Stainless Works no longer selling anything labeled "Offroad Use Only"

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Also keep in mind the RPM act does absolutely nothing to protect your catless street car. It's purely focused on non-registered race cars built from street cars with Vins.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Ugh so many lib soyboys in here. I can see the Mach-Es flying off the shelves for these guys.
I'd absolutely love a MachE GT to daily while the GT350 sits in the garage for track days and weekend mountain runs. Every EV mile that's driven is one less thats using fuel for my rowdy sports car. The more people drive EV's the longer the supply of gasoline lingers for the cars that really move my soul. Sitting in stop and go traffic on my way into Atlanta from the suburbs doesn't require 526hp, nor is it very enjoyable.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I'd absolutely love a MachE GT to daily while the GT350 sits in the garage for track days and weekend mountain runs. Every EV mile that's driven is one less thats using fuel for my rowdy sports car. The more people drive EV's the longer the supply of gasoline lingers for the cars that really move my soul. Sitting in stop and go traffic on my way into Atlanta from the suburbs doesn't require 526hp, nor is it very enjoyable.
Same here, drove a friend's tesla last week and enjoyed the experience. I'm very interested in a mach-e GT now while still keeping my car & truck.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Cst delete vs high flow cats on a 750+ rwhp Supra with a single exhaust.

9 rwhp difference. So sacrifice 9rwhp and protect the environment for the future, seems fine by me.
Yeah but if you are bench racing here on the forum and want bragging rights so you can post your dyno sheet, that 9 hp makes a difference....Seriously, maybe that 9hp would make a difference in a riding lawn mower race, but not on a 3500lb+ car. I could go on a diet and lose a few pounds and it would have more of an impact!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yes I have driven them and raced them in my Hellcats as well and yes they are fast. But and a big buttšŸ˜ why doesnā€™t the EV manufacturers sticker on the window show how much of a Carbon Footprint it took to make the vehicle. And if you have to charge your vehicle and requires fossil fuels to charge it the Carbon Foot Print as well. Also the manufacturer should have to make the consumer aware before purchasing their EV how it will be charged. Meaning is your local electric company Coal, Natural Gas, wind, solar, nuclear....etc hamster wheelšŸ˜
Years ago I read it was 40k miles on an EV before it actually helped the carbon footprint impact. And the irony to all this EPA crap is most of these vehicles people modify are toys being they are not daily drivers. I would be willing to bet most mods are specialty vehicles that donā€™t even get driven 5k miles a year for the majority. The miscommunication to the general public is always the problem and the EV movement has a lot of misinformation. Just as an example I have looked at the new Mach E Mustang and should you want a fast charger system for your home and your not a handy man. Then plan on spending 4K plus to have the system installed otherwise your going to spend days charging your car on the 120 outlet. And oh ok get the dryer plug installed in your garage by an electrician and that will be 1k bill possibly as well. And you have to oay for charging your car by the KW at home and or away from home as well.
The Covid pandemic has lessened the Carbon Foot print by huge numbers never seen in the world in modern times. Air plane travel disappeared, cruise ships, public transportation, people commuting to and from work.....etc. Where the hell is that conversation on how much the ozone has been saved? Yeh itā€™s the Blind leading the Blind rhetoric which in the end itā€™s a political and transfer of wealth program to enrich select others and punishing most for the beliefs mankind knows the end result.

Very good points and validations. I for one will never drive an EV as a performance car. I find Teslas boring, yes they are quick as hell. However, thats the only time you have fun with them is when banzai launching from a stoplight. They weigh well over 2 tons, have numb steering and absolutely no driving involvement at all. I enjoy my Mustang everytime I drive it whether it be fast or slow. When I am just putzing around I love to hear the burble, feel the shifter in my hand and enjoy the full experience. I always felt EVs were fast appliances not cars.

Also, there is a huge carbon footprint in the manufacture of EV vehicles. The transportaion of the precious metals to make the batteries in these cars come from all over the world. They are being transported by train, ship and aircraft (all burning fossil fuels) to get the point of manufacture. Not to mention powering these EVs on electric grids that are pushed to the breaking point as is. California wants to have 9 million EVs on the road by 2030 and hook them up to a grid that couldn't even make it through the summer with rolling black outs on hot days when everyone was running their AC.

Here is a video of Chris Harris in the new BMW M3, I didn't post this up for the new M4 (which is growing on me) but for his comments at the end (around 9min mark)when he says he would take that car over any performance EV out there.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Enforcement of the law (which has been around for decades) ultimately serves the greater good.
The siren call of the collectivist. What other legislation, let's say over the last century or so, has this been claimed?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Cst delete vs high flow cats on a 750+ rwhp Supra with a single exhaust.

9 rwhp difference. So sacrifice 9rwhp and protect the environment for the future, seems fine by me.
This is not the concern I'm raising. I _do_ run with a cat, want to protect the environment and have no intention of doing otherwise. I'm still not legal and have no path to a legal vehicle with the exception of returning the car to stock.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Running around on public roads with a cat deleted car is a non-starter. So what is your proposal for a reasonable path forward?
The right to prove my car meets clean air standards on it's own merits.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
This is not the concern I'm raising. I _do_ run with a cat, want to protect the environment and have no intention of doing otherwise. I'm still not legal and have no path to a legal vehicle with the exception of returning the car to stock.
I'm actually in agreement with you. I want there to be a legal path but that still retains emissions equipment on a street driven vehicle.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There are four innocuous little words that when used together in a sentence always raise my blood pressure. ā€œFor the greater goodā€. Everything Hitler did was ā€œfor the greater goodā€ and it resulted in the deaths of 50 million people. Every Communist regime has always been based on the concept of being ā€œfor the greater goodā€ We can observe the results of the Venezuelan ā€œfor the greater goodā€ experiment in real time where significant portions of the population are starving and they are being brutalized for speaking out in protest. It seems to me that these four inoffensive words, instead of being the harbinger of equity and fairness have been at the root of more human misery and suffering than any others in our history. Nothing for the GREATER GOOD ends well for anyone. The more they take.....the more they want.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm going to park my mustang since I can't legally mod it and start driving my 66 396 Chevelle. High compression ported heads, headers NO CATS or any other pollution control devise.

Now complain about that.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Making horsepower has a cost. If that means you have to replace a $700 cat every couple of years to make 750whp then that's just part of the budget in my opinion.

I've been down the car delete everything side and the smell alone was super annoying.
I was more referring to the mentions of car without cats that when cats are installed, will melt through them in just a few laps. If that's even something that can happen I don't know. I posted much earlier in this thread my last car (mini cooper JCW) I modified and was running a catless downpipe. I didn't notice any difference at all and only went that route because it was less expensive. The car was smelling, sounding, and feeling like a race car long before the cat went away. I miss it but love the (99% stock) mustang more than I rationally should. No plans at all to do headers or anything, maybe the performance pack by ford and some touring axle backs. X-pipe sounds amazing as is but hate the look of the stamped factory mufflers. Maybe wait for some Mach 1 mufflers if they become an option. So this for the most part doesn't impact me, I just really hate options taken away.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I'm going to park my mustang since I can't legally mod it and start driving my 66 396 Chevelle. High compression ported heads, headers NO CATS or any other pollution control devise.

Now complain about that.
LOL,except a stock Mustang probably has more power.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The problem is that in the eyes of the EPA your high flow cats still won't suffice as they're too far downstream to light off fast enough so startup emissions will most likely fail. This is why you're seeing cats literally in the manifolds or attached straight to thr turbo outlet on boosted motors from the manufacturers.

I too agree there should be some leeway and a middle ground, but the EPA is likely not going to see it that way especially with us rejoining the Paris accords.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was more referring to the mentions of car without cats that when cats are installed, will melt through them in just a few laps. If that's even something that can happen I don't know. I posted much earlier in this thread my last car (mini cooper JCW) I modified and was running a catless downpipe. I didn't notice any difference at all and only went that route because it was less expensive. The car was smelling, sounding, and feeling like a race car long before the cat went away. I miss it but love the (99% stock) mustang more than I rationally should. No plans at all to do headers or anything, maybe the performance pack by ford and some touring axle backs. X-pipe sounds amazing as is but hate the look of the stamped factory mufflers. Maybe wait for some Mach 1 mufflers if they become an option. So this for the most part doesn't impact me, I just really hate options taken away.
I'm all for the ability to install test pipes on race cars while on track. The impact there is so minimal given the amount of cars that would affect its not a big deal. That's the kind of middle ground we need the RPM act to support.
Sponsored