Sponsored

Stainless Works / Power "Long" Headers - Turn catbacks to 3" - including corsa!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Pretty excited for this.

The first mod almost anyone does is a catback, and then later regret not getting headers and catback together for a performance connection. And even then, most systems that aren't of the same make in header and exhaust don't play nice with each other and your adding pieces, welding, etc. to get rid of the factory connection point.

Most catbacks are 3", and then have some sort of neckdown to the 2.25" factory connection point. Corsa uses and extension piece, which results in an extra clamp in the system. MBRP just slides the size down on a single portion of pipe. All the system are slightly different.

We have been playing with different configurations that should work with just about any exhaust system out there.

The system will have a flare to cover all of the 3" systems, 0-2" of trim down may be needed on the header lead pipes, and you will be able to cut off the neckdown of your aftermarket systems for a single point of 3" connection.

Corsas you will simply cut off the flared section of the lead pipes to leave the 3" section of pipe that will slide right into the corsa system. The corsa insert at the perf connection side is 3". The corsa pipe itself is already flared out to go over 3" and will have a single 3" connection point.

So, no more worrying about purchasing a factory connect system, with plans to do headers later and having to weld, cut, and clamp multiple sections of piping which always leads to a looser, more rattling exhaust.

These systems will be available in the Stainless Works or Stainless power in catted and offroad configurations.

The best thing about this is it's a TEAM BEEFCAKE RACING EXCLUSIVE!!!

Thats right! These systems are an exclusive we have been working on some time to offer to the guys and gals! The systems will only be $75 more than the current header systems at retail. We have 75 sets on order, so we should be able to fulfill lots of orders rather quickly.

Get in line for yours and hit us up for forum specials!

Beef
513-478-1965

stainless power offroad
http://teambeefcakeracing.com/sm15h3orlg.html

stainless power catted
http://teambeefcakeracing.com/sm15h3catlg.html

stainless works offroad
http://teambeefcakeracing.com/m15h3orlg.html

stainless works catted
http://teambeefcakeracing.com/m15h3catlg.html
Sponsored

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thanks for the Orders

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
bump

gscoolio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 MM 5.0 A6
The system will have a flare to cover all of the 3" systems, 0-2" of trim down may be needed on the header lead pipes, and you will be able to cut off the neckdown of your aftermarket systems for a single point of 3" connection.

So, no more worrying about purchasing a factory connect system, with plans to do headers later and having to weld, cut, and clamp multiple sections of piping which always leads to a looser, more rattling exhaust.
Just so that I understand as I've been having trouble finding information, I'm going to use my system as an example. I have the SW factory connect catback version which connects to the factory headers. If I wanted to connect these same catbacks to any aftermarket headers I'd have to do some type of cutting or welding. Now, your saying that with these SW/SP XL headers it would make my factory connect catback compatible without having to cut or weld?

Or do I still need to cut the 2 small inlets at the factory connect point to make fit?

stw-m15cb_3156.png

I'm guessing I will need to do some cutting either way (really trying to avoid that). Thanks.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
You will cut off those 2 red circled portions, this is how you will create a 3" connection.

Sponsored

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can connect your factory connect catback to any factory connect header with no cutting at the 2.25" connection

the long headers that we make you would cut the circled part, just as was mentioned off, and then you cut the extended leads to fit

gscoolio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 MM 5.0 A6
you can connect your factory connect catback to any factory connect header with no cutting at the 2.25" connection

the long headers that we make you would cut the circled part, just as was mentioned off, and then you cut the extended leads to fit
So then IT IS possible to not have to cut anything and just get a factory connect header for my factory connect catback. Thanks for clearing that up!!

So then, how would sound be affected in regards to both diameters? Would the 3" be deeper vs using factory connect versions?

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Fantastic work Beef. Thanks for your efforts for the Mustang community.

Quick question. Couple of hundred dollars difference between the SW and SP but both seem pretty similar visually (both off-road, both 1 7/8 primaries, both catless, both 304 stainless etc.). Haven't seen any back to back comparisons between the 2. Are the more expensive ones worth the extra $?

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So then IT IS possible to not have to cut anything and just get a factory connect header for my factory connect catback. Thanks for clearing that up!!

So then, how would sound be affected in regards to both diameters? Would the 3" be deeper vs using factory connect versions?
i don't think you'd notice a difference in sound

Fantastic work Beef. Thanks for your efforts for the Mustang community.

Quick question. Couple of hundred dollars difference between the SW and SP but both seem pretty similar visually (both off-road, both 1 7/8 primaries, both catless, both 304 stainless etc.). Haven't seen any back to back comparisons between the 2. Are the more expensive ones worth the extra $?
personal preference, they are 304 stainless, one header is made overseas, one is made here.

the lead pipes on both systems are made here, same lead pipes

we sell alot more of the power due to the cost, both are nice systems

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
personal preference, they are 304 stainless, one header is made overseas, one is made here.

the lead pipes on both systems are made here, same lead pipes

we sell alot more of the power due to the cost, both are nice systems
Thanks Beef. Give you a shout when i'm ready.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
ttt

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
How do I get a forum discount? I would like to place an order.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OP
OP
beefcake