Sponsored

standard 15 to Roush 17 speedo/cluster swap

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
I own a 15 Roush and it didn't come with the Roush cluster. I picked one up from a 17 not to long ago now time to install. I have looked and haven't found definitive answers. ive got a .doc for forscan and there isn't anything about updating the mileage and the vin portion is a bit confusing

VIN #: (first 5 characters in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (character 6 of VIN in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (characters 7-11 in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (character 12 in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (last 5 characters in ASCII converted to Hex)

how do I convert to hex? I don't see how or where to do that.

please help
Sponsored

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
You don't need to write the VIN to the cluster, the cluster will pick it up once plugged - you can ONLY increase the mileage with Forscan (you cannot decrease unless you've got another tool called UCDS or eeorom programmer)

OP
OP
VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
You don't need to write the VIN to the cluster, the cluster will pick it up once plugged - you can ONLY increase the mileage with Forscan (you cannot decrease unless you've got another tool called UCDS or eeorom programmer)
thanks. I guess it’s easier than I thought it was going to be. Trying to search I kept getting every digital dash swap thread not really what I needed. The programmers you mentioned, are they dealer only or can they be found out in non dealer world? again thanks for the reply
Sponsored