style. I don’t mind watching it. They’re good content to watch when done right, episode 8 and 9 weren’t that great.

Really hoping they make a Star Trek 4 movie. I like those movies as it’s different.
Not sure if joking or not (or have only seen the new reboot movies "Kelvin timeline").

Star Trek IV The Voyage Home (Save the Whales!) is absolutely awesome and very very funny.

The general rule for star trek movies is that the even numbers ones are the better ones (assuming you add Galaxy Quest into the series)

1) Star Trek (TOS) - The Motion Picture - Meh

2) Star Trek II (TOS) - The Wrath of Khan - arguably the best ST movie ever

3) Star Trek III (TOS) - The Search for Spock - not too bad, overshadowed by II and IV

4) Star Trek IV (TOS) - The Voyage Home - Very Very Good - may be preferred over II depending on taste

5) Star Trek V (TOS) - The Final Frontier - Horrible, please skip

6) Star Trek VI (TOS) - The Undiscovered Country - Very good (personal favorite) political thriller

7) Star Trek Generations (TOS/TNG) - Meh

8) Star Trek First Contact (TNG) - Best of the TNG movies - could be overall favorite if you prefer TNG

9) Star Trek Insurrection (TNG) - Should have been a TV Episode

10) Galaxy Quest - Best star trek parody ever

11) Star Trek Nemesis (TNG) - Great idea / horrible execution

12) Star Trek 2009 (Reboot) - pretty good reboot, some may not like it

13) Star Trek Into Darkess (Reboot) - Horrible rehash of the wonderful Star Trek II

14) Star Trek Beyond (Reboot) - Best of the reboot series

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Not sure if joking or not (or have only seen the new reboot movies "Kelvin timeline").

Star Trek IV The Voyage Home (Save the Whales!) is absolutely awesome and very very funny.

The general rule for star trek movies is that the even numbers ones are the better ones (assuming you add Galaxy Quest into the series)

1) Star Trek (TOS) - The Motion Picture - Meh

2) Star Trek II (TOS) - The Wrath of Khan - arguably the best ST movie ever

3) Star Trek III (TOS) - The Search for Spock - not too bad, overshadowed by II and IV

4) Star Trek IV (TOS) - The Voyage Home - Very Very Good - may be preferred over II depending on taste

5) Star Trek V (TOS) - The Final Frontier - Horrible, please skip

6) Star Trek VI (TOS) - The Undiscovered Country - Very good (personal favorite) political thriller

7) Star Trek Generations (TOS/TNG) - Meh

8) Star Trek First Contact (TNG) - Best of the TNG movies - could be overall favorite if you prefer TNG

9) Star Trek Insurrection (TNG) - Should have been a TV Episode

10) Galaxy Quest - Best star trek parody ever

11) Star Trek Nemesis (TNG) - Great idea / horrible execution

12) Star Trek 2009 (Reboot) - pretty good reboot, some may not like it

13) Star Trek Into Darkess (Reboot) - Horrible rehash of the wonderful Star Trek II

14) Star Trek Beyond (Reboot) - Best of the reboot series
I’ve watched them all. Once I’m done watching TOS I have to watch TOS animated series.

The Kelvin timeline movies (reboot) are great because it’s completely different than anything prior. Before the reboots, Star Trek was more drama with some action. The reboots are action adventure with some drama which is refreshing to watch. Discovery is kinda of half drama and half action. Beyond was great because it felt more like a TOS movie.
Sponsored