2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I'm going to park my mustang since I can't legally mod it and start driving my 66 396 Chevelle. High compression ported heads, headers NO CATS or any other pollution control devise.

Now complain about that.
No complaints, the car was grandfathered in and is no longer manufactured.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'm all for the ability to install test pipes on race cars while on track. The impact there is so minimal given the amount of cars that would affect its not a big deal. That's the kind of middle ground we need the RPM act to support.
And how many people are actually out there being asshats with cat deletes? I'm likely wrong but guessing it's a small percentage relative to the amount of cars on the road. 95% are econoboxes just getting to work and home in my eyes.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
they drive so different though. not the same thing, but I built a 1982 Camaro a long time ago, and after going to a modern car. it was hard to go back.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm going to park my mustang since I can't legally mod it and start driving my 66 396 Chevelle. High compression ported heads, headers NO CATS or any other pollution control devise.

Now complain about that.
I plan to get an old Mustang again like the 65 289 / 4 speed I had in high school and I don't intend to add emissions equipment. It would be legal and I would be fine with it. The difference is that most of those pre-70's cars are truly weekenders that see very little mileage. Any of them that aren't weekenders at this point have long since been crushed. Point being, collectively they are putting out very little pollution.

You may have a modern day weekender, like mine (which would destroy the 65 in performance!) and it wouldn't make a lot of difference either. But seeing how many tunes some of these companies have been fined for, it is a lot bigger problem than I would have ever thought and collectively that is a real problem.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
And how many people are actually out there being asshats with cat deletes? I'm likely wrong but guessing it's a small percentage relative to the amount of cars on the road. 95% are econoboxes just getting to work and home in my eyes.
We have emissions testing in the 16 counties surrounding Atlanta and I can't tell you how frequently someone posts that they just bought headers and now need to find someone to help them illegally pass emissions testing because they went catless for that extra 3hp on their bolt on Mustang.

Against the vast number of cars on the roads in general number its very low but I can tell you that one those who upgraded and went catless less than 10% of them use them anywhere but on the street.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
We have emissions testing in the 16 counties surrounding Atlanta and I can't tell you how frequently someone posts that they just bought headers and now need to find someone to help them illegally pass emissions testing because they went catless for that extra 3hp on their bolt on Mustang.

Against the vast number of cars on the roads in general number its very low but I can tell you that one those who upgraded and went catless less than 10% of them use them anywhere but on the street.
Lucky to live in an area without emissions testing. I was "that" guy in my mini DDing it without a cat but now I'm still factory spec. Would piss me off to have to do the testing again though. There is a point where we need to point the finger to the other countries around the world doing far worse to the environment we all share.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Lucky to live in an area without emissions testing. I was "that" guy in my mini DDing it without a cat but now I'm still factory spec. Would piss me off to have to do the testing again though. There is a point where we need to point the finger to the other countries around the world doing far worse to the environment we all share.
only 6 counties in Ohio out of 88 do testing, all the places was shut down. if they bring them back, a LOT of people going to be mad. people can't even afford to fix their cars, shits held together by duck tape in my area

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It's not about emissions, it is about control.

According to the EPA and their "rules" it is illegal to alter your car. It does not matter if it passes emissions or not. If you have headers with cats and the cats are not in the stock location you fail and your car is not legal. Even if it passes all tail pipe emissions tests.

I expect catted headers to be the next thing on the chopping block.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I also believe the EPA will randomly attend Drag strips and dirt tracks and fine people with 1975 and newer cars without cats.

The ........ party is not the party for the little guy anymore.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Sign the RPM act and do it monthly. If enough of us do that the congress critters will get sick of seeing it and pass the bill.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I also believe the EPA will randomly attend Drag strips and dirt tracks and fine people with 1975 and newer cars without cats.

The ........ party is not the party for the little guy anymore.
ramdom gosig?

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Why is this political to you? Enforcement of the law (which has been around for decades) ultimately serves the greater good.

Running around on public roads with a cat deleted car is a non-starter. So what is your proposal for a reasonable path forward?
The greater good 🤣, where have I heard that before??
Sponsored