Sponsored

Stainless Works vs. American Racing Headers

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Few key points.

1. You cant go wrong with ARH or Kooks. Both are very high quality. I haven't heard anything bad about SW, but I have experience with both kooks and ARH.

2. Any set of headers can crack with constant NVH if there's no flex anywhere in the exhaust tubing. My full ARH system has no flex but I'm adding billows on my build. I didn't have any failures up to about 20k miles on my car but it was always a concern.

3. Studs are better than bolts. They reduce the torsional issues and help ensure more consistent tension. However, they make installation and removal considerably more difficult. After three rounds of headers on Ford motors I've given up on stage 8 locking header bolts. I'm going to try nord lock washers which will actually allow anti seize on the thread to prevent galling and still give vibrational protection against backing off.

4. Might as well spend the $300 and get them cerakoted. It'll reduce engine bay Temps and make your headers last longer. I've researched jet hot, titanium and glass wraps and cerakote is the best all around product, for price, fitment, ease of acquisition (local reps vs shipping) etc.

6. Spend the money on new Ford gaskets. The last thing you want is to pay someone over 1k to install or wrench for several hours to discover a leak and have to either live with it haunting your dreams or reinstalling

5.if I hadn't already cerakoted I would have paid to have the o2 bungs repositioned so they angle upward slightly. I haven't had issues with my e85, but apparently moisture pooling gives some guys fits with burning them out on e85.
Sponsored